Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery was 9/3 at about 2:30 pm. The first night was kind of rough. I think mostly because I only got pain meds upon request. If I had them on a regular interval, it probably would have stayed at a more tolerable level. Even so, the pain was mostly from the gas. The incisions are tender and my entire abdomen is black and blue and sore, but not super painful. Yesterday I was able to start Clear liquids around noon. Walked and sipped all day. Things were pretty good until I switched from iv morphine to liquid Lortab. I've had tablet Lortab many times and never had it in liquid form - turns out I'm allergic. We've got that all straightened out and I should be heading home this afternoon.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}} Hope you are feeling better and they get your pain better under control!

I was sleeved Sept. 3 in Detroit, MI by Dr. Arthur Carlin (amazing man and an even better surgeon). Had a rough few days at the hospital. Recovery / waking up took longer than normal because I was so nauseous so they had to get that under control before they took me to my room. I remember someone whistling in recovery and groggily snapping at them to be quiet lol, not proud of that but in my defense I was feeling pretty lousy. The first night was fine, hard to get comfortable in the hospital bed, and Wednesday morning was rough. They stopped my IV meds and began giving me tylenol 3 with codeine which I couldn't tolerate and vomited both times I took it. The gas pain on day 2 was AWFUL but everyone here says walking is the best remedy and they sure were right. Getting my fluids in was very difficult but now at 3 days post op I'm home and just finished my first Muscle Milk since the pre-op liquid diet! My incisions look great and I'm having little to no abdominal pain, only when I take an aggressive sip, then my pouch immediately lets me know to take it easy and take smaller drinks. I still have a LONG way to go, but am already seeing the progress my sleeve is making. I'm less nauseous and able to drink more often without feeling yucky! I can't even think about solid food but the puree stage is right around the corner and for that, I'm excited! Good luck everyone, sending healthy vibes to everyone out there!

I was sleeved Sept. 3 in Detroit' date=' MI by Dr. Arthur Carlin (amazing man and an even better surgeon). Had a rough few days at the hospital. Recovery / waking up took longer than normal because I was so nauseous so they had to get that under control before they took me to my room. I remember someone whistling in recovery and groggily snapping at them to be quiet lol, not proud of that but in my defense I was feeling pretty lousy. The first night was fine, hard to get comfortable in the hospital bed, and Wednesday morning was rough. They stopped my IV meds and began giving me tylenol 3 with codeine which I couldn't tolerate and vomited both times I took it. The gas pain on day 2 was AWFUL but everyone here says walking is the best remedy and they sure were right. Getting my fluids in was very difficult but now at 3 days post op I'm home and just finished my first Muscle Milk since the pre-op liquid diet! My incisions look great and I'm having little to no abdominal pain, only when I take an aggressive sip, then my pouch immediately lets me know to take it easy and take smaller drinks. I still have a LONG way to go, but am already seeing the progress my sleeve is making. I'm less nauseous and able to drink more often without feeling yucky! I can't even think about solid food but the puree stage is right around the corner and for that, I'm excited! Good luck everyone, sending healthy vibes to everyone out there![/quote']

Glad you're feeling better! Keep up the good work!

Keep us posted lentzbj ! :)

Feeling better and better every day! Today is day 5 and yesterday I tried oatmeal and cream of Tomato Soup. I'm feeling like my old self again! Not too sore! I'm even sleeping on my stomach with no pain :) @youcanthateyourselfthin you keep us posted too! Sending good vibes your way :)

My surgery is tomorrow in TJ with Dr. Kelly. I'm feeling very anxious about the whole thing but trying to keep my eyes on the prize... A healthier , skinnier me! Wish me luck!

My surgery is tomorrow in TJ with Dr. Kelly. I'm feeling very anxious about the whole thing but trying to keep my eyes on the prize... A healthier ' date=' skinnier me! Wish me luck![/quote']

Best of luck Bailey! In my prayers.

My surgery is tomorrow in TJ with Dr. Kelly. I'm feeling very anxious about the whole thing but trying to keep my eyes on the prize... A healthier ' date=' skinnier me! Wish me luck![/quote']

I was anxious as well. Surgery went great, I'm home now, a little sore but feeling better each day! You will do fine!

My surgery was the 4th. I have no regrets and am actually seeing results! Best of luck to y'all who are about to undergo the procedure. Your making a life-long commitment that only you can control. A friend told me that I am the master of my weight loss. Nobody else can make this exceptional tool work but me, so just remember that and keep moving forward!!

Tomorrow marks 1-week post-op! So far so good, I had a textbook operation without complications, what little pain was easily managed, limited swelling, and hardly any "gas". I have strictly adhered to my post-op clear liquid diet and have my 1-week followup with Dr. Reich tomorrow. I continue to lose weight slowly and under Dr. orders stopped my diabetes medicines in light of normal blood sugars (testing twice daily).

For fellow posters who are post-op, Congratulations, and those pre-op, follow your DR's orders, diets, prepare for post op, and be confident in your decision and goals. God Bless had have a great week.

Tomorrow marks 1-week post-op! So far so good' date=' I had a textbook operation without complications, what little pain was easily managed, limited swelling, and hardly any "gas". I have strictly adhered to my post-op clear liquid diet and have my 1-week followup with Dr. Reich tomorrow. I continue to lose weight slowly and under Dr. orders stopped my diabetes medicines in light of normal blood sugars (testing twice daily).

For fellow posters who are post-op, Congratulations, and those pre-op, follow your DR's orders, diets, prepare for post op, and be confident in your decision and goals. God Bless had have a great week.[/quote']

Congratulations Buddy! I agree... Follow everything the doc says. We didn't go through this just to loose 20 lbs!

I was sleeved the wednesday the 4th. I went back to work today and have been walking every night around the neighborhood since friday! I am drinking good (water and crystal light), Protein is ok, the issue is Protein shakes make me REALLY full after only about 2oz, like restaurant buffet full. i just incorporated some cream Soup, actually really runny pureed chicken n dumplins i made, into my diet today!!

I am so happy i did this!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!