Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't seem to eat anything and haven't been able to in several days.

I had an Upper GI today and when I called the office to check on the results and they said if its serious they would call today but if not they would call tomorrow. I didn get a call so I'm guessing its not serious but I still can't eat anything. I'm scared and hungry. I have no energy and I feel like I may pass out at any point.

I need reasurance and maybe ideas on what to do.

How far out from surgery are you? how long have you not been able to eat? Define 'can't seem to eat anything'. Do you throw up if you eat? Are you nauseated? Can you drink fluids?

Sorry. I'm 4 weeks out. I'm nausious but no vomiting. I'm working on fluids but definately don't get enough. I can not tolorate anything with flavor so its just been Water that I'm drinking. My intolorance to flavor also includes Protein drinks. At one point I was able to do the unflavored Protein powder but the last few days I haven't been able to get even that down.

Its been gradual. At first it was just solid food I couldn't get down. Felt like it was getting stuck in my throat or something. So I went back to mushy but that seemed too thick too. I was able to get some Soup broth down yesterday but today the thicker Soup broth I tried wouldn't go down. Now I'm trying to drink some power aid zero mixed with Water but the taste is turning me off.

I ran out of my nausea med and my PPI. I just sent my hubby to the store to pick them up. Hopefully I can get the nausea med in tonight.

When I had my Upper GI today the tech asked if I had the same study done before my surgery and I said no. I asked if she saw something and she looked at me for a moment and said she wouldn't tell me if she did. Something tells me maybe she did see something. Although I'm guessing since the doctor didn't call its not major.

I'm sure I won't actually starve to death but it sure feels like it at the moment.

You definitely need to see what your doctor has to say. From my own experience, I had trouble the first few weeks too. Ice, g2, Apple juice and beef broth were my friends. Oh yea, a sugar free Popsicle ever now and then. I started Isopure after the first week or so and wasn't able to get in the required Protein amount. While you are going through it, I know it feels scary. I had no real desire to eat. Hang in there! I'm sure all will be fine but follow your surgeons guidelines! :)

AAAAWWWWW..................you poor thing........this journey is horrible enough without this as well for you.......how long ago did you run out of your meds????? that could be a big contributing factor (hopefully)

Thank you. I ran out of the meds about 2 days ago. I just didn't feel up to driving over to pick up the new prescription. I did get a dose last night and this morning. Although it doesn't appear to be helping much. I was able to get down 4 swollows of Ensure this morning before the brickwall came up.

I called the doctor's office again and explained that I'm quite miserable and they said the doctor should be in shortly. She had surgery this morning. They'd have her look at the GI results and they'd call me back. Also explained I'm positive I'm dehydrated also. Hopefully they will order some fluids. I'm despirate to feel better. Even if that means getting that nasty little IV line.

Well the Upper GI came back good. I was sent to get 2 liters of IV fluids. I'm still really thirsty and mushy food still doesn't want to go down. I do feel better though.

Just wish I could eat something.

You have to get your liquids. In before anything don't rush the soft foods yet it may be to soon for your pouch but if you dehydrate your in big trouble good luck

I can not believe the difference between Friday and today. I feel 100% better. I've been able to eat some and even got down most of an Ensure this morning. Still have not gotten all 64oz of Water but I did get double what I was getting last week.