Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just putting it out there, so 'dirty' little secrets may see the light of day!

My wife (another VSG person about 3 months out) made a lemon pound cake this last week with almond paste. No flour. She claims it is VSG friendly, but it taste like Starbucks lemon pound cake to me. Very tasty. I keep nibbling a crumb or two a few times a day when I walk past it. I tell her to put it away, but there it is on the counter, every single day. 300 something calorie per slice. Not going to eat it. that is my mantra. She is keeping it out for my brother because he likes it (he is not in shape nor cares about healthy eating). Somebody convince her to.just.put.it.away.out.of.sight.:)

My wife (another VSG person about 3 months out) made a lemon pound cake this last week with almond paste. No flour. She claims it is VSG friendly' date=' but it taste like Starbucks lemon pound cake to me. Very tasty. I keep nibbling a crumb or two a few times a day when I walk past it. I tell her to put it away, but there it is on the counter, every single day. 300 something calorie per slice. Not going to eat it. that is my mantra. She is keeping it out for my brother because he likes it (he is not in shape nor cares about healthy eating). Somebody convince her to.just.put.it.away.out.of.sight.:)[/quote']

Or you could, right? :P

Or you could' date=' right? :P[/quote']

Nah, it would go into the garbage and then there would be an even bigger issue to deal with. :)

Could be worse, housemate cooks bacon every morning. I can walk by cake...but the smell of bacon drives me wild...didnt know I was hungry till I smell it...and I work from home!

If you see a weird news story of someone beaten to a pulp by a package of bacon...you know why..

My wife (another VSG person about 3 months out) made a lemon pound cake this last week with almond paste. No flour. She claims it is VSG friendly' date=' but it taste like Starbucks lemon pound cake to me. Very tasty. I keep nibbling a crumb or two a few times a day when I walk past it. I tell her to put it away, but there it is on the counter, every single day. 300 something calorie per slice. Not going to eat it. that is my mantra. She is keeping it out for my brother because he likes it (he is not in shape nor cares about healthy eating). Somebody convince her to.just.put.it.away.out.of.sight.:)[/quote']

Could be worse' date=' housemate cooks bacon every morning. I can walk by cake...but the smell of bacon drives me wild...didnt know I was hungry till I smell it...and I work from home!

If you see a weird news story of someone beaten to a pulp by a package of bacon...you know why..

[/quote']

I will testify on your behalf!

Could be worse' date=' housemate cooks bacon every morning. I can walk by cake...but the smell of bacon drives me wild...didnt know I was hungry till I smell it...and I work from home!

[/quote']

Since you are in the Seattle area, love bacon and enjoy fitness, what better way to enjoy this weekend then at the Seattle Bacon Beatdown as a spectator:

http://washington.thebaconbeatdown.com

Who would have thought cross fit completion and bacon to be joined at the hip like this?? I won't be participating this year, but perhaps next year. Spectators welcome.

They have a bacon eating contest!!

http://washington.thebaconbeatdown.com/contest

Prize is "a massive supply of bacon" Your bf would really appreciate that!!

Come on, you know this would be fun given your shared love of bacon mentioned in your post. :)

Back to topic now...

Housemate is NOT my boyfriend...lets get that part clear!

Havent clicked the links, but bacon beatdown sounds intriguing... as long as I get to whack at something with that package of bacon...haha

Oh my, Fiddle, I'm with you there. Lemon pound cake my absolute favorite! I would def be nibbling All day!!

Housemate is NOT my boyfriend...lets get that part clear!

Havent clicked the links' date=' but bacon beatdown sounds intriguing... as long as I get to whack at something with that package of bacon...haha[/quote']

Yup. - sorry for the invalid assumption. :)

Since you are in the Seattle area, love bacon and enjoy fitness, what better way to enjoy this weekend then at the Seattle Bacon Beatdown as a spectator:

http://washington.thebaconbeatdown.com

Who would have thought cross fit completion and bacon to be joined at the hip like this?? I won't be participating this year, but perhaps next year. Spectators welcome.

They have a bacon eating contest!!

http://washington.th...own.com/contest

Prize is "a massive supply of bacon" Your bf would really appreciate that!!

Come on, you know this would be fun given your shared love of bacon mentioned in your post. :)

Back to topic now...

OMW!!! Can I please go to Seattle for the weekend!!! You can have all the pound cake you want, but please throw me some bacon ;) ;) :P :P

Um, just ate two pieces for Breakfast. :)

Um' date=' just ate two pieces for breakfast. :)[/quote']

Lol the hubby cooked me some the other day!!

I eat bacon and don't feel guilty AT ALL!