Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Beach Diet Bandsters???

I've been doing South Beach and enjoying it. Since I live alone, and hate to cook for myself, I have been eating at the hospital. They have healthy food, and I can just buy meat and veggies without ordering more than I can eat. It's worked out great! I have lost the 3 lbs I gained during my trip to Arizona, and I hope to be on the way to losing more. It's exactly 2 months since I got banded and I am still at 20 lbs lost total. I need to make sure to exercise.

South Beach is by far the easiest and falls right in line with our bandster rules. I love it!!!! I know it has helped me lose the weight I have lost!

I started on an exercise challenge yesterday and it helped. We have to check in to let them know we did it. Accountability is everything to me.

Even having just a couple of you for South Beach support helps me immensely. More than you know. I stay on plan when I touch base with you guys.

Thanks for being there for me and I will be there for you!:clap2:

I am following the beach so so. I have a sweet tooth that gets in the way sometimes. Overall I stick to it most of the time and it's pretty easy.

I have been getting a sweet tooth too. The thing that has helped me the most is having sugar free fudgsicles. It really hits the spot. I also need to make the ricotta cheese cake. That really hits the spot and keeps me full.

Audree,

How are you? How do you feel after your first fill? Any pain? What was the experience like?

Angie

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I have more restriction one week out. Some get restriction after 2 weeks. I have no pain and the fill was a breeze. Dr. Romero who did my fill had me laughing. It was great.

Dr. Ortiz has done 4000 lapbands and assisted with 3000 before that. He is one of the most experienced lapband doctors and I had an awesome experience.

On this South Beach thing...It's interesting. Some bandsters tell me that they see the band as a way to never mess with diets again...It's about sensible eating and lots of Portion Control. Others tell me they follow particular diets and even take diet supplements or diet pills. Anybody have any thoughts about that?

On this South Beach thing...It's interesting. Some bandsters tell me that they see the band as a way to never mess with diets again...It's about sensible eating and lots of Portion Control. Others tell me they follow particular diets and even take diet supplements or diet pills. Anybody have any thoughts about that?

I think it is just what ever works for you. We are all so different. I myslef like that the South Beach takes away my cravings for the most part and helps me feel full. I like having some sort of plan to follow. I also do give in to cravings sometimes and don't gain back. It is also the most convenient thing for me to do.

I have been getting a sweet tooth too. The thing that has helped me the most is having sugar free fudgsicles. It really hits the spot. I also need to make the ricotta cheese cake. That really hits the spot and keeps me full.

Audree, have you posted the ricotta cheese cake recipe? I would like to have it. Thanks!:)

BetsyJane - I really want/wanted the band to end the diet struggle for me and for over one year i tried to eat sensibly and much much much smaller portions - unfortunately it hasn't worked for me in the weight loss department. It has stabilized my weight which has never happened for me - i still put effort into keeping it stable but not tons cuz the band helps. I still have to make good choices etc but I don't binge or overeat anymore. I also got a rx for raductil from my docs nutritionist at my last unfill and i am going to religiously take them for the next two weeks - they really cut my appetite almost to nothing and i need it as I'm contemplating another small fill. I'm actually going to up my exercise as I'm focusing too much on the food side and the exercise needs to change/be more consistent - food/diet alone just doesn't do it for me.

I have just reached the soft foods stage. My doctor insists on the South Beach Diet when his patients are able to eat real food. I have already started watching what I eat. I do have a little composition book that I keep track of what I eat. Then I keep a spread sheet on my pc that I keep track of the calories, carbs, fat and Protein that I consume. This way I can keep track of my overall and if I notice a trend I can correct it by going over exactly what I ate and making corrections. I originally started keeping track to make sure that I am getting enough protein. Honestly I believe everyone should keep a running journal of what they consume. It would help a lot of people that are not loosing weight or are loosing weight too slow for their taste. You guys are doing great!!!

I will log my exercise:

2/27: 45 min walk

2/28: 45 min walk

3/1: 2 mile walk – 45 min

3/2: 2.5 miles walk – 50 min

ok, i know you guys have been on the beach for a few weeks now, but i just found this thread and I really want to join in. I have almost everything already to do so, lots of boneless skinless chicken breasts, turkey, lean lunchmeats, green veggies, so i can start today. so far today i've had a few bites of imitation crab with lemon, is that a no no?? if so, then i'll start tomorrow.

