Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Ready for Spring Bootcamp

Bandida have you done a treadmill stress test at your doctors office? You may need to do so, so the doctor can see what your heart is doing while you exercise. You are doing a great job.

:confused: No I haven't... I'm going to have to ask him...I did question him about being so tired and he said it came wiht the first few days of the surgery as my body adjusted...:faint: Thanks for the words of encouragement...I REALLY NEED THEM!! :think

Oh Tann I'm sorry, the hard candy sounds good or yogurt, granola, south beach bars are wonderful. Nature Baley lemon bars are great also. Don't forget my favorite sugar free fudgesicles or and fat free coolwhip mixed with a container of yogurt on a low fat graham cracker. Yummo!!

Don't forget about this wonderful piece Josette sent us. I plan on doing it at home this evening. Thanks again Josette.

This easy 10 minute walking plan does more then get rid of sneaky pounds, it’s an amazing cure-all for common winter woes, including comfort-food cravings, blue moons and lowered immunity.

We teamed up with indoor-walking pioneer Leslie Sansone to design a simple 10-minute, full body routine that you can do in a 10’ x 10’ space in the comfort of your own home. Repeat the sequence three times daily for the speediest slimdown.

Step 1: March in Place (1 minute)

Keep it relaxed at the beginning, aiming for a pace of roughly 120 steps per minute. (continue at this pace for steps 2-4.)

Step 2: Side steps (1 minute)

With your right foot, step to the right, and bring your left foot over to meet your right foot. Then step to the left and bring your right foot over to meet your left foot.

“This lateral move is a great addition to a walking routine because it works the hip and thigh muscles in new directions” says Sansone. “That’s the key to superior toning.”

Step 3: Alternating kicks (1 minute)

Keeping your back straight, kick your left leg straight out, raising it no higher then the hip height. Alternate kicking your right and left leg repeatedly.

“This activates more muscles in the front of the thighs then walking does” Sansone says.

Step 4: Knee lifts (1 minute)

Lift your left knee to just above waist level, pulling your navel in toward your spine. Do the same with your right knee; repeat. These standing crunches sculpt the stomach while toning the leg muscles.

Step 5: Fast march and press (90 seconds)

Repeat step 1, but increase your pace to 130 steps per minute and add this upper-body exercise: Raise and pump your arms above your head for 15 reps, then pump the arms in a downward motion at your sides for 15 reps.

Step 6: Speedy side steps (90 seconds)

Repeat step 2, adding this move: Raise your arms above your head when you step out and clap your hands together over your head when you step in.

Step 7: Quick kick-and-reach (90 seconds)

Repeat step 3, adding this upper-body move: when kicking your left leg, reach forward with your right arm; when kicking your right leg, reach forward with left arm.

Step 8: Twist lifts (90 seconds)

Repeat step 4, adding this move: As you bring your left knee up, touch it with your right hand; as you bring your right knee up, touch it with your left hand.

“besides toning your thighs, this activates the oblique muscles in the waist and sculpts an hourglass” Sansone says.

shoot, now I want something sweet, and I just had a very good chix salad, I'm stuffed. Maybe I'll just suck on on sf hard candy that I have in my purse.

Its probably all Teresitas fault too for mentioning the 3 muskateers bar...That was just wrong...I want some chocolate covered peanuts!!!!

Hey People even if you don't want to share your measurements with the world, please write them down for you. I want to be able to say each and everyone of us lost -3 inches from here and there. "You have to know where you came from to appriciate where you are".

Losingjustme

Teresita

MorningFuneral

OkieFamily

Turner24

Niecyrene

LapbandFan

Josette

Shellybeans

Ariel

Time2live

Mysa

Reeizbooje

Kareyquilts

Avilla

Kathyb

Cassandra

Bandida

Julestwu

Tann

Tulip

MMMmmmm... snacks! I saw in Shape magazine an advertisement for http://www.stacyssnacks.com/

They're baked pita, bagel or soy chips in all different flavors. I'm gonna go get some for when I feel snacky. You can have 11 chips for about 140 calories and 3 grams protien. YUMMO!

Hi fellow bootcampers!!

I think I may be too tight! I tried to live w/it; cause I couldn't take it off fast enough for me; but I can't eat right!!:phanvan I have had today:

sugar free hot chocolate for Breakfast because I have heard people say they are tight in AM and need something hot to loosen up! It is now 12noon here and I can't keep down Tomato Soup and crackers!! I thought maybe I ate too fast...so I waited,.... and nope! I lost it again. Should I get an unfill?? I can't eat ground meat either! I am living on refried Beans and Soup. I am not getting enough nutrients in and I am starting to feel like crap.:confused: I did drink a Protein Shake for Vitamins yesterday for a snack. Should I cave and get an unfill? or should I stop whining and drink my shakes and soup??

Turner24

Can you keep the soup down without the crackers? I can't do crackers, tortillas, or bread. When I throw up my food, I stay on liquids for a while. At least a meal or two.

I hope it gets better for you.

