Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 week post op NUT appt

I had my first post-op appointment with the nutritionist today. I am down 46 lbs and she was happy with my food diary and activity journal. She told me to start taking my Multivitamins twice a day (one in the am, one pm) and to start taking my B12 daily instead of weekly. She said that they are seeing some sleevers with below normal levels in their bloodwork. She asked me about my Protein chips and bars that I had been eating. I just happened to have my Bariatrics Choice catalog with me and I showed it to her. She was surprised that she hadn't heard of them before. I gave her my catalog and the list of my favorite items!

I had my first post-op appointment with the nutritionist today. I am down 46 lbs and she was happy with my food diary and activity journal. She told me to start taking my multivitamins twice a day (one in the am' date=' one pm) and to start taking my B12 daily instead of weekly. She said that they are seeing some sleevers with below normal levels in their bloodwork. She asked me about my Protein chips and bars that I had been eating. I just happened to have my Bariatrics Choice catalog with me and I showed it to her. She was surprised that she hadn't heard of them before. I gave her my catalog and the list of my favorite items! [/quote']

I'm 6 weeks out and have been stalled for the last 2 weeks. Only lost 23 lbs. Can you tell me what your usual day of meals/protein consists of? How much exercise do you get? I'm feeling sad, need some advice...

I'm 6 weeks out and have been stalled for the last 2 weeks. Only lost 23 lbs. Can you tell me what your usual day of meals/protein consists of? How much exercise do you get? I'm feeling sad, need some advice...

I know it's hard not to be sad, but most everyone stalls at some point along the way. And besides, your body is still healing and adjusting, it is normal and will pass. I stalled for about 3 weeks, didn't lose a pound, BUT I was losing inches. For my meals: I typically drink a Protein Shake with skim milk in the morning on my way to work. I have a mid-morning Protein Bar, lunch usually varies from turkey & cheese roll ups, to leftovers, to possibly dining out. No matter which one it is, you can bet it is Protein packed! I have a late afternoon snack (fruit, protein chips/bar, yogurt) and then most days I will have another protein shake after I get home. I have a 45 minute commute to and from work everyday, so it is usually after 6 pm when I get home. If I do eat instead of drinking my dinner, then it is usually something like turkey & cheese. I will from time to time have eggbeaters with cheese and lean turkey sausage crumbles as my mid-morning snack. It is only about 85 calories with 8gms of protein. My exercise is irregular at best!! I have a desk job, but do try to work in some walking throughout the day by taking the long way around to drop off stuff for others. Otherwise, weather permitting, I go walking around town. I live in a small, rural town. I've not measured the distance I walk, just the time I'm on the move, which is generally 30-50 minutes. I'll do that a few times a week. Other than that, I work out with my Wii Fit for about 30-50 minutes a couple of days a week.

don't worry you will restart your weight loss soon, i am also 6 weeks out and went through 2 weeks with zero loss but my measurements was changing specially the waist.

interesting we both had surgery on the 13th of August :)

I know it's hard not to be sad, but most everyone stalls at some point along the way. And besides, your body is still healing and adjusting, it is normal and will pass. I stalled for about 3 weeks, didn't lose a pound, BUT I was losing inches. For my meals: I typically drink a Protein shake with skim milk in the morning on my way to work. I have a mid-morning Protein bar, lunch usually varies from turkey & cheese roll ups, to leftovers, to possibly dining out. No matter which one it is, you can bet it is protein packed! I have a late afternoon snack (fruit, protein chips/bar, yogurt) and then most days I will have another Protein Shake after I get home. I have a 45 minute commute to and from work everyday, so it is usually after 6 pm when I get home. If I do eat instead of drinking my dinner, then it is usually something like turkey & cheese. I will from time to time have eggbeaters with cheese and lean turkey sausage crumbles as my mid-morning snack. It is only about 85 calories with 8gms of protein. My exercise is irregular at best!! I have a desk job, but do try to work in some walking throughout the day by taking the long way around to drop off stuff for others. Otherwise, weather permitting, I go walking around town. I live in a small, rural town. I've not measured the distance I walk, just the time I'm on the move, which is generally 30-50 minutes. I'll do that a few times a week. Other than that, I work out with my Wii Fit for about 30-50 minutes a couple of days a week.

Thank you for sharing... It probably is a normal stall, but after a while it starts to weigh on you (pun intended). I just bought a Wii too, so Im gonna start exercising and I was released from the doc to do some weights now. Hopefully it will pick up! Thanks again!