Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Concerned.. Horrible gas/chest pain..

I am on soft foods..since I started the scale had not moved and I experienced a little constipation.. other then thick Protein Shakes I've been doing much better.. I can drink gatorade, I can drink Water and I'm eating a little more.. Wednesday around 5pm I was eating a cheese string, which i have been eating ok, and just felt like a rock was sitting on my stomach.. I assumed i ate too fast.. After a couple of hours i still felt so full so i decided to take a walk and I walked for about 15 mins.. All night I was miserable.. I could feel something was not right.. Thursday I woke up extremely nauseous and I felt as if my throat was full of saliva.. I also had this horrible sweet taste in my mouth.. I went the whole day just drinking a few sips of water and ate a jello.. you could hear my stomach roaring full of gas from the other room.. around 7pm I couldn't do it anymore and I had to throw up.. bile.. lots of bile. Im still extremely nauseous, I have not felt this much gas since the 1st week out of surgery. I almost feel as if I have a balloon in my diaphragm and as it inflates my lungs and my chest are compressed. . I have a rash all over my chest and shoulders.. its not itchy its just lots of little bumps. No fever, fatigue, sleepy, when I take deep breaths I feel as if I had some phlegm at the bottom of mu lungs.. I don't know if any of these symptoms are related but I'm getting concerned.. Its 1:57am and I'm sitting up on this couch trying not to panick or throw up. I called my doc but did not receive a call back. I'm not sure what to do or what could be wrong. I thought it could be a leak, I know I have no fever but last year I had bacterial meningitis with no typical signs at all.. am I just scared? Should I be concerned? Had anyone experienced this?

Is there a 24 hour quick care in your area? Or, do you have one of those hotlines with your insurance where you can talk to a nurse 24/7? It might give you some peace of mind just to have talked to a medical professional. And maybe they even advise you to go to the ER, just in case.

I've heard that a sweet taste in your mouth can be the result of your body being in ketosis, so it could be that. It could just be gas and eating too fast, but better safe than sorry. Particularly if you have decent health insurance and a quick trip to a clinic won't break the bank.

Do you get rashes when you're stressed out? I do. Or, did you eat anything new in the past few days? This could be an allergic reaction to something. Just some ideas. I know it can be scary when you're not sure what's going on with your body. Keep us updated!

Sounds abnormal. You should have that checked out, asap. ER?

Oh my God.. I didn't think of the insurance nurse hotline.. I hardly ever develop any rashes.. this is why I love u guys! U guys always make me feel better and give me great ideas.. I will call insurance right now.. I live in front of a hospital I just don't want to overreact, but at this point I seriously don't think I'm overreacting... will keep u guys updated.. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I hope everything's okay today!

I hope you're doing alright!

So I called nurseline last night and she said I was more than likely coming down with a respiratory infection.. she suggested to go to the hospital or try some things at home.. she told me what meds to take so I could kind of isolate the symptoms... I took medicine for the nausea and sure enough it knocked me out until right now. My husband said I complained too much in my sleep and touched my left shoulder. Woke up not nauseous but my ear is hurting and I can feel my lungs heavier.. I thing the nausea is coming from my throat hurting. . Now I'm just praying its nothing serious.. thank you everyone. I will keep u guys updated.

I had a similar incident about two weeks out. I felt like I had pneumonia or something, plus I had hives and hot flashes, like a fever. I woke up in the middle of the night and, this is gross, coughed up the hugest amount of junk from my lungs. I also was coughing up bile. I think that part was from coughing so hard. The doctor said that I should have been coughing to clear my lungs during the first week of surgery, it was bound to happen. Have you tried deep breathing, trying to cough? I know it's unpleasant, but maybe your lungs are still gunked up from surgery. Breathe in as deep as you can, blow it out for as long as you can. Do this several times, several times a day. sleep with lots of pillows to prop you up so you breathe freely during the night. That night was terrifying but I did feel so much better the next day. I wish you well.

Hi hope.... Trully hope you are doing better!!! I have even adding benefiber ( well, actually the cheaper Walmart brand lol! ) to my foods and even Water.... I'm on soft foods too and can tell I definatally need the Fiber not being able to eat raw veggies etc. yet... cheese especially can keep things feeling like a rock in the belly for me... But I love it and its good Protein so adding the benefiber really helps! You can add it into Water too as its dissolves and no taste... As to the gas... Have u tried GasX strips? Those helped me SO much!

For the feeling in the lungs... Are your legs swollen .. wierd pain or hot or anything like that? I would think its likely NOT this... But better safe then sorry..my sister had blood clots a few years ago at only 24 and so it came to mind .... I am NOT a nurse or anything and totally don't want to freak out... But just thought I would just mention it so you could ask the nurse if you wanted to if things continue!!

They told her it was pneumonia at first and she had pulmonary embolisms really bad... Some of what you said with your lungs reminded me a LITTLE of what she said so I just thought I would mention it so you could at least ask the nurse on line if you are still having problems!!!! Also did they have u you an incentive spirometer in the hospital to get deep breaths in? They toss them so I asked and took mine home... Even a few days after being home I breathed into it to keep my lungs strong!!!

I thought about this too.. my keft thigh has been kind of numb since the surgery, and I have noticed both my legs and hands get this tingling feeling pretty often.. so I thought maybe I'm not walking enough so even here around the house I try to move as much as I can.. My husband has been telling me to go to the hospital.. I know there's something not right.. but I would hate to go and the dr telling me its nothing.. I have my 1 month appt on Tuesday. I'm wondering if I can make it til then.. I just honestly can't even think straight anymore. What worries me the most is the heavy feeling in my lungs. I try to comfort myself and remind myself that I have no cough, no fever, but then I come bk to reality and I know that doesn't mean its ok.

I think you should go to ER immediately! Blood clot? Whatever it could be please don't wait!

I think I agree with snow. I know you don't have a cough, but CAN you cough? Can you cough really deep and try to clear what's in your lungs? You need to try! This can escalate really quickly and I don't think Tuesday is soon enough. Write down all of these symptoms you've mentioned and head over to the ER! I say write them down because in the hustle and bustle of the ER, it's easy for forget to mention a symptom that could tie all the other ones together. This can be the difference between them taking you seriously and not. So go!! Please!