Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone....so i am super excited got a call from dr Scotts office my preop date is June 12' date=' surgery scheduled for July 10. I am ready[/quote']

What is your doctors first name?

I totally understand about Kelly. She needs to focus on her health and protect herself as she goes through that process. I just hope and pray it all works and she regains her health at the end of that process. Cancer is a scary thing. I wish my sister could have chemo so she could get better and not be looking at dying in the near future' date=' but if she could and got it I would protect her from everything the same way you are doing for Kelly, no need to apologize.

I feel the same way about the surgery, it is my last chance to fight and get healthy. I know I can do the right things for a few months on my own but it never lasts. With this tool I hope it helps me to maintain my goals to eat healthy and be active. I am just tired of being tired and so desperately afraid of getting cancer like my sister, which is one reason I am having this surgery. Doctor told me that this will help lower my risk for the cancer: with this sister that's dying, another sister, aunt and a grandmother all having one form of cancer or the other I am seriously concerned. I want to live to see my family grow and be there with Nick for as long as possible. I want a life worth living!

How is it going for you?[/quote']

Better each day. Going in for my first post op in about 2 hrs. How are you doing? Getting anxious? Everything is going to go fine. Let me know what time you are to arrive at the hospital, and your surgery time. Maybe we can see ya before, but maybe you would like that time alone with your hubby.

Better each day. Going in for my first post op in about 2 hrs. How are you doing? Getting anxious? Everything is going to go fine. Let me know what time you are to arrive at the hospital, and your surgery time. Maybe we can see ya before, but maybe you would like that time alone with your hubby.

I am glad to hear you are doing fine. Let me know how that post-op appt goes. I am surprisingly not too anxious, but I notice that the closer it gets to bedtime the more nervous I am getting. But I am not scared, just want this part over so I can move forward. I am being positive that it will all work out well with no complications.

I am going to Fresno Heart and Surgical at 530 am and the surgery will be at 730 am. I would be more than happy to see you before the surgery, but that might be too early. No one in their right mind wants to get up that early unless they have to. I am sure Nick would love to see you guys to, so if you want to brave the early dawn hours that would be great.

I have a lot to do before I go to bed, not that I will sleep. I never sleep the night before an event, whether good or bad, so I am sure I will not sleep tonight. So far the liquid diet has not bothered me at all, but I can see if I had to do this pre-op longer than a day or so I would be miserable. LOL

I postedthe results of my post-op. that is a very early surgery time. That might be a bit early for us, so we'll lift you up in prayers and good thought as you do your thing tomorrow morning. I wish you the very best of luck, and we will wait patiently for your post- surgery updates. Take it slow, no hurry, this is your time. And remember, ice chips are your friend.

Yes I get it! It's too early for me too haha- keep the prayers coming and positive thoughts. I'll post here as soon as I can. We can text you or Kelly as well when I'm out and alls good

Odiemom you are going to love Fresno Heart Surgical they are AWESOME the hospital is really nice free WIFI movies. my surgery was scheduled for 930 but I think I went in at 10:15 good luck tomorrow I will be praying for u

Josee thank you do very much!!! You're so sweet - I'm so ready but getting a bit anxious now

Good luck. You ate on our minds as you go into surgery. We'll be here when you emerge from the veil of anesthetic bliss. Remember, this is your time. Don't rush to satisfy anyones needs but your own. Take it slow and easy, and we'll talk soon. God Bless...

I have my preop set for monday morning. Surgery is all set for July 2nd. Pretty nervous to the worry of am i ready. Huge change but i need to do it. Im365 pounds diabets high blood pressure high cholesterol and want to be healthy. Does any one know realistically when i can start lifting weights after surgery to maintain all my muscle. I am so nervous but if i wasnt i would be concerned.

Hey Odiemom. I heard you were having some issues. Boy, I tell you, this first week back to work, plus the diet change, has been no walk in the park. I've had to back up a bit to liquids to let my system heal from several vomiting sessions. I'm talking things very slow, but have stocked my shelves with many choices for trial and error. I've reduced portion sizes to an ounce or so, and put much more effort into bite sizes and chewing, and really taking lots of time to eat. I'm never full, but I'm learning to know when I'm done, no matter how little I have consumed.

I am thinking of your health and progress daily, we both are. Hang in there. It's a big thing we have gone and done. We are not in a race, this is a marathon, and it is an individual journey. But we support each other, and that is important.

Note: Tuesday night at ALSA is a Bariatric Support meeting, and they are showing a complete surgery. Kelly & I intend on going. Hope you and Nick could go as well.

So, tell me, how are things?

Ray- I was in a week stall but I am moving again so that's nice. Down to 229 from 231 on 22 June. Yes I can't seem to drink plain Water unless it's ice cold! Ice chips are my friend but we don't have an ice maker. At work i cant get ice cold Water and im gone for 11 hrs- so staying hydrsted is going to be an issue!

I think we might buy a shaved ice maker and use ice cubes. Might even look for sugar free sryups. But I hate and I mean I hate with a passion artificial sweeteners. Not sure what to do about that right now!

Starting total normal diet this week so trying to plan for that but so afraid to hit another stall - which happened after I started soft food on 6/22.

but I do want to eat something normal ish for the fourth, maybe grilled shrimp.

How are things going for you? You see the dr yet? Keep us posted!! Our thoughts are with you as you try to figure this out!