Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters in January!

Ok....where has everyone gone?? The postings are REALLY Light these days. Is our thread unfindable?? Or is everyone just so busy out losing weight that they don't have time to post? ;-)

Maybe we should post this thread in the Dec. bandsters thread to remind people? Or are we going to start a December Bandsters in February thread?

I was thinking we should post a Dec. Bandsters in Feb thread...and start a new one each month....but if the postings are going to be this far and few between, maybe we don't need to do that??

It is really quiet here. I had my first fill on the 22nd, now I have no restriction. I am scheduled to go back oln the 6ht. hope to have restriciton after that !

I was thinking we should post a Dec. Bandsters in Feb thread...and start a new one each month....but if the postings are going to be this far and few between, maybe we don't need to do that??

I've not been getting the notifications to say someone has posted. So I look in occassionally. But I've been mostly relying on the notifications to let me know ;)

okiefamily: Sorry to hear your restriction is not great. Sure hope your next restrictions works better for you. I have my first follow up appointment with the Dr/Surgeon today. Of course I have all the nerves everyone else had. Will he do a fill?, Will it hurt etc etc. Wish me luck. I have a ton of questions I want answered also, hope he has time to answer them all.

CHEERS to all I will let you know how my appointment goes :D

Just saying hello. I have been catching up on the posts but don't have anything new and exciting to post. I think my appetite is coming back in full force. I find I can eat more than I could even last week. UGH. I miss that feeling of not being hungry. I would love to eat now, but I telling myself that I am done for the night. I had about 1000 cals today and worked out...but I would love to have some wheat thins and a Laughing Cow cheese. yum...I am putting myself to bed soon so I am not too tempted! UGH!

I had my first fill on the 9th and I still don't feel like it is as tight as it should be. I am exercising 3 days and week and today I made the 2 mile walk in 30 minutes! So I know the exercise part is building even though I still am eating too much. I go back to the dr. for a 2nd fill on Feb. 13th. Hopefully that will slow my eating down.

I am really busy at work with lots of my students working on solos for a contest coming up this weekend. So, I will post again when I get a minute!

Keep up the good work December Bandsters.:D

Kathyb

Hey Folks :)

Well my first follow up appointment was not so great :D

He was poking around, proding and poking (hurt quite a bit) for about 10 minutes and could not find my port with his fingers/hands *Sigh*

So then he gets a needle and says I'll have a poke around with the needle and see if he could find it. LIKE WHAT! He can't find it with his hands and now wants to find it with a needle? I froze. He then said I was too tense. SURPRISE SURPRISE I wonder why? *Gasp* Anyway he kept to his word and started proding and poking now with a needle, but still could not find my port :) So now I'm having to go to the hospital to have it done under an xray & light. He has ordered a 3ml = 3cc fill. From all the posts I've read about peoples fills they usually get .5 or 1cc. Mind you I have a ravaging appetite right now, so a tight fill won't hurt, so long as I can still get something down :) So now 2 more days till my fill at the hospital. I'll keep you posted.

kaydotrn: I'm experiencing first hand that hunger and wanting to eat. I wasn't as strong as you today after my dr's consult. I was so upset I went to KFC and ordered a small tub of potatoe and gravy and a piece of bonless chicken and YES I ate it all (now I feel bad). I hope you slept well and resisted the temptation to sleep walk/eat :)

kathyb: How much fill did you get on your first fill visit?

CHEERS to all Happy Healthy Eating :)

Gerbera - I got 2 cc my first fill. I have good restriction but not too much. If they are doing in under fluro (xray) they will time how fast it goes through and get it right. But my dr did say some people have up to 4 cc. My dr does all his fills under fluro but then we are in a medical center and have access to the xray dept.

Kay - you may be needing a fill sweetie - I know you wanted to put it off as long as possible but if you need it get it. I love my fill. I haven't had the aftersupper Snacks since I got on regular food with this fill.

Last night I ate kfc too - but I ate the mashed potatoes, which are 1/2 cup and then 2 strips of chicken - I was STUFFED - I should've only ate 1 strip but I was hungry hungry when I finally got a chance to eat. Still only ate about 730 calories all day. My supper was only 380 which isn't so bad. http://www.yum.com/nutrition/menu this is the KFC website that will calculate whats on your tray. Kinda cool if you're a chicken lover. And of that 730 calories in I exercised and burned 150 calories off so thats only 580 calories. If I do have a snack after supper its a popcicle. I'm trying not to weigh myself until I call the dr next week. They do a check 2 weeks after the fill, just a phone call to see how its going and if I've lost any weight. It'll just be one week tomorrow.

