Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks Odie...I'm practicing what I've learned so far and NOT eating my emotions with this. It's so frustrating! I work with medical insurance all day, doing medical billing for a major physicians group in Boston so I know how difficult they can be. It will happen though so just need to keep my chin up and make sure I keep eating right to keep my liver in the best shape for it all :) Good luck with your surgery!

Good luck to those having surgery soon. I've lost 53 pounds now and my surgery was April 11. So not quite 8 weeks yet. I had the last couple weeks go slower loss , but now I started using the Unjury Protein Powder in mornings again and boom here I go again. I think the Protein powder is key and also the quality of it. So I just ordered some more. Make sure you have things to eat at home before you go to hospital. The milk and broth and Popsicles etc and also some sweat pants or comfy work out pants and clothes and shoes for walking. I could not wear jeans for a long time with incisions

All good tips northwoodslady and I thank you for those! I have all my Protein Shakes, Vitamins, shaker bottles, etc ready. Just before I'll pick up the other fresh ingredients I need like skim milk, yogurt, etc. I already bought new sweatpants/capris, tshirts etc. New bathrobe and slippers for the hospital and walking the halls after surgery. Then bingo...now have a new date as well. July 11 can't get here soon enough.

That's awesome keep up the good work! Might want to use 2% milk though. That's what my doctor said I needed for awhile. The weakness is harder than the pain in my opinion. You won't feel up to doing much for about a month. So figure that into your routine an schedule. Thats just the way it will be for awhile. You will get tired out quick after doing little things. I thought the pain would be worse and once that was over I would be fine , but was so weak for long time. But pushing yourself a little more each day helps you regain your strength. I feel almost to 100% now and feel more energy with losing some weight. Good luck to you

Latest shot after losing 53

You go girl!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using RNYTalk

I started this whole process when I was 39- hoping to have surgery by the time I was 40. I will be 41 in August- and just had surgery 5/21. Doing ok so far- 20lbs down. I'm nervous about how being 40 will slow stuff down..

I'm 43 and its been slow but steady for me! Lol...I compare myself to the tortoise and the hare! Lol. I haven't had any gains and only one stall. I don't even gain when its time for my monthly cycle which I think is awesome. But everyone is different I read about other 40 somethings that have dropped weight rapidly but my Dr keeps telling me its healthier to drop it gradually over the 12 month period that they have planned for you so that your skin has time to keep up! Lol....I just tell myself not to compare myself to other people on this site and keep my eyes on the prize. 11 weeks out I'm down 50 lbs. Some people would say ONLY 50 lbs but I have way more gratitude than that! I say woowww! I've lost 50 lbs in less than 3 months! I haven't had any complications...just smooth sailing.

Good luck with your journey and try not to compare yourself to others because its a lot less stressful that way! ;).

Plus its not a race.....best wishes to you:)

Thanks i am glad it's slowing down a bit so my skin can keep up!

As far as turning 40, I would nt worry about that it's all individual anyways. The bottom line is we all want to live longer and be healthier. Focus on that :)

During the process of getting a date we had several visits one of which was called an Immersion day. Well during that the therapist spoke to us and one thing she said was ......younger folks their skin usually has the elasticity to bounce back but for us that were in our 40s or older...well...she said "sorry ladies, but you may start to look older as you lose weight, the boob will become deflated and look like empty tube socks and the skin will sag" WE laughed but, at the same time. ewwwww. Looks like more surgery after all the weight is loss. Tummy Tuck and boob lift. :)

Hello my lovely fellow 40-something ladies! I am new here to this site but I had surgery 4 weeks ago today on May 23rd. I have lost 25 pounds so far, 50 total since February. I feel like a new person and just happy to be alive.

One thing I have learned from looking at lots of posts in other forums etc... Is everyone has a very different journey. Where one might lose 30 pounds quickly, someone else loses 10 or so. Our bodies are so complex and I have just resigned myself to the fact that I am going to follow all the rules and the weight will do whatever it is going to do!

I had a 10 day stall, I lost a quick 20 right after surgery in week one then I was stalled and then I lost a quick 5 pounds and here I am. But, I feel so wonderful with a new lease on life, I don't care that much about what the scale says. I refuse to let a number on a scale determine what kind of day I am going to have anymore.

Glad you are all doing well too!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

So wonderfully stated

So wonderfully stated

So wonderfully stated