Labandfan: Go to dietpower.com and download a free two trial offer of Diet Power. It's an awesome software program for keeping track of what you eat, how much you exercise (how many calories you burned with exercise) and the nutritional values you are getting from you're food. It also keeps track of your metabolic rate based on your weight loss. It's very easy to learn and if you like foods that aren't in their program it's very easy to add those foods. Down load the free trial. It's worth it and will help you really know how much fat, protien, etc. you're getting. It also give you a grade at the end of the day for your eating. I find it very motivating!

My check in for today:

20 oz orange flavored water

8 oz whey Protein (breakfast)

60 oz water

1.5 oz tuna salad 1 oz cottage cheese(lunch)

20 oz peach flavored tea

chicken breast and green beans(dinner)

didnt work out today!! busy still dealing with the insurance company to get my dh's car fixed from the wreck last week

I'm not gonna workout tonite either or less I do this inhome workout by Josette, I doubt it tho, feel lazy. I'm just sitting here eating frozen vanilla yogert with a piece of lemon pound cake:omg: :hungry: , tomorrow I'll be back on track:heh:

Awww thanks for the PM! I'm still here just haven't been feeling well all week. I feel totally exhausted and I haven't done anything to warrant that.

The banning from the scale has made me a little grumpy too but I know I'll be better for it in the long run.

I haven't done any real exercise for 5 days now except stuff around the house.

My eating is still pretty much on target though looking through my fitday journal and reading some stuff on line I feel like I need to add a few more calories per day to my eating plan. I think I should be around 1200 to 1400 or so and right now I'm between 900 and 1000 which I think is too low maybe? Anyone agree with me on that or does it make no sense to eat more...lol.

Anyhow eating today:

Breakfast

1/2 c scrammbled eggs with a little cheese and ham( for future reference eggs are a no for me first thing in the morning)

lunch

1/2c cottage cheese with 1/2 canned fruit

snack

1 piece of licorice

1 rice cake with light Peanut Butter

Supper

Ground turkey,refried Beans on salad with FF ranch and Salsa

Drank an obnoxious amount of Water today

Husband is going away this weekend and it's supposed to be like -30 here so I think I'll do the speedy little workouts posted....at least a couple times a day.

I love coming on here and seeing the motivation!! Keeps me going!!

Thanks again Avilla for PMing me....I feel so luved...:clap2:

Turner24: You might be too tight. How long has it been since your fill? (I can't remember). If it's less than 2 weeks. I would try to stay on mushies and give it some time. If it's been longer than I would call the doc and tell them what is going on. They may just take out .2 and you would be at the sweet spot. You have to eat. The band should just make it so you eat less easier, not cause you to starve. Also, need to be careful not to get dehydrated. Good luck! Keep us posted!

Bandida: Welcome to bandland! The first few weeks are the toughest. You question your decision, your hungry and in pain and yes you're very tired! Don't push yourself too hard. This is the time to heal and be kind to yourself. If walking 1.6 miles makes you tired, walk 1 mile. You want to get moving, but not overdue. You're a great gal with a big heart and you're going to be successful, but cut yourself some slack here. Your a newbie. Be patient and rest when you need to. Keep us posted. Glad your a bandster!

I'm not gonna workout tonite either or less I do this inhome workout by Josette, I doubt it tho, feel lazy. I'm just sitting here eating frozen vanilla yogert with a piece of lemon pound cake:omg: :hungry: , tomorrow I'll be back on track:heh:

Sometimes you just gotta be lazy and pamper yourself...I just feel like I deserve it...Its been raining all day and even snowed for a couple hours here, but nothing stuck to the ground but sure was pretty...I topped off my dinner with something extra...Since my son was diagnose with diabetes I bought him a couple Snacks like wheat thins and sugar free cookies...I tried a little of both and they were outstanding...Which really isnt a good thing for me cuz now I am going to want them all the time...mmmmm:hungry:

Turner24: You might be too tight. How long has it been since your fill? (I can't remember). If it's less than 2 weeks. I would try to stay on mushies and give it some time. If it's been longer than I would call the doc and tell them what is going on. They may just take out .2 and you would be at the sweet spot. You have to eat. The band should just make it so you eat less easier, not cause you to starve. Also, need to be careful not to get dehydrated. Good luck! Keep us posted!

Bandida: Welcome to bandland! The first few weeks are the toughest. You question your decision, your hungry and in pain and yes you're very tired! Don't push yourself too hard. This is the time to heal and be kind to yourself. If walking 1.6 miles makes you tired, walk 1 mile. You want to get moving, but not overdue. You're a great gal with a big heart and you're going to be successful, but cut yourself some slack here. Your a newbie. Be patient and rest when you need to. Keep us posted. Glad your a bandster!

Hey Karie...Thanks for your kind words and advice. They really hit the spot.. I really needed them...:think This is the main reason why I keep comming back..It's good to feel supported by so many people. You guys are awesome...:clap2: Thanks again..I'll keep you guys posted..KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!! LOVE YA!! Smooches...:kiss2: Olga