Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitness Plan ideas

That is great news to hear. I can only find this supplement in 2 places: my cross fit box and online direct. I have never seen it in any store. If you find it in a store, do share. The company has a lock on the price and will not resellers sell itforany other price. The bottle I bought is 59.99 for a bottle. It lasts fora while and you will want to refrigerate it once opened. Mint and vanilla are the best flavors and you can take before drinking coffee for best way to avoid Omega 3 oiliness. I also tried chocolate, but do not care for the flavor. Apparently others do not either at my cross fit box according to me asking around.

Couldn't find it anywhere but online, I just got mine in the mail this morning and took some. Hopefully it will make a difference. I did find a diff. Kind that I didn't buy because I am not super informed about Vitamins. However I found a 45 day supply type at Sprout that are kinda like a gel, it comes in mango, orange and lemon and the clerk said she didn't mind the taste I love mango. It's got 1050 mg long chain omega-3 fatty acids. I will have to compare the two and see. Thanks again

Louise - definitely the dopamine is what make exercise an addiction. Addiction can come in all shape and sizes, but one thing is certain. Stimulation of the dopamine receptors ("the reward center") is why most people exercise or workout. That is the case for me. It gives me a warm happy focused buzz energy for the whole day. :) I guess I am a weirdo because I love working out intensely every day. The day is not as good if I miss it.

Me too....thank goodness cause I can eat way too much food. And no sliming, no dumping, nothing bothers my sleeve...except laying on my butt. I just cannot bring myself to take many days off. So I try to mix things up the best I can and take "active rest" days occasionally. I find with mixing things up, getting in good sleep and good nutrition, I don't need to take days off as often. I listen to my body, and usually it says "go do something."

Approaching 4 weeks out, trying to walk 1-2 miles every day. Prior to surgery I walked 3 miles daily and did free weight training 3 days a week.

I walked 2.5 miles this morning and the last mile seemed slow, but my splits aren't that much different than pre-surgery.

It's been a slow recovery and I'm still on Clear liquids + Protein shakes. So looking forward to pureed food starting Friday! And returning to weight training: I feel like all those muscles I spent years building up are atrophying. :-)

I'm just over 4 weeks out and am struggling with my exercise. I did fine walking every day while I was off work - 3 weeks. But since I came back last week I haven't had the energy in the afternoons to walk. I probably just need to get up earlier and do it in the morning. Any tips for what you guys did when energy was still a little low?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm just over 4 weeks out and am struggling with my exercise. I did fine walking every day while I was off work - 3 weeks. But since I came back last week I haven't had the energy in the afternoons to walk. I probably just need to get up earlier and do it in the morning. Any tips for what you guys did when energy was still a little low?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Just be patient. Keep hydrated. The energy will come back soon enough. If you can, walking in the morning is a great way to start the day. You get in your exercise while you're still fresh, and it gives you a boost for the rest of the day.

I have to change mine up every once in a while as far as routine and types of lifts. My muscles adjust and get used to them, so I have to wake them the heck up by showing them something new.....and they usually respond favorably. At the moment......here's my routine.

Mondays

Lower Body lifting with emphasis on hamstrings

-Deadlifts

-Straight leg deadlifts

-Light deep squats that are light enough to NOT hit my quads (I do them on Thurs), but enough weight to when I get deep, my hamstrings/glutes have to work to get my legs back to parellel with the ground.

Tuesdays

Upper Body lifting with emphasis on shoulders,triceps and chest. Also cardio for active recovery.

-Military press

-Shrugs

-Upright rows

-dips

-Skull crushers

-Incline dumbbell presses

-Sprints or stadium stairs. If too sore from previous day, I'll just walk or jog for about a mile or two.

Wednesdays

Core and explosive lifts. These lifts also give me a good cardio session. I go very light weight, but fast/explosive.

-Power clean & jerk OR snatches

-High pulls

-Planks

-Captains chairs

-Sit ups with weights

Thursdays

Lower body with emphasis on quads

-Squats

-Front squats

-Hack squat or leg press

Fridays

Upper body with emphasis on upper back/lats. Also cardio for active recovery.

-Pull ups/weighted pull ups

-Bent over t-bar rows OR dumbbell rows

-Cable rear delt flies

-Seated rows

-Sprints or stadium stairs. If too sore from previous day, I'll just walk or jog for about a mile or two.

Saturdays

-Just stay active with yard work, chores or playing with kids, etc.

