Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I was sleeved 11 days ago and ive already had some solids... and nothing happened.. I feel just fine...Has anyone else done this?

By solids I mean Soup w rice and chicken.. soft cheeses like mozzarella ive also has some meat! I slipped the blended.

Hey, if you want to risk your post-op recovery, go for it. I'm glad you feel fine...and I hope you don't have the "one time" you don't.

Hi, I'm right with you. I " test the waters" and all seems fine. Keeping on track but so far so good. Cautiously Optimistic! Sleeved 13 days ago.

Nope, my Doc said Clear Liquids for 1 week, and full liquids for 2 weeks. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize the integrity of my sleeve. I sure don't want to test it. I've got the rest of my life to eat... I'll gladly wait another 12 days. I'm just following my Dr.'s instructions. I know there are very many other Dr.'s that aren't as conservative as Dr. Alvarez, but I trust his judgment. A co-worker of mine who had a different surgeon was on soft foods the first week with no problem. As long as you're following your Surgeon's instructions, you should be fine. Don't test it though, the results could be fatal.

Congratulations on a successful surgery. Please keep in mind that you need to let your stomach heal. It's not all about you being able to tolerate certain foods. Our doctors aren't trying to torture us. They have their reasons for not wanting you to progress a diet faster. Just my two cents, but why risk it? Amy hit it on the head, why risk the integrity of your new sleeve? You can get past this hard part. And if you are determined to continue, call your doctor just to be sure. If you are afraid of what he/she will say, then that should answer your question. I count on this forum for a huge part of my journey, the true medical advise, I chose to leave to the professionals.

Good luck.

Great info! Keeping on track with the full liquid diet then Wed can incorporate pureed. I am treating my sleeve like an infant! Looking forward to trying a tiny bit of no sugar applesauce. (After Protein of course!)

I really don't get it. Time and again we see these posts of newly sleeved individuals "trying" foods before they've moved to that certain dietary stage. 11 days is a miniscule part of your life. You've opted to have major surgery to improve your health and lose weight. Let it work...but in doing so, please follow your surgeon's advice.

Your stomach is not ready for solid foods...even if you didn't have a reaction after ingesting solids. Your stomach has experienced a major...and I mean major...trauma. Let it rest and recover. You have the rest of your life to eat solids.

I mean this with the best of intentions. Good luck on your journey.

I am 6 days out, and my doc has me on eggs, tuna, anything soft, doing well. Good luck to you. Made a great mocha Protein Shake today, total with milk it was 39 gr of Protein.< /p>

By solids I mean Soup w rice and chicken.. soft cheeses like mozzarella ive also has some meat! I slipped the blended.

You did this, but you're not trying to encourage others to do the same are you?

Are you chewing properly? My partner's nutritionist said they say purée everything because most people cannot chew everything to an applesauce like consistency. I don't know about that rice though....that sounds like pushing it....it takes approximately 6 weeks for your stomach to heal.

Why go through everything you have gone through at this point just for the one thing that put you in the situation to start with? I am 6 days post op and would love to have a salad, but I know my stomach has gone through a MAJOR surgery and cannot handle it! Listen to your doctor, you went to him to help you and if your going to just do what you want anyway, why even bother... You are setting yourself for failure....

Are you chewing properly? My partner's nutritionist said they say purée everything because most people cannot chew everything to an applesauce like consistency. I don't know about that rice though....that sounds like pushing it....it takes approximately 6 weeks for your stomach to heal.

Hi everyone! I thank you for your responces... alot of you are right. . I need to follow what the Dr tells me and not try to be so brave and do the wrong thing. Ive gone back to my liquids and will continue to follow my diet. I guess im still breaking up with food and being daring suites me none!

A swift kick from the comminuty definitely helps. This is the purpose of this forum.. to ask for guidence.

Why go through everything you have gone through at this point just for the one thing that put you in the situation to start with? I am 6 days post op and would love to have a salad' date=' but I know my stomach has gone through a MAJOR surgery and cannot handle it! Listen to your doctor, you went to him to help you and if your going to just do what you want anyway, why even bother... You are setting yourself for failure....[/quote']

You are absolutely right.. im back on track and will stick to it. Im not taking anymore daring leaps! Good luck on your process!

I really don't get it. Time and again we see these posts of newly sleeved individuals "trying" foods before they've moved to that certain dietary stage. 11 days is a miniscule part of your life. You've opted to have major surgery to improve your health and lose weight. Let it work...but in doing so' date=' please follow your surgeon's advice.

Your stomach is not ready for solid foods...even if you didn't have a reaction after ingesting solids. Your stomach has experienced a major...and I mean major...trauma. Let it rest and recover. You have the rest of your life to eat solids.

I mean this with the best of intentions. Good luck on your journey.[/quote']

Thank you for the advice and for putting it midely.. I appreciate it and have definitly considered everyones opinion.. After all isnt that what the forum is for? Again I appreciate the responce and will follow my diet as im suposed too!