Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moments Of Weakness !

MY GOD THIS IS SO HARD!

Two weeks out and Im having such a hard time coping. My husband swears he understands and is supporting me but really he doesn't get this at all. Especially when he is stuffing his face with all sorts of trouble in front of me. I'm still on my MUSH DIET. And, I hate it! I had my daughters 2nd birthday party cookout yesterday and there was all sorts of food that I got to cook and ate NONE OF IT. Wait... I'm lying I snuck two shrimps and had to literally throw the rest away because I was having a serious self control issue. Thursday I'm being put on stage 4 where I can eat ground meat. That will be glorious! But, Im so scared of breaking! I have not had any serious moments where I ate junk. Just the shrimp and a small bite of potato salad which I spit out because IM TERRIFIED OF DUMPING!

Has this happened to anyone else!?! How did you cope?

Im scared of being an exception to the surgery and never losing the weight, yet I have been sticking to my diet and walking allot.

Everyone has told me I lost weight, but I still feel as big as ever.

I have had my moments of weakness. Like you nothing to off the wall. It drives me crazy when people eat things in front of me that I crave. Most of the time its head hunger not actual hunger. I've even smelled my hubbys food when it was something I'd been craving...lol.You aren't alone some days are definately a struggle with cravings. Just take one day at a time. Good luck.

I haven't had the moment of weakness yet.

MY GOD THIS IS SO HARD!

Two weeks out and Im having such a hard time coping. My husband swears he understands and is supporting me but really he doesn't get this at all. Especially when he is stuffing his face with all sorts of trouble in front of me. I'm still on my MUSH DIET. And' date=' I hate it! I had my daughters 2nd birthday party cookout yesterday and there was all sorts of food that I got to cook and ate NONE OF IT. Wait... I'm lying I snuck two shrimps and had to literally throw the rest away because I was having a serious self control issue. Thursday I'm being put on stage 4 where I can eat ground meat. That will be glorious! But, Im so scared of breaking! I have not had any serious moments where I ate junk. Just the shrimp and a small bite of potato salad which I spit out because IM TERRIFIED OF DUMPING!

Im scared of being an exception to the surgery and never losing the weight, yet I have been sticking to my diet and walking allot.

Everyone has told me I lost weight, but I still feel as big as ever. [/quote']

Hang in there. The mush diet was HORRIBLE for me. I just wanted to chew. Once I was released to real food, things started looking up for me. I am almost five Weeks out now. I have not dumped, but have felt discomfort for a short period due to accidentally swallowing a bite before I chewed it good enough. Chew chew chew and then chew some more would be my number one suggestion. As far as dumping or getting sick, I was advised to take a bite or sip of anything new, and then wait five min to allow it to reach my stomach and give it a chance to react. I am not eating in public yet just in case I do get sick, but so far so good and my feelings of "What the hell did I do to myself!?!?" have dissipated. Don't give up on yourself, it will get easier and your good health will make all the difference.

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk

It's very hard in the beginning. I thought I wouldn't lose weight and I was going to be the first person to have this surgery where it didn't work. I was in a state of panic over it. I am still terrified of dumping. I think I have had very mild forms from yogurt and other foods that made me feel bad all day. Just hang in there. You will feel totally different when you start eating "normal" foods again.

I found in the beginning I stuck to It all with only minor complaints. Now that I'm seven months out I find it hard to always do the right thing. I obviously don't eat a lot but I don't always make the smartest choices. It's hard being a mom, wife work a job and then take time for yourself to eat healthy and exercise. Not to mention I'm also planning a wedding on top of all that. Everyday is a battle some days better then others. I try not to get mad at myself and just take each day at a time. Everyday I have good intentions if I'm successful then I try to use it to work towards the next day. If I don't do so well then I try really hard not to beat myself up for it and work towards a better day tomorrow. I know it's a choice I made and I have to live with it for life and I'm glad I made it. It's just somedays are easier then others.

I agree. Every day is a new day. Living with my pouch is different everyday. Some things go ok and the next time I try to eat them not so much....

You just have to find food that you can eat that you also like. I love cheese and hummus so I eat that often. It kills me when my parents eat fast food in front of me almost daily, but I also see how big they are and associate the two. The cravings will get easier the longer you "detox" from the food that made you big. A few days ago my dad made italian sausage and it smelt AMAZING, so I took a gerbil sized bite (I am not kidding about the bite size) and I was able to get the taste without getting sick, and I got over all my cravings.

Let me just echo what others have said - it gets better and easier and it does so quickly. Really! The first two or three weeks suck for everyone. It's the whole getting reintroduced to food again thing. Personally, on the occassions that I was having a hard time with folks eating, I just left the room and came back when they were done. I wasn't angry and they weren't hurt. Sometimes the most obvious solutions are the best. I knew they needed to eat and they knew it was difficult for me at the time.