My weight loss has slowed down a lot, so i'm a little depressed about it. only 23 lbs since surgery on December 18th!! i was hoping for about 50 lbs! i have 2 fills, my second once will be 2 weeks out tomorrow and today i tried to eat that crab for Breakfast and it got way stuck, so hopefully the restriction has kick in. I'm praying!! i have the 10cc band and get fills undr fluoro, but the dr. said that i can't have anymore for 10 months! only 2 a year he says. i think that's crap. he said he made it nice and tight, so i hope so.

well, i hope i can join your beach group, i am in a wedding in 6 weeks and would love to drop 30 lbs thats 5lbs a week. i hope i can do it!1

ok, i know you guys have been on the beach for a few weeks now, but i just found this thread and I really want to join in. I have almost everything already to do so, lots of boneless skinless chicken breasts, turkey, lean lunchmeats, green veggies, so i can start today. so far today i've had a few bites of imitation crab with lemon, is that a no no?? if so, then i'll start tomorrow.

My weight loss has slowed down a lot, so i'm a little depressed about it. only 23 lbs since surgery on December 18th!! i was hoping for about 50 lbs! i have 2 fills, my second once will be 2 weeks out tomorrow and today i tried to eat that crab for breakfast and it got way stuck, so hopefully the restriction has kick in. I'm praying!! i have the 10cc band and get fills undr fluoro, but the dr. said that i can't have anymore for 10 months! only 2 a year he says. i think that's crap. he said he made it nice and tight, so i hope so.

well, i hope i can join your beach group, i am in a wedding in 6 weeks and would love to drop 30 lbs thats 5lbs a week. i hope i can do it!1

I know exactly how you feel. We were banded almost the same time. I was banded 12-29 and I have lost 20 . All but 2 of those were lost while I was on the liquid stage. I have to be careful today. I am in that mood of

"oh well I am not losing, so I might as well eat ( something I am not supposed to have) I have to remember that a lot of people have said that we get stuck at the same weight for awhile and all of a sudden the scale will jump down again. I hope it's soon. It's very frustrating.

Audree, have you posted the ricotta cheese cake recipe? I would like to have it. Thanks!:myscared:

I have them on the beginning of this thread. they are sooo good. Just make sure to get the smoothest ricotta and put it in the food processor to make smooth.

I have just reached the soft foods stage. My doctor insists on the South Beach Diet when his patients are able to eat real food. I have already started watching what I eat. I do have a little composition book that I keep track of what I eat. Then I keep a spread sheet on my pc that I keep track of the calories, carbs, fat and Protein that I consume. This way I can keep track of my overall and if I notice a trend I can correct it by going over exactly what I ate and making corrections. I originally started keeping track to make sure that I am getting enough protein. Honestly I believe everyone should keep a running journal of what they consume. It would help a lot of people that are not loosing weight or are loosing weight too slow for their taste. You guys are doing great!!!

I will log my exercise:

2/27: 45 min walk

2/28: 45 min walk

3/1: 2 mile walk – 45 min

3/2: 2.5 miles walk – 50 min

You are so lucky that your doctor gives these instructions. I have lost very well and I know it has to do with doing the South Beach diet. I love it!!!

I would love to get a little group going to support each other daily, post our food and exercise. :clap2:

My weight loss has slowed down a lot, so i'm a little depressed about it. only 23 lbs since surgery on December 18th!! i was hoping for about 50 lbs! i have 2 fills, my second once will be 2 weeks out tomorrow and today i tried to eat that crab for breakfast and it got way stuck, so hopefully the restriction has kick in. I'm praying!! i have the 10cc band and get fills undr fluoro, but the dr. said that i can't have anymore for 10 months! only 2 a year he says. i think that's crap. he said he made it nice and tight, so i hope so.

Hi!! You are from the December thread! I was supposed to be banded in December and started up with you guys! But I ended up being banded in January. I am doing really well on the Beach especially for a Lower BMI or so I am told.

It helps with my cravings too! If I do get a sweet tooth, I eat sugar free Fudgesicles. Hits the spot!

I just also got my first fill and restriction is finally kicking in 1 1/2 weeks later. I think 2 pounds a week even on South Beach is more doable, but you probably will lose more in the first 2 weeks.

Glad to have you!

I also find daily support helps or else I fall off the Beach.

I need you guys!

SAMPLE MENUS: :hungry:

Low fat ricotta Desserts (I bake mine; pureed ricotta cheese, a little milk, vanilla/almond/lemon/sugar free pudding or jello) then I put it to cool in the fridge. I also like it for a quick to go breakfast. VERY FILLING!!!

Ricotta Dessert Tips: Use a blender/magic bullet, blend 2 to 1 (1 cup ricotta to 1/2 cup cottage cheese, vanilla, splenda, milk, can add sugar free instant pudding or any flavor, and 1 egg; bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes! Put to cool in fridge!

Audree, how much splenda are you using to make these?

I definitely need some new ideas. I can feel myself wanting to blow it because I am not losing and I am tired of eating the same things all the time.

I need help! I guess I need to go and look for a SB cook book!

I think I did it to taste, sometimes I wanted it sweeter and would use like 1/4 a cup or so. It is super satisfying and is like a flan type cheesecake. YUMMY