Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So wonderfully stated

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

Hi Cathy, YOU are definitely right and I hoping our 40's group will keep us all remembering that. I know I'll probably need a kick in the pants because I'm bound to keep comparing myself to others. Not that I meant to but, after so many diets and programs you pray THIS is the last thing you'll need. So naturally the comparison comes along. I try to keep telling myself that this will be different and whatever will be will be as far as how quickly I lose but, I do know I'm going to do everything in my power to follow the program my bariatric group prepares me to do and to continue to work towards a healthier me :)

Thank you for the reminder and welcome to the boards!

Thanks! Happy to be here in the 40's group! I love being in my 40's. I feel like I finally have my life figured out and what I don't have figured out I don't care so much about anymore.

Thanks! Happy to be here in the 40's group! I love being in my 40's. I feel like I finally have my life figured out and what I don't have figured out I don't care so much about anymore.

Lol! Once again... well said!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

Exactly my thoughts as well. I hear folks all the time wishing they were in their 20's. Not me...40's is cool by me :)

I had my surgery on June 6, 2012. Lost 48 pounds so far. I've gotten stuck a couple of times and even gained a pound one week. But exercising and getting all my Water in usually breaks the plateau and gets things moving. I, too am nervous about not being as successful ad I'd like. But I feel great and am fitting into clothes I haven't worn in years.

I'm 48 and had my surgery July 11. I've lost 35 pounds total with about 18-20 being post op. I'm very scared that this won't work or that it's going to stop working. The best any of us can do is keep trying, eating correctly and exercising and it will come off. Stalls are expected but, eventually the scale will move. We have each other to keep up the encouragement.

I'm 42. Had RNY revision on 6/28. Lost 22 lbs. its slow but it's moving. I'm afraid to fail so I have to keep up my routine. I try to avoid sitting at the dinner table when the family is eating. It's just hard on me. But it's getting easier daily! We will be successful at this!

Just wanted to share that I had my surgery 4 months ago today and. Have list 81 pounds. I strongly suggest Unjury Protein because when I ran out I isn't lose like I had been. But taking walks and moving help too which I had a hard time getting started doing that but now I enjoy it. I am glad I had surgery

Just wanted to share that I had my surgery 4 months ago today and. Have list 81 pounds. I strongly suggest unjury Protein because when I ran out I isn't lose like I had been. But taking walks and moving help too which I had a hard time getting started doing that but now I enjoy it. I am glad I had surgery

I use Unjury too. I love it. I use the unflavored and add to my crystal light. Also the chicken Soup I add to chicken salad I make with Greek yogurt. Yumm!!

That sounds good!! Have you tried any other Protein powders that are cheaper and still work?

No my dr recommended injury so I've used that. I didn't try any flavored other than chicken.

For regular Protein drinks I use RTD 51. It's a premade Protein shake. 51 GRams of Protein. It's good.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the Protein advice. My surgery is set for August 27th so I am reading up on what works/doesn't. I'm 42. I thought I wanted the band but my doctor convinced me that RNY was the way to go for my size and other health conditions. I am glad that is what I decided to go with. I started my 2 week Optifast diet today. So far it's okay but I'll see how I feel in a few days of being on this. I haven't found anything that I like yet. The chocolate premade shake had a metallic taste, I thought. Anyway, glad to be here and to see all the tips, and advice.