Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you Patti K. How are you doing? Yes I took advil it is the only thong that worked in the past when I used to get my period so I knew it would help me today. Definitely did not miss this pain whatsoever though. Feel like a young teenager when I used to have to stay home from school bcuz the pain was too much the first day lol.

Oh I had similar ones. One of the reasons our bodies hold onto the weight and we needed this surgery. My PCP said that 80% of her fenale patients she referred for WLS had period issues similar to mine. And the bariatric surgeon said the surgery and weight loss would fix it. We shall see. I am doing alright. Losing slowly but surely and hoping for no 3 week stall! I am in week 3 now! Well, the beginning of it. I am out of the 400's and that will be forever!

Oh I had similar ones. One of the reasons our bodies hold onto the weight and we needed this surgery. My PCP said that 80% of her fenale patients she referred for WLS had period issues similar to mine. And the bariatric surgeon said the surgery and weight loss would fix it. We shall see. I am doing alright. Losing slowly but surely and hoping for no 3 week stall! I am in week 3 now! Well' date=' the beginning of it. I am out of the 400's and that will be forever![/quote']

That is fantastic news!!!! Congratulations to you as well!!!! I wish you the best on your journey & continued success!!! Best wishes for week 3 & hope yoj do not get the horrible 3rd week stall but no matter what remember that it is your body healing & catching up with the weight you have lost.

I wish I'd seen this post earlier so I could've been following along! I was sleeved July 16th too. :)

I'm still in a lot of pain, though mine feels like it's the muscles. Inside, I feel good. I'm starting to take in a lot more--food and liquids. I'm still on pureed food till Tuesday, but I'm craving solid food and feeling hunger--probably a good thing, since I think it means I'm healing. I'm a little surprised at the hunger/cravings, but, oh well. It's still a lot better than pre-sleeve!

Best of luck to all you July 2013 sleevers!

I wish I'd seen this post earlier so I could've been following along! I was sleeved July 16th too. :)

I'm still in a lot of pain' date=' though mine feels like it's the muscles. Inside, I feel good. I'm starting to take in a lot more--food and liquids. I'm still on pureed food till Tuesday, but I'm craving solid food and feeling hunger--probably a good thing, since I think it means I'm healing. I'm a little surprised at the hunger/cravings, but, oh well. It's still a lot better than pre-sleeve!

Best of luck to all you July 2013 sleevers![/quote']

Welcome to our July 2013 sleevers group. Best of luck. Hope this group is as encouraging and helpful for you as it has been for me.

Hello every one I am 4 weeks post op and I am able to drink a 8oz bottle of Water with no problem and drink my Protein Shakes and eat small amounts of food . However my stomach feel normal like i can eat and drink with out feeling sick. Is there anyone out here who feels weird by this.

Mary' date=' I sent you an invite. I did learn a trick. If you click on invite by email, you then have the option to enter the email or user name.[/quote']

Thanks!

Has anyone experienced extreme muscle pain while recovering? I'm almost 6 weeks post op and am experiencing some serious muscle pains' date=' to the point of not really being able to move around much or sleep. I've been taking my pain meds and know my muscles are healing however it brings me to tears. Note: I accidentally ripped the stitch from my stomach muscle 2 weeks ago by doing a small stretch (saw the dr and was told to just take to easy and rest. Use pain meds when needed).[/quote']

I had my surgery July 26th and I have a lot of soreness and kind of a burning sensation around the area where my stomach is. I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon this week and he said it was completely normal. He said it's because that's where everything took place and it often takes longer to heal. It sounds like it's something we might just have to deal with for a while. If you are concerned about it you may just want to ask your surgeon about it. Talking to him or her might put your mind at ease. I know it did mine because I was afraid something was wrong.

