Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all,

I had my surgery 08/12 and so far am down 16lbs,, Water is very hard to drink but doing well otherwise. I'm having vision issues unclear as to why thus far but maybe bc of the decrease in sugar. Any ideas??

Hello all' date='

I had my surgery 08/12 and so far am down 16lbs,, Water is very hard to drink but doing well otherwise. I'm having vision issues unclear as to why thus far but maybe bc of the decrease in sugar. Any ideas??[/quote']

Call your surgeon.

I had to take it several days in a row. Try Smooth Move laxative tea. Im seriously constipated as well and i just got my period which means increasing Iron so im grabbing some smooth move stat.

YES...the smooth move tea works...but seriously, I shouldn't have to drink the stuff EVERY time I think I want to go! Does it ever become regular? ugh!

YES...the Smooth Move tea works...but seriously' date=' I shouldn't have to drink the stuff EVERY time I think I want to go! Does it ever become regular? ugh![/quote']

Doesn't the smooth move hurt your stomach???

I to was sleeved on July 24 and lately I have really been tired. I also get light headed when I walk. I read in the manual given to me by my doctor and found out that I could be having Protein fatigue. So I am going to bulk up on the protein and hopefully it will go away. I was feeling so energized but now that I am on 4 to 6 weeks of mushy foods at 1/4 cup each I just don't think I am getting enough food. But the rules are the rules. The bad think is my nut and nurse are both going out on maternity leave. That doesn't give me a very good support staff. Frankly I'm a little concerned.

Doesn't the Smooth Move hurt your stomach???

No, it hurt more not to go!!! Then PMS on top of that! UGH!!!

I to was sleeved on July 24 and lately I have really been tired. I also get light headed when I walk. I read in the manual given to me by my doctor and found out that I could be having Protein fatigue. So I am going to bulk up on the Protein and hopefully it will go away. I was feeling so energized but now that I am on 4 to 6 weeks of mushy foods at 1/4 cup each I just don't think I am getting enough food. But the rules are the rules. The bad think is my nut and nurse are both going out on maternity leave. That doesn't give me a very good support staff. Frankly I'm a little concerned.

Try Mir a lax, it works well. No problems

No' date=' it hurt more not to go!!! Then PMS on top of that! UGH!!![/quote']

Me too! I feel like ima burst. Saw the doc yesterday. Smooth Move is fine. Thankfully, so are midol and tension tamer tea.

I don't really have a problem with taking bigger "sips" either. Does anyone know the reason for sipping? Will it stretch the pouch if you gulp? I've always been a gulper and its really hard not to now :/

When you gulp you allow more air into your stomach which for most people can be painful. Also, your stomach is much smaller so a few gulps could make u beyond full and it can come back up.

Was sleeved on 07/25 and have lost 15lbs since, including the 3-day pre op diet loss. Thats about 3-4 lbs a week. But I have only lost a pound or two in the past 2 weeks. :(

Don't know what's going on...but I guess something is better than nothing. Weight loss seems to be slowing significantly at an average of 500 calories a day. I average around 13g of (good/pure) carbs a day, and about 49g (sooo low...waaah) of Protein a day. And fat is controlled too, and only to the good and saturated variety.

Meh...the story of my life. LOL

When you gulp you allow more air into your stomach which for most people can be painful. Also' date=' your stomach is much smaller so a few gulps could make u beyond full and it can come back up.[/quote']

I went to the doc today and was informed that 1 ounce of intake every five minutes was the rule for the duration of my life. If I dont sip, its gonna be tough to spread that out.

Me too! I feel like ima burst. Saw the doc yesterday. Smooth Move is fine. Thankfully, so are midol and tension tamer tea.

IF I'm reading correctly...I CAN take Midol??????????????????? OMG, that would be awesome, I hurt so bad today, cramps are a b....!!! IF that is the case YOU just MADE my day!!! Pill form, or do they have capsules? I usually take the pill form.

Was sleeved on 07/25 and have lost 15lbs since, including the 3-day pre op diet loss. Thats about 3-4 lbs a week. But I have only lost a pound or two in the past 2 weeks. :(

Don't know what's going on...but I guess something is better than nothing. Weight loss seems to be slowing significantly at an average of 500 calories a day. I average around 13g of (good/pure) carbs a day, and about 49g (sooo low...waaah) of Protein a day. And fat is controlled too, and only to the good and saturated variety.

