Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

I had surgery the 5th and am still swelling. I was especially swollen after working a full day fri and today. I rested sat and sun and it wasn't so bad those days.

Sophie248 - My stomach itches like crazy, and my port site is real tender now. I have noticed that the swelling is going down more and more each day. Hope you are improving also.

:clap2: :messenger3::clap2: Today was yet another fabu day. it's about 3:08 and the weather has been perfection except now I believe it's going to start raining.

I still feel sore in the a.m. when I'm getting out of bed but I haven't had to take ibuprophen or ANYthing.. which is HUGE for me. I walked across & back the road to our other building this a.m. (takes me about 5 min.) to the wellness center to get my measurements. She's going to do them once a month for me.

After lunch I walked for about 35 minutes. I can't say this enough.. it is so nice for my lower back to not hurt when I'm walking for more than 2 minutes.

I called to book my 1st appointment for my fill and the earliest they can get me in is march 27. One month to the day. I just hope I can behave long enough to maintain the 20 I have lost if not lose more.

I don't think that I have any restriction, HOWEVER, I am getting full quicker. I think that because of the pre-op diet and the 3-4 days of swelling, what happened is that my stomach has shrunk so the portions I am eating now are what I would consider a 'normal' portion to be. I know if I pushed it I could eat more, but I'm trying real hard to 'listen' and stop when I start feeling a little tight and not drink when I eat and wait an hour after. I sure am burping a lot though. Would I be burping this much with no restriction what so ever? I can drink like normal too.

ANYwho...after walking I get real tender around the port area for some reason. It last about 20 minutes then settles down.

hi, i just had my surgery yesterday..i feel pretty great..nogas pains just a bit of pain in the incisions. I went to the movies tonight which was definitely overdoing it. I am drinking liquids just fine...feel no restriction at all..is that good or bad? All i know is that this was much easier than I had anticipated (atleast so far:))

One more day to go. I am so ready , lets get this show on the road already. I have survived the cottage cheese, not so sure I ever want to eat yougart again though BLAHHHHHHH. It is so comforting to read about everyone who have been done this month and are doing great. Thanks for all the posts . Think of me on Thursday, as I join the "Band"

Tracy

I get real tender around the port when I walk too. As a matter of fact I am finding myself covering up my port subconsciouncly. I am sure; or I would like to believe it will get better. I asked my post op appointment and he assured me everything was okay.

Tomarrow I am going to ace bandage it.

Glad you said something.

My fill is in April I think so March 27th is very good.

I don't get that "full" feeling, I just get the "I am not hungry anymore" feeling.

Magnolia

Sounds like you are doing fantastic. Keep drinking! Does not sound like you have too much swelling.

The gas pains in the upper left shoulder ~if they come will be there in a couple days~just don't forget about the heating pad.

The surgery is a cake walk, you are probably going to be a little sore tomarrow or maybe the next day then things will get better.

Glad you went to the movies, that is the way it should always be!

Great job!

Kyethra - 03/14

Charlif761 - 03/14

x-ray chic - 03/14

demsvmejm - 03/14

CuddleNymph - 03/14

gret1964 - 03/14

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I see I've missed about 3 pages of posts. I had to enjoy the 75 degrees we had here in Chicago yesterday. I better get to reading! Check back soon.....

:welcomeB: kssunflower, Janine, and gret1964!!!!!!! Best wishes for a successful surgery!!!

Congratulations to all those newly banded!!!

TAMMY... GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! What time do you go in?

Thanks Tracy! I don't know yet. I am expecting a call from the hospital today to let me know what time I have to be there so I am anxiously waiting by the phone! :)

Praying for you to have a speedy recovery Tammy. Want to thank you again for keeping the March thread updated and also for all of your encouragement.

You folks getting fills before the first 6 weeks give me hope. Now I just have to talk the doctor into it :)

I MUST have swelling. I got into a pair of jeans yesterday - first time not in stretchies since the surgery - and they were just as tight around the waist as always. My stomach is where I ALWAYS lost first. In fact, I have trouble at almost any weight with my butt/thighs being so unproportionally bigger than my waist (why oh why aren't hourglass figures popular any more?? :P ). On my scale - which is iffy - I've lost 6 pounds since surgery and I lost 6 pounds pre-op. These should be fitting better!! (yeah, I know there's probably swelling - I'm just ranting :D )

Good luck Tammy- yes, one week later a drink would still be nice!

Today I am grumpy and hungry...I am sick of liquids. I am making some MORE chicken Soup as we speak. While I remember this..has anyone else sneezed???????????? OMG..did that hurt my port or what..thought i was gonna die..anyone else?? I didn't do anything to my band? Geez, this is like worrying in pregnancy..sheesh.

i'll be back.