Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair loss...when do you just cut it off?

So I'm only 5 weeks out and already my scalp has gotten burnt! :( my hair has always been so thick this never could have happened.....now I loose so much everyday I'm ready to just cut it off. It's almost to my waist, but don't know what else to do. I take Biotin. I get my Protein. I knew this was going to happen, but at 5 weeks-I wasn't ready to loose my hair! :'(

Trust me... the Hair loss part sucks!!! I feel like 5 weeks is early but everyone is different. Are you dropping weight fast?

I lost A LOT of hair between 3 & 5 months post op. Luckily it stopped and has been growing back. I would be in tears in the shower! I also got Bosley hair restoration treatments which is Shampoo conditioner and a treatment which helped also.

How much Biotin are you taking? I take 10,000mcg a day.

It is completely common and just know it will stop and grow back!

Hang in there!! It will get better I promise! ;)

I'm 7 months out and just look ridiculous with the amount of hair I've lost, my hairdresser even suggested I get a pixie crop last week and this may well be my only option. As I have an appointment on Monday with my surgeon I'm holding on to see whether I am missing something from my diet that may help. I discovered through research that I was not getting enough Protein in me I need 100 grams to help me lose weight I'd be lucky if I was getting 20 grams so I have added Protein Shakes and so far today I have managed to get 64 grams of protein in. I also take zinc and Biotin to strengthen the hair when it does grow. I know nothing I've told you will help with your Hair loss but your not alone if that is of any comfort.

wasn't ready to loose my hair! :'(

AutismMom

its always good to vent here - thats what we're "hair" for!! :D

I am a "proud" breast cancer survivor these past 15 years :)

my doc told me i would gradually lose all my hair from the chemo

I was tired of watching my hair coming out in pieces, not knowing what i would look like the next day

i opted to "take' charge and went to the hairdresser and told her to shave my head :o

(i'm not telling you to do the same!! :lol:)

a "shaved" head beats dealing with cancer any day of the week, and twice on sunday

so i guess the same can be said of weight loss people and their hair - losing their hair for a bit - winning the weight war???

hmmmmm no hard choice to make :)

sounds like you are doing well by getting in all your Protein and Water in

i'm sure you are following all the other rules too!!!!

your in for the ride of your life!!!!!

there are always bumps in the road here and there.......

but you are on your way to a healthier, happier, longer life!!!!

you will continue to look as gorgeous as you are now ;)

scarves, hats are in style

your hair will grow back, prettier than ever

if a busy body asks the reason for your new hat/scarves situation ......

tell them you have a scalp condition - and its very contagious :lol:

good luck

kathy

I chopped mine off the night before surgery! 13inches landed of wet hair landed on the floor after my shower with the surgical soap.

I have accepted the fact that I'm going to lose my hair. So I beat my body to the punch that night and took it into my own hands.

Unlike when I cried in the shower for hours after giving birth to my son last year and just kept getting handful after handful of hair. My hubby had to pull me out and put me to bed with conditioner still in. I think he thought I was going crazy. But this time I prepared myself and warned him. :-D

I chopped mine off the night before surgery! 13inches landed of wet hair landed on the floor after my shower with the surgical soap.

I have accepted the fact that I'm going to lose my hair. So I beat my body to the punch that night and took it into my own hands.

Unlike when I cried in the shower for hours after giving birth to my son last year and just kept getting handful after handful of hair. My hubby had to pull me out and put me to bed with conditioner still in. I think he thought I was going crazy. But this time I prepared myself and warned him. :-D

That's brave! I don't know if I could do it all at once. I hope you donated it to locks of love! I think you need to have 12 inches of hair to donate.

That's brave! I don't know if I could do it all at once. I hope you donated it to locks of love! I think you need to have 12 inches of hair to donate.

I was told Locks of Love doesn't accept processed hair...? So it went in the garbage. But I've donated 4 times previously. :)

That stinks! Too bad to have to throw it out, but that is awesome that you've done it so many times before! :)