Meh...the story of my life. LOL

I'm at this stall point too. I'm 4 weeks out and the scale hasn't moved in a week...yet I'm exercising, and eating so little, I'm also retaining Water...monthly! I talked to my nurse last night and she said not to get frustrated, all women go through this, and it can be a little exacerbated this time of the month, especially because this surgery changes up some hormones as well. I'm happy I'm not gaining, but frustrated the scale isn't moving, maybe its broken!!!(I could tell myself that)...I did put on a pair of pants this morning that went straight to the giveaway pile, they were tight a month ago and wouldn't even stay up this morning!!! Little successes, focus on that, it seems to help me!

4 weeks post surgery (tomorrow). Starting pureed foods. Feeling great. (Never used pain meds post surgery anyways). I had these Fiber internal stitches working their way out of my incisions that were a bit creepy to pull out... anyone else? (gross i know). I had issues with Constipation week 3, but I think its just my body adjusting. I used to be very regular (daily), but now it's like every 3rd day. scale slowly shows 1-3 pd loss every 4-5 days. I'm 30 down from my highest (when I first met with surgeon). I am 15 down from surgery date. I felt that week 3 was a stall mode, didn't lose (maybe 1 lb) but now I'm losing again. I have not been tracking my exact calories/protein/sugar/etc. since my diet is so limited-what's the point?! Now that I am on pureed food, I will start. I use myfitnesspal also, love it. My user name is "rphpauline". Add me. I have bad reflux which i never had before, I can live with it. I really want to avoid skin removal so I can't wait to start full exercise! My supplements are as follows: 1 baby aspirin, 1 sublingual B-12, 2 Flintstones Complete Vitamins, 2 Tums smooth daily. I have been back to work since week 2. I don't think I'm getting enough plain Water in. It's the most difficult thing to do! I hate the flavored waters, sweet Protein Shakes etc. Plain water and milk with unflavored Protein Powder has worked best for me. Happiness is....dancing around the house to my favorite old school funk/disco from the 70s-80s. What's your happiness?

Best of luck to all July sleevers!

Yes, I've had those weird fiber stitches poking out too, mainly in about 3 of my smallest incisions. The weirdest is in the incision smack dab between my breasts, its like a golden colored plastic stitch just poking out all long like lol. Super annoying to say the least. I don't mess with them, or pull on them though. Not interested in ripping myself open and visiting anything behind them ya know.

Recovery was a cinch. I think day one post-op pretty much sucked. I was off meds by day 3 and haven't popped a single pill since. Fully pain free and flexible as normal. Honestly can't tell I had surgery at all. Was back to normal activities by day 4-5 and was running around after the boys (3 and 10 months) as usual by day 6. All incisions healed right up by day 8. Now they're just scars. Except for the drain incision, which stayed wide open up till day 14-16 (creeepy). Than sort of sealed up overnight and has since healed over exceptionally well. Not a scar yet though. I also fear loose skin...:(. I honestly didn't pre-op, but now that I can see that I've lost a ridiculous amount of inches (haven't measured yet but clothes are real loose around the waist and overall abdomen) I'm getting really scared looking at the skin, it's not tight around where my stretch marks from my pregnancies are, strange though....I never looked pregnant (no stomach whatsoever) and wasn't that big either...but it is what it is.

I've been on my period pretty much ever since 4 days post op. And was on my period the day before I left for the hospital on the 24th. So I got real lucky and didn't have my period for the 5 days I was in the hospital and the hotel. Came home, and started immediately. Went on for 6 days, had spotting for 5, then started once more with an evil vengeance and we're at day 12 today. It's so heavy that I'm changing every 40-45 minutes, on the clock. Super strange! I lost about 10 lbs the first week, including the 3-day pre-op diet. Than have only lost 5lbs in these past 3. Which is sad at 500 calories a day, and watching everything from sodium, to sugar, to carbs(net or otherwise)and Proteins and fats. UGH!

I'm having heartburn for the first time too...it doesn't make me hurt or anything but it always makes me feel like I'm super starving 5-30 minutes after eating. I deduced this fact only recently, about 2-3 days ago lol. I thought I was going nuts at first...how could I be so hungry after having 80% of my stomach removed?!? I have felt nauseas rarely due to it too.

I'm going to start the 5 day pouch test tomorrow. Honestly, I didn't think I'd be needing it this soon. Anyone else stall for the last 3 weeks in the first month after surgery? Gosh!