Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Del Rio, Laughlin AFB to witness my son receiving his "Silver Wings." It was a very exciting day(s) for our family.

Here I am!

I hate to post when I don't have any "good" news.

I do get stuck every once in awhile~not real bad though~spit a few times and everything is back to normal. I get stuck on ANYTHING fried and all chinese noodles and salmon.

Ahhhhh I see that we have some nubies; that is really good.

I am on a down swing again (hopefully). It seems that it takes me a couple weeks to lose a couple pounds and then WHAMMO, in one day of eating larger portions I gain 5 back.

But I have to say this..... with very little effort I have not seen or maintained this weight in over 6 years! So I am not "unhappy" just want to hit the "easy" button HAHA.

I weigh (depending on the day) around 205 and have been hovering there for weeks. You know.... I think I remember this, I guess being normal.

Pam, you and I are doing the same game! Just kind of hovering there. I get stuck on chicken and any kind of bread. I ate a dinner roll the other night and it about killed me. cheese goes down real easy.

Gail, congrats to your son!! What does he fly? Pilot/ Co or what

Chris

Isn't it interesting on the "different" things we get stuck on.

You know..... I haven't ever gotten stuck on pudding or ice cream. LOL!

I have incredible recipes for Baja Tacos using endive as the shell. Even though I can do corn tortillas and such, I am trying to lose weight and use endive as the shell, kinda like lettuce wraps. They are really very very very very tasty if you like shrimp.

I am getting creative on cooking and trying to spend more time preparing food verses eating it.

Chris: I am glad we are on the same page because at least that lends me to believe we are still both going in the same direction. I have to say to myself I did not get here overnight so I must be patient. But then I wonder if I am being tooooo patient!

Hey Pam! I am hovering too! I saw a post last night from Sue in Russia. She was wondering where you have been. Everyone missed you!

He will be flying the KC-135 Refueler when he finishes his training class for it. He just got his Pilot's license through the Air Force. He trained on the T-1 and T-6. Now he goes to Altus, OK for the training on the refueler.

Hi guys - thought I'd check in.

I was banded on Monday. Surgery was quick and easy. Tuesday, however, was pretty bad - the pain, nausea, dry heaves and fever really knocked me for a loop!

Better today, just pain, but it's tolerable. Was able to get some thinned out mashed potatoes down, and am able to drink with no problems.

NVgirl,

Congrats on your band! It will improve everyday. I had quite a bit of pain after because of a hernia repair but I am doing great now. I just need to get real serious with the Protein again!

Good losing to you!

Gail

Hi Guys -

Just wanted to check in. I was banded on Monday and I gotta tell you, this surgery kicked my ass! I've had several laproscopic surgeries before, always came through just fine, no gas, no pain. Not this time! happy.gif

Tuesday and Wednesday were the worst, with the pain and nausea. Feeling better now, just have a very low energy level. Got out of the house for a few hours today and almost passed out in Eddie Bauer!

Hunger is minimal. I've been living on yogurt, Soup, thinned mashed potatoes and Water. It's so weird to me to not be hungry, or to be full before I'm even done eating! I'll start back on some protien shakes next week.

My best to everyone!

Nv Girl:

That is great that your appetite has decreased. Take advantage of that because when your swelling goes down, it will return.

Some people fly thru the surgery (I was back to work the next day) could have worked by that afternoon but Dr. made me stay overnight both times.

Make sure you get your Protein in; your energy will come back as you increase your protein.

Chris: By the way my port is no longer pertruding; how is yours? Mine is "flat" now. I wonder if that means I am not swollen anymore, the nurse said I was still swollen when I went in for my fill. AND I went for a hike~It was the BOMB 3 mi. nice and easy leisurely out by Peavine on Saturday afternoon.

If I push down I can feel it, but otherwise I never notice it.

I have been walking my son from school 3 times a wwe the last few weeks now. Bout a mile and a half up and back. We just went out today and cleaned out the swimming pool to get it ready for the year. My plan is to swim every night once it gets warm enough.

My weight is still bouncing around. up 2 or 3 one day, back down to where it belongs the next. Just can't get past this plateaue

Chris

Chris

When do you go in for a fill?

I go in next Tuesday.

My plan is that I always am going to get a fill early in the week because IF there are problems I can take a couple days to figure out if I need to go back in verses getting a fill on Thurs or Fri and firgure out I have problems when the office is closed...... Get my drift? Gail you on board too?

my next fill is the 25th. It is the last one tHAT i DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR SO i AM HOPING IT DOES THE TRICK FOR A WHILE. (damn caplocks)

we will see if this one does the trick.

Chris

Mine's the 29th. I haven't lost anything since I left for Texas. Haven't gained, but haven't lost either. I can eat a lot! dang it!