Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Drink with a Twist....kinda sorta!

Hey all, sooooo my frist consultation with the surgeon is next Friday. So yesterday i thought that i better buy some Protein drinks to try and food like lean cuisines and smart ones to try before i did the whole surgery thing. So yesterday i bought some Atkins Advantage chocolate Delight Protein Drinks, was 7.99 for 4 11 oz cans i believe. They have 160 calories per can, 1g of sugar per can, and 15g of Protein per can. Anyways point is....Today i decided to try one after letting them sit in the fridge and get cold over night. I took it out and poured it in a glass, and i started drinking it. It didnt taste too bad, kinda like strong chocolate milk or cold hot chocolate, though to me it did taste....."powdery" or...."chalky" kind of. So i was standing in the kitchen looking around thinking what can i put in this to make it better. Then it hit me, at the mall i saw that they had chocolate covered banana and chocolate covered strawberry smoothies. So i thought hmmmmm maybe i should try that so i did. I took 1 can of the Atkins Advantage Chocolate Delight Protein Drink and pourd it into my blender. To that i added 1/2 a banana, you can use 1/2 or the whole banana. In addition to that i added about 20 ice cubes. Use 10 - 20 depending how think or thin you want it. I wanted mine a little thicker, shake like thick. Then i just blended it until smooth and poured it in a glass. It tasted amazing, and i mean AMAZING!!!!! Much much better then just the plain ole shake in a can. I havent tried adding strawberries and ice, but im sure it would taste just as amazing. I highly recommend it if you get bored, or simply dont like the taste of chocolate Protein shakes. Warning that it does increase the volume a bit, so you may end up with twice as much then if you were to just drink the shake alone, but it is still very very healthy, and you get in part of your Water with the ice, and fruit with the banana, whats not to love? Soooooooo do me a favor, and give it a try and let me know what you all think. Genius huh? Nooooo not genius im just smart! LOL. :) :) Bye all.

~Hotpink~

Hi Hotpink Bubbles, Yeah that is a great idea but if you want to save some money and get more Protein try making your own shakes from scratch. I buy the 2 lb tub of Body Fortress whey Protein from wal mart for about $12.00 and it has 23 grams of protein per scoop. Try mixing ice, Water, chocolate protein, bananas and a tablespoon of Peanut Butter. It is awsome. I also mix the vanilla protein with strawberries and bananas. You can add whatever fruit you want and all of them taste great and cost just a fraction of the pre mix. It also contains more protein.

Hey all, sooooo my frist consultation with the surgeon is next Friday. So yesterday i thought that i better buy some Protein drinks to try and food like lean cuisines and smart ones to try before i did the whole surgery thing. So yesterday i bought some Atkins Advantage chocolate Delight Protein Drinks, was 7.99 for 4 11 oz cans i believe. They have 160 calories per can, 1g of sugar per can, and 15g of Protein per can. Anyways point is....Today i decided to try one after letting them sit in the fridge and get cold over night. I took it out and poured it in a glass, and i started drinking it. It didnt taste too bad, kinda like strong chocolate milk or cold hot chocolate, though to me it did taste....."powdery" or...."chalky" kind of. So i was standing in the kitchen looking around thinking what can i put in this to make it better. Then it hit me, at the mall i saw that they had chocolate covered banana and chocolate covered strawberry smoothies. So i thought hmmmmm maybe i should try that so i did. I took 1 can of the Atkins Advantage Chocolate Delight Protein Drink and pourd it into my blender. To that i added 1/2 a banana, you can use 1/2 or the whole banana. In addition to that i added about 20 ice cubes. Use 10 - 20 depending how think or thin you want it. I wanted mine a little thicker, shake like thick. Then i just blended it until smooth and poured it in a glass. It tasted amazing, and i mean AMAZING!!!!! Much much better then just the plain ole shake in a can. I havent tried adding strawberries and ice, but im sure it would taste just as amazing. I highly recommend it if you get bored, or simply dont like the taste of chocolate protein shakes. Warning that it does increase the volume a bit, so you may end up with twice as much then if you were to just drink the shake alone, but it is still very very healthy, and you get in part of your Water with the ice, and fruit with the banana, whats not to love? Soooooooo do me a favor, and give it a try and let me know what you all think. Genius huh? Nooooo not genius im just smart! LOL. :) :) Bye all.