It's funny how all surgeons are different. I got sleeved July 26th and see where people that had their surgery around the same time as me are already eating regular foods. My surgeon takes a more cautious approach. I had to do 2 weeks of full liquids. I am now starting the second week of pureed foods. After that I do 2 weeks of soft foods and then I can eat regular foods again. I've lost 27 lbs so far and have gone down a clothing size. I haven't had a bit of trouble with swallowing or getting sick. I do struggle with the amount of food I can eat. I can only eat 1 to 2 ounces at a time. My dietitian wants me to eat 2 ounces. I've been trying to do that but when I do eat that much I get really gassy and bloated feeling. The liquid diet was really mentally challenging for me but I haven't felt deprived at all since I started the pureed stage. I'm just happy to have food again.

It's funny how all surgeons are different. I got sleeved July 26th and see where people that had their surgery around the same time as me are already eating regular foods. My surgeon takes a more cautious approach. I had to do 2 weeks of full liquids. I am now starting the second week of pureed foods. After that I do 2 weeks of soft foods and then I can eat regular foods again. I've lost 27 lbs so far and have gone down a clothing size. I haven't had a bit of trouble with swallowing or getting sick. I do struggle with the amount of food I can eat. I can only eat 1 to 2 ounces at a time. My dietitian wants me to eat 2 ounces. I've been trying to do that but when I do eat that much I get really gassy and bloated feeling. The liquid diet was really mentally challenging for me but I haven't felt deprived at all since I started the pureed stage. I'm just happy to have food again.

I could have written every word of your post. Just started purees yesterday.

Hello I had my sleeve on the 13th so I'm 4 days out. Still feeling really drained but no pain really. I do have discomfort when itry to drink is that normal after 4 days! Congrats to everyone who is doing great!

Hello I had my sleeve on the 13th so I'm 4 days out. Still feeling really drained but no pain really. I do have discomfort when itry to drink is that normal after 4 days! Congrats to everyone who is doing great!

Totally normal. Try taking smaller sips than you think is necessary. Good luck to you!

I too have not seen much weight loss. My two week post op doc visit showed 17 pound loss n now three more. I was sleeved on July 11 totaling 20 lbs! I m not getting all Water in n found myself several times with a bite of my kids Pasta in my mouth ( twice) but other than that I m logging in all food on fit pal to total 600 to 800 calories. I just don't get it!

Hang in there. Like you I have not seen the amazing weight loss of some other members of VST. My surgery was July 29th and I am down only ~18 pounds. I have to laugh as I type this as I have never before been successful at losing 18 pounds! It is frustrating to hear that others have had much more dramatic losses but I am grateful for every bit of mine. If you haven't done so yet, check your measurements. I have lost two inches off my waist and the swelling in my feet is much better. I feel like a different person, much more healthy and able to move more easily. I try to keep my focus on the long run and fingers crossed that if I follow my "pouch rules" the weight will come off. Don't get discouraged by the scale. I think we are not alone in our slower journey to smaller selves.

Hang in there. Like you I have not seen the amazing weight loss of some other members of VST. My surgery was July 29th and I am down only ~18 pounds. I have to laugh as I type this as I have never before been successful at losing 18 pounds! It is frustrating to hear that others have had much more dramatic losses but I am grateful for every bit of mine. If you haven't done so yet' date=' check your measurements. I have lost two inches off my waist and the swelling in my feet is much better. I feel like a different person, much more healthy and able to move more easily. I try to keep my focus on the long run and fingers crossed that if I follow my "pouch rules" the weight will come off. Don't get discouraged by the scale. I think we are not alone in our slower journey to smaller selves.[/quote']

Scootergirl

I was also sleeved on July 29th and I've only lost 13 pounds. So here's a gal envying your 18 pounds. :)

I was 7/23 and have only lost 12lbs (if you count from the morning before surgery and not the morning after (discounting IV Fluid gain). I'm usually a fairly quick loser when I'm on point, so I expected more at first, but it's all good. Stay the course and we'll get there!

I got sleeved on the 24th of July and I have lost 30 pounds. My only problem is I have episodes when I am really really tired. I don't know why but when I'm like that I don't feel like doing anything. Hopefully as time goes on this will pass but I am perfectly happy with my decision and I'm not looking back. Got to go out and hit the thrift stores for some smaller levis. And I have to but a new notch in my belt.