A little scared? That's a good thing. Dumping is not pleasant but it's not a tragedy or the end of the world. It's also not an absolute. Some folks never have dumping syndrome at all. Exception to the surgery? Very, very unlikely. Statistically speaking, you're probably more likely to have a hot air balloon fall on you while you're shopping at the grocery store. LOL!

Stay focused on following the protocol. Stay active. And try to relax a little. You're gonna love the new you!!

Let me just echo what others have said - it gets better and easier and it does so quickly. Really! The first two or three weeks suck for everyone. It's the whole getting reintroduced to food again thing. Personally' date=' on the occassions that I was having a hard time with folks eating, I just left the room and came back when they were done. I wasn't angry and they weren't hurt. Sometimes the most obvious solutions are the best. I knew they needed to eat and they knew it was difficult for me at the time.

A little scared? That's a good thing. Dumping is not pleasant but it's not a tragedy or the end of the world. It's also not an absolute. Some folks never have dumping syndrome at all. Exception to the surgery? Very, very unlikely. Statistically speaking, you're probably more likely to have a hot air balloon fall on you while you're shopping at the grocery store. LOL!

Stay focused on following the protocol. Stay active. And try to relax a little. You're gonna love the new you!![/quote']

Good way of putting it.

In response to.. The.new.cassie...

Hi I'm Dawn, new to the forum..I'm somewhere in the middle of the process, hoping for surgery in September this year. Maybe I don't know what you are experiencing after your surgery, but I do know what you've left. Remember how awful you felt after eating too much, how sick & miserable it felt to be overweight.. No food is worth eating to loose that. You have that second chance to re-build your life the way you want it. You have the chance right now, today to accomplish what you (and thousands of other women) have wanted for a long time. You also have the power now to get up & walk out of a room if someone is stuffing junk food in their mouth in front of you! Get out of the house, go for a walk, ride a bike.. If you make the adjustment to help yourself, and don't budge from that, others will be inspired and follow you're good example.. Don't follow theirs (it didnt work before). You are beyond that! Make your own trail now! Set some simple goals for yourself, hang them in the kitchen & show your family you've "got this!"

I hope this finds you encouraged, well & recovering nicely!

Best Wishes!

Dawn

Very well put Dawn! Welcome to the forum!!

In response to.. The.new.cassie...

Hi I'm Dawn, new to the forum..I'm somewhere in the middle of the process, hoping for surgery in September this year. Maybe I don't know what you are experiencing after your surgery, but I do know what you've left. Remember how awful you felt after eating too much, how sick & miserable it felt to be overweight.. No food is worth eating to loose that. You have that second chance to re-build your life the way you want it. You have the chance right now, today to accomplish what you (and thousands of other women) have wanted for a long time. You also have the power now to get up & walk out of a room if someone is stuffing junk food in their mouth in front of you! Get out of the house, go for a walk, ride a bike.. If you make the adjustment to help yourself, and don't budge from that, others will be inspired and follow you're good example.. Don't follow theirs (it didnt work before). You are beyond that! Make your own trail now! Set some simple goals for yourself, hang them in the kitchen & show your family you've "got this!"

I hope this finds you encouraged, well & recovering nicely!

Best Wishes!

Dawn

I really need to hear that. I had 5 bites of grilled chicken today and so badly wanted to have what my husband was having. I have kept control. I need to find ways to dodge the head hunger. Ugh! Everyday is a challenge. Im going to the gym tonight, I want to lose this weight. I want to wear heels again! So thank you dawn "I got this"! :)

MY GOD THIS IS SO HARD!

Two weeks out and Im having such a hard time coping. My husband swears he understands and is supporting me but really he doesn't get this at all. Especially when he is stuffing his face with all sorts of trouble in front of me. I'm still on my MUSH DIET. And, I hate it! I had my daughters 2nd birthday party cookout yesterday and there was all sorts of food that I got to cook and ate NONE OF IT. Wait... I'm lying I snuck two shrimps and had to literally throw the rest away because I was having a serious self control issue. Thursday I'm being put on stage 4 where I can eat ground meat. That will be glorious! But, Im so scared of breaking! I have not had any serious moments where I ate junk. Just the shrimp and a small bite of potato salad which I spit out because IM TERRIFIED OF DUMPING!

Everyone has told me I lost weight, but I still feel as big as ever.

I went through this also. It is very normal and you are not alone. You are proabably just soooo over the foods you have been eating which is where I was at. I called my bariatric nurse and asked her if I could try some other foods and she gave me some suggestions which helped. I think once you have more options and maybe get to eat something you actually enjoy you will have more self control. Try calling your surgeon or your nutritionist and ask them if you can try a few new foods. My nurse just told me the stages are just a guideline to go by but everyone is different and some peoples pouches can handle more than others and to try somthing but chew chew chew and see how your stomach reacts. Hope this helps. Def listen to your surgeon though. They are all different. Good luck girl.