-Makeup day for previous week or upcoming week if I had/have to miss a day due to work or appointments (rare)

Sundays

-Rest

I was sleeved 6/6/13 & was 230. I'm now 11 weeks post op & I'm down to 193. 37 lbs lost. I do 30 mins minimum on the treadmill or elliptical. If treadmill I do 1 minute sprints every 4 minutes. If doing the elliptical the resistance & climb go up & down for 4 minute intervals each. Then I do strength training. Abs, arms & legs for about 30 mins. I do this 5 days a week. I'm freaking out seeing people who have gotten to a goal of 100 lbs lost in six months. I don't see myself getting to goal in six months. My suggested BMI is 125 lbs. It took me two weeks to get from 194 to 193! Don't know how they're doing it. If you find out let me know...

Great workout! If you are hungry' date=' I say eat your calories. Good carbs, good fats and lean Protein. Your workouts need the fuel that comes from eating not only on workout days, but also on rest days because of the accumulative effect of calories throughout the week.[/quote']

This is reassuring because I feel like I'm eating too much myself sometimes. I'm averaging under 1,000 calories & never go over 1,200 but you know how our brains work sometimes..."my sleeve's not working!" Blah!

Today I completed a hero WOD at my Crossfit box. It was a WOD to raise money for the fallen 19. It commemorated the hot shot group that died in June in Arizona. It was very moving and awesome. And it kicked my ass.

6 rounds for time:

- 30 air squats,

- 19 power cleans,

- 7 strict pull-ups,

- 400m run (I rowed because I kind of strained my IT band in my left thigh).

It took me 42:14.

Here's a pic of the crew.

post-35488-13813669359377_thumb.jpg

Great topic and a great way to get workout ideas. For me, I am 2 weeks post op today. I have started a walking program to build up my strength. For now, I walk on the tread mill in 10 minute intervals about 3 to 4 times a day. At work, my boss and I measured out the warehouse and 9 laps around the outside lanes of the warehouse equals just over 1 mile. Well, the first time I tried it I thought 9 laps was no big deal..lol I did it, but was worn out the rest of the day. So, The rest of the week I walked 4 laps everyday. This week I am going to add a lap and walk 5 laps. Next week 6 laps and so on. Oct 1st, I plan on starting the Couch 2 5K program. I am also looking for a bike to begin riding. I used to love riding and I am very much interested in getting back into it. I will just be glad to get my strength and stamina back up to normal, but I am not letting it slow me down.

Hi guys I am only 2 weeks post op and only do around an hour an a half walking per day and 5kilo hand weights. You all seem lovely and have given me ideas on what to aim for in my exercise;-) What did you guys start out doing exercise wise after your surgery?

Hi guys I am only 2 weeks post op and only do around an hour an a half walking per day and 5kilo hand weights. You all seem lovely and have given me ideas on what to aim for in my exercise;-) What did you guys start out doing exercise wise after your surgery?

Walking, walking and more walking. I did this consistently for about the first 2 months post op before getting into the elliptical. Typically, each walk was about 45 minutes. Sometimes we were out for 3 walks a day. Added hills and speed after a while. I remember the first walk aft coming home from the hospital. I think it was about 100 feet.

Alright, so I'm finally getting back on here. The Omega I have been taking has helped majorly with the pain I was having around my ribs. Still some but not very often. However the rest of the back issues are still there :-/ not worst or better. I'm just going to keep working on strengthening those fine muscles in my back. I am so thankful for the advice, the rib pain was miserable and now it is nearly gone, thanks guys.

Alright' date=' so I'm finally getting back on here. The Omega I have been taking has helped majorly with the pain I was having around my ribs. Still some but not very often. However the rest of the back issues are still there :-/ not worst or better. I'm just going to keep working on strengthening those fine muscles in my back. I am so thankful for the advice, the rib pain was miserable and now it is nearly gone, thanks guys.[/quote']

That is great to hear you are getting some relief using the super Omega. My dose is 1 tbsp daily. I get back pains every day too. Rolling out the tight areas, especially the shoulder blades and middle upper back really helps. I am on my roller multiple times a day. Highly advise it. That and a got shower. :)

I am 4 mos post-op as of last Thursday. I workout with a trainer for an hour 3x a week, and am doing the C25K on off days. I like the mix of strength & cardio and am starting to see the results (just yesterday I was standing with my hands on my hips while in between sets & thought 'what is this weird bone just below my waist.' Asked my trainer & she said 'that's your pelvic girdle. Is it the first time you've felt it?' Um, YEAH. You mean I can actually feel my bones?!? Holy cow.)

I bought a heart monitor & my trainer & I have incorporated the data into how we structure my workouts, and I use it when doing the C25K on my home treadmill as well. Really helps me to know how I'm performing and track my fitness progress.

And with adding in the Sweet Sweat/McDavid wrap combo recommended by Fiddleman, I'm hoping to sculpt my middle even more!