Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Just Us Guys

Wouldn't hurt to do it yourself. It never crossed my mind pre-op and woke up shaved.Wonder how much shaving is involved if I ever get around to get PS? Could be scary! lol

Hi guys. I was banded 1/31 (rescheduled from 1/25 because they couldn't get the tube down in my esophagus). Recovery has been pretty good. Slept on a recliner the first 4 nights. The Doc shaved me and it really itched! It helped to wear a real loose shirt and apply lotion often. Still itches a little.

I've been on liquids just short of four weeks; lost 25 lbs. I'm going to ride this train as long as I can stand it!

Shaved, what are we wimps? Shaved = Less infection. Call me a wimp, I do not want infection problems to prove that I am a guy. How ever the panties that I was given to wear for sugery about killed me.

Shaved, what are we wimps? Shaved = Less infection. Call me a wimp, I do not want infection problems to prove that I am a guy. How ever the panties that I was given to wear for sugery about killed me.

I think if we were real men we'd just tear off the hair with our own bare hands while lying on the operating table.

I don't even want to go down the "paper panties" trail. I could do with out that mental picture all together!!!! or thought of dealing with them for that matter. On another thread that was a specific topic with the ladies not wanting the male doc there.... to me, whatever, lets just do this and move on the weight loss portion

JBT

What paper panties???? I got no such things when I went, I just got a catheter, that I really DID NOT WANT ! woke up after and suprise suprise suprise:omg: :) :faint:there it was. Wish I had them panties instead!:tired

What paper panties???? I got no such things when I went, I just got a catheter, that I really DID NOT WANT ! woke up after and suprise suprise suprise:omg: :) :faint:there it was. Wish I had them panties instead!:tired

Uuuuuuug. The "C" word. I personally think this C word is worse than the other C word. I was lucky that my doc didnt require the use of a catheter, but I did have to get up to tinkle every 90 minutes for the entire hospital stay. That was a pain in the rear, but at least it let me avoid the pain in the...front! haha.

Let me tell you Jack ! you didn't miss a thing!!!! Nobody told me they were going to do that to me (and others ) during the banding.. and when I got back to my room I asked to have it removed, it seemed that the only English the nurse knew was sorry as she RIPED that thing out :) :think:faint:

Hey Mike, and who ever wants to know,

I just found out how to do the ticker:clap2:...First go to tickerfactory.com and fill out the info the when your done, don't click on HTML box's just right click on the actual ticker that you did and hit copy. Go back here to LBT and go to edit signature page then right click in the message box and click post. This worked for me as you can see......:biggrin1:

Hey Ted,

Thanks for the info, I have mine now. :clap2:

This morning I was thinking about our shaving conversation. Last weekend I went to a relatives house and one of their friends is an RN. When I showed her my incisions, she noted that the hospital shaved me, but not down to the skin. They left about a 1/16" of an inch of hair. She pointed out that the reason they do that is to not cause an infection accidentally. I guess by shaving down to the skin right before the surgery, there is a risk of something from the surgery causing an infection. Fact or fiction- I dont know. But check with the doc before you shave!

It's probably one of those "one in a thousand" things, but why increase the odds against you?

Guess I missed out on the panties and the catheter too, darn! They didn't let me drink (or eat) anything after midnight and my surgery was at 3 PM, so I was a little dehydrated, it would have been a "dry well".

My belly hair is making a come back. Still looks weird...

I hope this is a right place to ask. I am banded 3 months ago, and lost 40 pounds,for about two weeks I am experiencing an increase in libido, and sexual activity, almost every morning, my wife is quite happy about it. I am 44, definetily I see an improvement in our sexual relationship, my wife is much younger than me, this has been a good suprise for me, If anybody have similar opinions, please let us know.

Dorin