Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried carb solutions? I had surgery on 1/31 and have not yet wanted to make it or drink it.

I use Now whey Protein Isolate 100% Pure Natural Unfavored

It will dissolve easily in any thing and has no taste I mix mine in my carnation instant Breakfast or chicken broth the carnation instant Breakfast are different flavors so it works well. there is 25 grams of Protein per scoop. The isolate protein is the purist and best form but is more expensive. I ordered 5 lbs on line from http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/whey-protein-isolate-now-5-unflavored/whey-protein-isolate-now.html It is 81 scoops and cost about $41.00 with the shipping it is also avalable in 1lb for less. My dietitian told me to take 1 scoop per day but to spread it out though the day. She said it is something you should take for life.The price isn't bad considering it last about 2 1/2 months.

Terry

Didn't like the carb solutions much. I tried about 5-6 different kinds and my pick was the Six Star. Also, I have some dehydrated strawberries & raspberries. I ground them to powder (have spice mill...love to cook) and about 1T in my mix of vanilla is YUMMY. (yes, finally got to try the vanilla!)

I'd like to try the unflavored whey. I don't like the unflavored soy...it's not really unflavored...ick. But, I might as well get used to things.

;)

Now, I did like the carb solutions - and I like the six-star too. Nice and easily available at Walmart.

I think it's all a matter of taste - only you can decide which ones you like.

I have recently been using a liquid Protein from IDS called "New Whey". The most recent version has 42 grams of Protein in 3 oz of liquid. It's pretty thick - I really don't like the texture - but when you cut it with Water, and a couple of packets of sweetener, it is ok. I throw in a bottle of propel and make myself a protein punch for breakfast.

Low carb, 176 calories, 42 grams of protein.

I had to get the liquid stuff on line. There is an older version with 25 grams of protein that you can find in the Vitamin stores - but most of them don't have the 42 gram one, yet.

Just google New Whey, IDS and some sites will pop up.

:]

I liked Carb Solutions too, but it just depends on what you like....the ready made drinks in a can are about 110 cals and 20 grams of Protein and the powder is about the same if you make it with Water. I also like their bars once you are back on normal food.< /p>

Someone on another message board suggested Hanks Finest Protein Milkshake. I ordered a sample for $3 and I liked it. I just did a search for it and they sent a chocolate and vanilla pack. I am not really a vanilla fan, so I have only tried the chocolate so far.

They give you a discount for any future purchases since you had to pay for the sample.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Hanks is out of business. Apparently from ripping people off! So, he will be coming back out with the stuff under a different name. Everyone beware!

~Joan~

i ordered my powder from Unjury. i figured even if i didn't like it, i needed it and i would live.

imagine my surprise to discover i LOVE IT? i'm not even starting my pre-op diet until saturday but i have a scoop of the vanilla with my coffee in the AM and it actually keeps me FULL until lunch. if i didn't already have my surgery deposit paid for, i might actually have given just the unjury a go!!! :heh:

anyhow, i got vanilla, chicken broth and unflavored. i got a sample of chocolate, but it was eh.

oh, and listen to their directions on the temp thing. over 130 = clumpy badness. :rolleyes

I have tried the Carb Solutions and I didn't like it. It's to grainy for me. I have tried the Body Fortress at Wal-Mart and I mix it with fresh or frozen fruit and ice. Not sure I will be able to do that after surgery, but I will just have to check with my surgeon. I have no idea when I'm gonna get my band, but I'm determined to get it!

~Joan~

have you tried juice Plus? i am not sure what the website is but i am a true believer of this product! (try juice plus.com?) anyway..they have a Protein Powder and its actually good! they also have the fruit and veggie capsules that you can put in those drinks to make sure that you are getting all your Vitamins. Juice Plus has saved my life before being banded! The benefits are endless...check out the research!

I just wanted to let everyone know that Hanks is out of business. Apparently from ripping people off! So, he will be coming back out with the stuff under a different name. Everyone beware!

~Joan~

Thanks too bad. The samples I ordered were really good. :cry :cry

Thanks everyone for the input. I went to bariatriceating.com and ordered some of their samples. I also got some from a couple of other places, but I can't remember what sites I got them from. Since I've found out it's gonna be a year before I can gave surgery, I will have time to check all of them out.

~Joan~