Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on the 9th and I am now at home. My surgery was textbook with no complications. I experienced no nausea at all just a lot of gas pain and cramping. Every time I stand up and walk around I burp a lot. I've been sipping Water as much as possible but have gotten very small amounts of Protein so far, 10g of Isopure maybe yesterday. My abdomen has a lot of bruising and my incisions are very tender. sleeping is difficult because I am a belly sleeper and obviously with this I can only sleep on my back. I've found that I can only get about 3 hours at a time sleeping like this. My goal for tomorrow is to get as much protein as possible and actually eat two meals. I had my surgery at 330 pounds and as of today I am 323. I know most of that is organ resection and water but hey I'll take it. I hope this pain goes away soon. I don't seem to have a very high tolerance for it but I never really have had anything like this done before haha.

I was sleeved on the 9th and I am now at home. My surgery was textbook with no complications. I experienced no nausea at all just a lot of gas pain and cramping. Every time I stand up and walk around I burp a lot. I've been sipping Water as much as possible but have gotten very small amounts of Protein so far' date=' 10g of Isopure maybe yesterday. My abdomen has a lot of bruising and my incisions are very tender. sleeping is difficult because I am a belly sleeper and obviously with this I can only sleep on my back. I've found that I can only get about 3 hours at a time sleeping like this. My goal for tomorrow is to get as much protein as possible and actually eat two meals. I had my surgery at 330 pounds and as of today I am 323. I know most of that is organ resection and water but hey I'll take it. I hope this pain goes away soon. I don't seem to have a very high tolerance for it but I never really have had anything like this done before haha.[/quote']

I think that's fabulous! I am also a belly sleeper and have found that if I use the pillow that I got from the hospital, I can tolerate sleeping on my belly. It also helped with expelling extra gas. I made the mistake of weighing myself at my daughters pediatricians office yesterday, and was disappointed....I only lost ( 15) lbs since last week, but today is another day. Trying to get the protein in is a great plan. Sip sip sip as much as you can.

I think that's fabulous! I am also a belly sleeper and have found that if I use the pillow that I got from the hospital' date=' I can tolerate sleeping on my belly. It also helped with expelling extra gas. I made the mistake of weighing myself at my daughters pediatricians office yesterday, and was disappointed....I only lost ( 15) lbs since last week, but today is another day. Trying to get the Protein in is a great plan. Sip sip sip as much as you can.[/quote']

I'm sorry but you "only lost 15 pounds since last week?" What exactly were you expecting??

Have you been able to eat the "stars" or are you straining it? The Protein Shakes I are too sweet...I cannot seem to tolerate sweet anymore. They make me soooo nauseous!! So ive just been drinking milk and having homemade Soups (the broth). I am going to try the lil tube Protein again and see if I can tolerate that! I sure hope so:)

I have been able to do the stars . No issue. A babel cheese, I just make sure I'm not swallowing big chunks. I just couldn't handle only drinking now that I'm feeling better. Oh my abdomen hurts but I can tell my actual stomach is healing.1

My surgery date was 09/04/13 ...and I feel great, I lost 13lbs so far and I went back to work today!!!! No regrets

Sent from my SGH-M919 using VST

I have been able to do the stars . No issue. A babel cheese' date=' I just make sure I'm not swallowing big chunks. I just couldn't handle only drinking now that I'm feeling better. Oh my abdomen hurts but I can tell my actual stomach is healing.1[/quote']

A babel cheese? Is that the little wheel?? And I will try the stars then...I was told no noodles, rice or potatoes...thanks ma'am and good luck:)

I was sleeved on the 9th and I am now at home. My surgery was textbook with no complications. I experienced no nausea at all just a lot of gas pain and cramping. Every time I stand up and walk around I burp a lot. I've been sipping Water as much as possible but have gotten very small amounts of Protein so far' date=' 10g of Isopure maybe yesterday. My abdomen has a lot of bruising and my incisions are very tender. sleeping is difficult because I am a belly sleeper and obviously with this I can only sleep on my back. I've found that I can only get about 3 hours at a time sleeping like this. My goal for tomorrow is to get as much protein as possible and actually eat two meals. I had my surgery at 330 pounds and as of today I am 323. I know most of that is organ resection and water but hey I'll take it. I hope this pain goes away soon. I don't seem to have a very high tolerance for it but I never really have had anything like this done before haha.[/quote']

I am quite Jealous!!! I was sooo sick it was pathetic! They were alternating phenergan/Zofran in my IV:( ANYWAY, the pain passes..I had mine 9/3 and it's good now, I take Tylenol when I need it. Your nut lets you eat?!? I'm still on full liquid til Saturday (although I cheated and at cottage cheese today)!

