Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im a month out and they want me to stay on soft food cottage cheese, cheese,tuna ect. till 2 months out but been eat different stuff here and there and no problem is it ok to move on to phase four before they say what will happen if i do???

I've been pretty much doing the same thing. "Testing" little bites of this and that to see if I could handle it. Truth be told, I completely skipped the "puréed" part and went straight to soft foods because I'd chew my food for so long it'd pretty much be puréed when I swallowed it anyway. I used to be a big salad Water but haven't had the nerve to try lettuce though. Has anyone tried it at almost 5 weeks out?

I've been pretty much doing the same thing. "Testing" little bites of this and that to see if I could handle it. Truth be told' date=' I completely skipped the "puréed" part and went straight to soft foods because I'd chew my food for so long it'd pretty much be puréed when I swallowed it anyway. I used to be a big salad Water but haven't had the nerve to try lettuce though. Has anyone tried it at almost 5 weeks out?[/quote']

No haven't tried lettuce but can't wait until I can. I misst salad.< /p>

Not drinking with the meal is ok for me...it's right before and right after, I guess I need to actually time my meals! I always forget the 30 minutes before and after...You get thirsty when you eat!!! So that has been a little hard to get used to!

Same problem here! If I accidentally even drink a sip of Water before a meal...I ruin the whole meal and have problems eating the whole time. I'm pretty much just sitting there getting more and more uncomfortable with each spoon of food until I just give up, still hungry. I'm also barely getting in 60g of Protein a day, and doing my best here to get it in nonetheless. I don't see anything more I can do to get in more, my sources of Protein are the absolute best right now...I mean you simply don't get any better than super lean, grass fed ground beef! LOL.

I've been pretty much doing the same thing. "Testing" little bites of this and that to see if I could handle it. Truth be told, I completely skipped the "puréed" part and went straight to soft foods because I'd chew my food for so long it'd pretty much be puréed when I swallowed it anyway. I used to be a big salad Water but haven't had the nerve to try lettuce though. Has anyone tried it at almost 5 weeks out?

Just tried lettuce 3 days ago, and haven't had a single issue having about 1-2 leaves a day since (1 leaf per wrap/sandwich). Makes for GREAT super low calorie, high Protein wraps! Ridiculously quick and convenient!!

I also cut my pureed stage in half, from 2 weeks to 1 week and moved onto soft foods as soon as I noticed no problems getting things down. It fills me up quicker, and I noticed my calories drop significantly on fitday the moment I started soft foods. What a great feeling! Even if I'm not losing weight, at least I'm keeping my calories super low! Eventually, I'll HAVE TO lose weight at this rate!

I was done in may. I find if I eat like beef or chicken I can only eat a small bit then I am done. I can also eat a cup of yogurt or cottage cheese. But can drink and eat. A couple of times forgot I drank and then tried to eat in less then 15 mins and got sick. I am very carful now. But have been out to eat and had food and a beer. But sip and only drank an oz.was good though did not go to my head.

I've been pretty much doing the same thing. "Testing" little bites of this and that to see if I could handle it. Truth be told' date=' I completely skipped the "puréed" part and went straight to soft foods because I'd chew my food for so long it'd pretty much be puréed when I swallowed it anyway. I used to be a big salad Water but haven't had the nerve to try lettuce though. Has anyone tried it at almost 5 weeks out?[/quote']

I'll be 7 weeks out on Monday. I wanted a salad so bad. I completely regret it though. I hurt so bad! :(

Omg salad hurt too ,I will be 7weeks Monday too and I really miss salads and apples and plums etc ...

Omg salad hurt too ' date='I will be 7weeks Monday too and I really miss salads and apples and plums etc ...[/quote']

I had about 1/2 an apple. I just chewed extremely well. It was really stinkin good.

I'm so jealous of everyone. I had my surgery on July 29th and was doing great, then 2 weeks after the surgery I developed a leak. I didn't need another surgery, which I am very thankful for, but I have been on IV antibiotics and nourishment for the past 2 weeks and still have 2 more weeks to go. I can't eat or drink anything until my sleeve is completely healed. The only thing I'm allowed is minimal ice chips. I'm still glad I did this for myself and my family. I'm looking at this as a bump in the road of my journey.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I was sleeved July 24 and was feeling fine until this week. What were your symptoms of leak? I am having abdominal pain and major nausea. No fever, no vomiting yet. But I just feel like something is wrong.

I'm getting nervous because I'm almost 4 weeks out and feeling crappy as well. Back to almost all liqids because everything else upsets my stomach. Also feel nauseous and stomach pain and also super tired and easily fatigued...

I'm getting nervous because I'm almost 4 weeks out and feeling crappy as well. Back to almost all liqids because everything else upsets my stomach. Also feel nauseous and stomach pain and also super tired and easily fatigued...

Well, the easily tired and fatigued would be due to the tiny tiny bit of calories/protein you're able to ingest I'd think. Other than that, sometimes the sleeve does revert back a bit after letting you do well on a level/phase of eating. Mine did that a few times, but for only a few days at a time. But if you are feeling like something might be wrong your best bet is to get to a doctor and have everything checked out.

Same goes for rphp. If you feel like something is wrong, you should definitely get looked at! I mean this is surgery on your stomach we're talking about...it's a big deal!

Good luck and be well and healthy everyone!

I was sleeved July 24 and was feeling fine until this week. What were your symptoms of leak? I am having abdominal pain and major nausea. No fever' date=' no vomiting yet. But I just feel like something is wrong.[/quote']

I woke up fine that morning, but around 11am I had a pressure feeling in my upper abdomen (right under my ribs). I got up to walk around thinking it was gas and the pain spread all the way down my abdomen and to the sides as well. The only way to describe it is a really, really bad labor contraction that doesn't end. I had no fever or vomiting, just the pain. Abdominal pain and nausea are signs, so I would call the doctor If I were you. Better safe than sorry! They said if I had waited, it would have been much worse. Please let me know how you're doing. You'll be in my prayers!

Sent from my iPad using VST