Let me know if you do a Dec in Feb thread.

Hey everyone! I haven’t been checking in as much due to a nasty cold. :sick I wasn’t sure what to take for it with this band so I chose Dayquil since it has Acetomenaphen (sp?) and not aspirin or ibuprofen. Has anyone else had to deal with a cold/stuffy nose? And what did you take for your symptoms?

<O:p</O:p

Kirsten---I think it’s a great idea to do a new tread every month. I find it easier to keep up with everyone when there’s not so many pages.

Gerbera----I’m sorry your first fill experience was so tramatic. Hopefully from now on they’ll do your fills with the fluro and not prod around. My first fill was 4cc however I have the VG band which can hold 10cc. So I think the fill amount depends on the size of your band. I also have not been getting posts through my email. I depend on that to let me know if there is any activity so I’m not sure what is going on. Hmmm. . .

Steph—thanks for the yum.com website. I could eat chicken every day!

Kathyb---congratulations on your walking achievement! I admire you---I’m still trying to force myself to get on a regular exercise program. I have the equipment---just need to make myself do it! You’re an inspiration!:clap2:

Kaydot---When is your first fill? I’m sure that will help.

Okiefamily---Let us know if your 2<SUP>nd</SUP> fill helps any. I’m still measuring my food after my first fill and I feel like I could eat more but I’m not hungry for a while after I eat. Not sure if I need another fill yet.

Good Morning!!

Oh my that chirpy good morning even scared me lol.

OfferRocker: Sorry to hear you have been down with a nasty cold. I never can take ibuprofen or aspirin for other medical reasons. So when I get a cold I use the old fashion hot Water Steam & Eucalyptus for the stuffy nose part and mild pain medication like panadol for the achy body parts. (The steam works a treat) and is so much more affordable. You can buy a proper vessel now, so it's not like Grandma used (the ole head over the hot Water bowl with a towel) hahaaa. I don't know what brand band I have, but I do know it's a 14cc band. Yesterday he said he added a small amount of saline at the time of surgery. I'll find out what brand band I have in 6 weeks at my next visit. I'll keep you posted on how the xray hospital fill goes. Anything has to be better than prodding blind.

StephC: My band is a 14cc band, thats all I know at this stage.

Hey Thanks for the site. I LOVE chicken, did I say I LOVE chicken (Giggle)

Your a wealth of information Thanks again for the web site :D

Thats great you have the xray section within your surgery (Lucky you)

I just hope I don't have to pay extra for having the fill done at the hospital. At the time of surgery, I paid $1,000 for all my follow up appointments and fills for 2 years. If they charge me, I'm guessing they will bulk bill it to our medicare system and hopefully I wont have to pay anything out of pocket. The hospital will still get their money but from the medicare system. All fingers crossed :D

okiefamily: Hope your happier with your 2nd fill, let us know how it goes :)

CHEERS to all, Happy Healthy Eating :)

Gerbera, sorry to hear about your not-so-fill!! Sounds very painful! :-( although the upside is that when you get the fill done under fluro, you should probably end up w/some good restriction!! (Unlike me!)

KAY....I'm struggling right along with you!!! My hunger is back and it feels like my stomach is too! I cant eat any and everything, so It is by sheer willpower I have not eaten the kitchen sink at this point! UGH....I still have 19 more days til my next fill!!

OK...so tomorrow I will start a December Bandsters in February Thread! Look for it! :)

Kirsten, maybe you could post the link here and in the original December bandsters thread so everyone knows where we are?

I have eaten too much today, I can tell! I need to stop eating chips! I like them too much!

My first fill was 1.2 cc. The dr. said that was enough since I am 3 1/2 hours away from him. Next time, Feb. 13th, he will probably add more since I will be in San Antonio for several days for work that week. I have an appt. on Tuesday morning, and then I will be in town until Sunday. So, he was conservative for the 1st fill and plans to do more the next time.

I also am fighting a cold. I am taking Alka Selzer Plus cold medicine at night and then trying to just do without any medicine during the day. I am sick of the runny nose but I can't stand the sleepy feeling that medicines give me! So I sleep well at night! I am trying to drink tons of Water so it will wash the cold out of my wywtem! I am surrounded by kids at school that are sick so it is not surprising that I have it too!

Back to the gym after work tomorrow! I am going to try to walk at least 2 miles 3 times this week!

Til tomorrow!:)