I am quite Jealous!!! I was sooo sick it was pathetic! They were alternating phenergan/Zofran in my IV:( ANYWAY, the pain passes..I had mine 9/3 and it's good now, I take Tylenol when I need it. Your nut lets you eat?!? I'm still on full liquid til Saturday (although I cheated and at cottage cheese today)!

Well I said eat but it's just the broth that you are allowed to have. Today the pain has been much better but I'm passing gas like crazy. Thankfully I'm pretty sure the gas pains have passed at this point. Seriously, the more you get around the better you feel. I wouldn't lay down unless I was taking a nap.

A babel cheese? Is that the little wheel?? And I will try the stars then...I was told no noodles' date=' rice or potatoes...thanks ma'am and good luck:)[/quote']

Yes the little red wheels. The light ones of course. I can nibble and dissolve maybe a third of one, then try some again later. Everything depends on what your body lets you do. As far as the stars I still chew a lot and slowly consume the broth. Really I probably got a third of a cup down. Isn't so weird the amount we can eat? In the past I could eat two big bowls of chicken and dumplings .... Lol

Sept 12 is a great day for surgery. ..ITS MY BDAY....YEAH...A MIGHTY GOOD DAY

I'm 8 days out, sleeved on 9/3 and feeling great! I took a mile long walk this morning and only got really tired toward the end. Otherwise I'm progressing well! The surgical glue fell off one of my incisions earlier than expected but everything else seems pretty normal. No pain AT ALL anymore. I'm following the post-op diet, and plan to stay on liquids with hot Cereal and cream based Soup until I see my surgeon on the 18th and ask if I can progress to purees, but I have a concern.

I'm having a hard time determining what "full" feels like. I'm not sure if it's becuase I'm doing liquid still or because my pouch is so new.. I don't know. When I take drinks of most everything, I get a twinge of discomfort when anything hits my stomach, but it only lasts for like 2 seconds, then I can continue "eating" my liquids, but I never feel full or stuffed or anything. Am I eating enough?? I heard a rule of thumb is 1 oz / 10 minutes but I feel like I can drink a 6 oz cup of hot tea in WAY less than an hour.. I don't know! lol I'll be sure to ask my surgeon about this too lol

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Angie!!, I'm not sure. I had read that other people lost more initially.... I realize the problem isn't the 15 lbs. it's comparing my weight loss to other people's. in retrospect, I am doing as well as I am supposed to do and need to not worry about how much other people loose initially.

I'm 8 days out' date=' sleeved on 9/3 and feeling great! I took a mile long walk this morning and only got really tired toward the end. Otherwise I'm progressing well! The surgical glue fell off one of my incisions earlier than expected but everything else seems pretty normal. No pain AT ALL anymore. I'm following the post-op diet, and plan to stay on liquids with hot Cereal and cream based Soup until I see my surgeon on the 18th and ask if I can progress to purees, but I have a concern.

I'm having a hard time determining what "full" feels like. I'm not sure if it's becuase I'm doing liquid still or because my pouch is so new.. I don't know. When I take drinks of most everything, I get a twinge of discomfort when anything hits my stomach, but it only lasts for like 2 seconds, then I can continue "eating" my liquids, but I never feel full or stuffed or anything. Am I eating enough?? I heard a rule of thumb is 1 oz / 10 minutes but I feel like I can drink a 6 oz cup of hot tea in WAY less than an hour.. I don't know! lol I'll be sure to ask my surgeon about this too lol

Glad to hear everyone is doing well![/quote']

I would like to know the same too. I made the mistake last night of having puréed fruit in my Jello, and regretted it all night long. I think that 6 oz is too much......lol

Yes the little red wheels. The light ones of course. I can nibble and dissolve maybe a third of one' date=' then try some again later. Everything depends on what your body lets you do. As far as the stars I still chew a lot and slowly consume the broth. Really I probably got a third of a cup down. Isn't so weird the amount we can eat? In the past I could eat two big bowls of chicken and dumplings .... Lol[/quote']

I know what you mean! I had 2 tbsp of cottage cheese and 1tsp Jello today and couldn't finish it all!!! :)