Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shake Recipes

I've been reading about so many folks having issues with getting their Protein in each day. One of the main resources for protein are Protein Shakes especially in the beginning stages so I thought...why not share recipes with each other strictly for shakes! We all start getting tired of the same ole' same ole shakes so why not share how you make your shake extra special or tolerable :) So lets keep this thread strictly for shake recipes so we can make it an easy resource for everyone. Remember to put in the measurements and name brands of protein powder/liquid you used and where you bought them if we can't get them at the local store.

Here are a few of mine:

Almond Joy shake:

1 scoop Pure Protein chocolate

8 oz cold Water

ice cubes to make it extra cold

10 drops capella coconut flavoring (Capella website)

6 drops capella toasted almond flavoring

Put it all in a Blender Bottle and shake, shake, shake. Let sit and thicken up for 2 minutes and enjoy.

Peanut Butter Cup Shake:

1 scoop Pure Protein Chocolate

8 oz cold water

1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons PB2 (Amazon - it's peanutbutter with the fat/liquids taken out)

Put it all in a blender bottle and shake it up! Let it sit for 2 minutes and enjoy.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Shake:

1 scoop Pure Protein vanilla

8 oz cold water

1 tablespoon PB2

8 drops capella strawberry flavoring.

PUt it all in a blender bottle and shake.

Green Monster Shake:

1 scoop Pure Protein Vanilla

8 oz skim milk

1 tablespoon sugar free instant pistachio pudding

1 drop green food coloring

Put in a blender bottle and shake away.

Hints to help flavor your shakes: Sugar Free instant pudding mixes, Capella Drops, Sugar Free Torani syrups, cinnamon, nutmeg, extracts (mint is great in vanilla or chocolate), Sugar Free maple Syrup.< /p>

If you have fruit flavored based shake mixes like Syntrax Twisted cherry - mix in a little no sugar added, or sugar substitute Koolaid or crystal light.

Enjoy! As I experiment more...I'll add more recipes :)

Also if any one has a free sample they can ship my way. I have some from baracteric advantage. I'm so feed up on looking for something that might work im down to 150 calories a day. :( Any help???

Kiwi, my surgeon requies 100g of Protein a day so I've spent a lot of time looking for high Protein foods. I don't know how far you're out but you might find some things you want to try on a list of high protein foods that I made for everyone. If you click on the link below and scroll almost to the bottom of page 7, you'll find a link to the list which Dallas posted on the net. Hope you find something you like!!

http://www.rnytalk.com/topic/785-eating-right/page__st__120

Really a great idea LosingIt! So many people struggle with finding a Protein Shake they like. Looking forward to trying all the recipes!

Thanks Losing! The Almond Joy shake sounds fantastic! I'll need to check out the capella flavorings. I have invested so much money into buying different kinds of Protein powders. I really enjoyed my shakes before my surgery, but since surgery, I am having a very hard time drinking them. I even bought a container of the Decaf Click expresso, thinking this had to be so good with a mocha flavor, it ended up being one more container that sits on my counter that I don't like at all. I'm hoping my tastes change and I'll start liking them again.

Hey Sherry - tried the PB2 with Premium chocolate in my Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate shake - wow! That PB2 really is good stuff!!

Glad you liked it. I'm typing from my kindle and I have to say I prefer my computer. So I do apologize for short answers tonight.

The Capella drops are great and if you don't like the flavor of your shakes they do help. LOVE the almond joy one. Hopefully still will after surgery.

Thanks Losing! The Almond Joy shake sounds fantastic! I'll need to check out the capella flavorings. I have invested so much money into buying different kinds of Protein powders. I really enjoyed my shakes before my surgery' date=' but since surgery, I am having a very hard time drinking them. I even bought a container of the Decaf Click expresso, thinking this had to be so good with a mocha flavor, it ended up being one more container that sits on my counter that I don't like at all. I'm hoping my tastes change and I'll start liking them again.[/quote']

I'm having the same issue. I loved Protein Shakes preop but they don't taste good to me anymore. I've spent so much money this year trying to get approved. The dietician said my taste should com back. I hope he's right.

Wow I missed this the first time around. Glad it got bumped! These look great! I've been so resistant to get Capella drops but I guess I'm gonna break down and get them. Seems like everyone loves them!

Any flavor recommendations for the drops?