~Hotpink~

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

THANK YOU!!!!! YOU have just made my MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :rose: :)

That's all i've been drinking and it's getting kinda YUCKY!!!!! :faint:

Hey Bandida, Im glad i could help. It tastes soooooooo much better then just a plain chalky chocolate Protein drink. I hope to try the strawberries and chocolate soon. Till then bananas and chocolte it is! Have fun! Good luck and Hope your surgery goes well as i see you get it on the 26th!!!!! Let me know what you think of the "shakes" once you try them with strawberries and bananas!!!!! Bye.

~Hotpink~

Hey Bandida, Im glad i could help. It tastes soooooooo much better then just a plain chalky chocolate Protein drink. I hope to try the strawberries and chocolate soon. Till then bananas and chocolte it is! Have fun! Good luck and Hope your surgery goes well as i see you get it on the 26th!!!!! Let me know what you think of the "shakes" once you try them with strawberries and bananas!!!!! Bye.

~Hotpink~

Thanks! I will definitely keep you posted!!! :) :) Good luck to you as well and keep me posted on your success!!

Also there are several companies that make sugar free drink syrups. They come in like 50 flavors. I take chocolate Protein Shakes and add mint, or Kahlua. The vanilla shakes can be mixed with just about any flavor. Try pinacoloda, pineapple and coconut. The syrups are about $5 a bottle and last forever. Over the holidays I bought Chai tea Syrup and mixed it with vanilla shake, it was devine. You can get them at Walmart, any liquor store, and specialty stores carry them, usually in the coffee isle, or in the gourmet section. I buy Da vinci (http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/)

or Torani (http://www.torani.com/ ). Cost Plus World Market carries a huge selection, so does Gloria jeans, caribou coffee and star bucks. Also my local borders sells them in the coffee shop. Hope this helps. ~Mandy

Also there are several companies that make sugar free drink syrups. They come in like 50 flavors. I take chocolate Protein Shakes and add mint, or Kahlua. The vanilla shakes can be mixed with just about any flavor. Try pinacoloda, pineapple and coconut. The syrups are about $5 a bottle and last forever. Over the holidays I bought Chai tea Syrup and mixed it with vanilla shake, it was devine. You can get them at Walmart, any liquor store, and specialty stores carry them, usually in the coffee isle, or in the gourmet section. I buy Da vinci (http://www.davincigourmet.com/products/)

or Torani (http://www.torani.com/ ). Cost Plus World Market carries a huge selection, so does Gloria jeans, caribou coffee and star bucks. Also my local borders sells them in the coffee shop. Hope this helps. ~Mandy

:wave: pierce...Thanks for the info.. I would of never thought of that... :)

Watch the Atkins stuff. A lot of it is WAY higher in fat (becaues on Atkins, the more fat the better) than similar non-Atkins products.

For chocolate, also try these additions, if you can blend:

Peanut Butter

Mint extract

DaVinci sugar free "Kahlua" brand flavoring0

DaVinci sugar free "Toffee" flavoring

Butterfinger brand cocoa mix

For vanilla try these:

Mixed or single berries

Orange juice, splenda

DaVinci sugar free "Hazlenut" flavoring

Nestle low-carb cocoa mix

Low sugar or sugar free spiced cider mix

DaVinci sugar free "Egg Nog" flavoring

Watch the Atkins stuff. A lot of it is WAY higher in fat (becaues on Atkins, the more fat the better) than similar non-Atkins products.

For chocolate, also try these additions, if you can blend:

Peanut Butter

Mint extract

DaVinci sugar free "Kahlua" brand flavoring0

DaVinci sugar free "Toffee" flavoring

Butterfinger brand cocoa mix

For vanilla try these:

Mixed or single berries

Orange juice, splenda

DaVinci sugar free "Hazlenut" flavoring

Nestle low-carb cocoa mix

Low sugar or sugar free spiced cider mix

DaVinci sugar free "Egg Nog" flavoring

Wheetsin~Thanks for the info...I didn't know the high fat thig..I drink the high Protein ones..only 9 grams of fat...:)

only 9 grams of fat...:)
Yeah, that's a lot more than most competitors have. You should have a wide selection under 1g. But hey, if you like them, and they help you get your Protein in, that's what matters.

I guess I'm gonna have to look into others one...Which ones do you recommend/use?