Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Aceves..looking for recent personal experience

I am leaning heavily towards Dr Aceves.. and have been for years that I have been researching and looking into having VSG done....Does anybody have their personal journey documented so I can be more prepared? Thanks

I am having my surgery the day after tomorrow. I will do a write up after. ♥

If you look on youtube, nerdinoregon recently had her surgery with Dr Aceves and has her whole experience documented.

I had my sleeve 5 weeks ago and cannot recommend him enough. Everything about my experience exceeded my expectations. I was always well cared for and fully understood the process and what to expect. The entire staff was amazing and it was absolutely worth every penny.

And yes! I have most everything documented on YouTube. I did a video the night before where I explained the pre-op process and idid one the day after and 2 days after surgery. Let me know if you have any specific questions!

I just ran out of the hospital crying. Don't think I can do this. I need some pep talk if I am going to do this, otherwise I am going home tomorrow. I didn't even let them do the per surgery tests.....

Hey Stephanie! I have seen you on the boards... you got this! U know deep down you want this. You are in great hands!! Fear should occur - it is the unknown - but calm down.. breathe.... and get your butt back in there tomorrow. You have wanted this for awhile!! Get it girl! Love from NC.

I just messages you. Think of everything you've given up to this point in your life because of your weight. 24 hours from now, you'll be on your way to the life that you've been wanting. At some point, your weight drove you to the point of leaving the country to have surgery. Love yourself enough to have the courage to follow through.

I just ran out of the hospital crying. Don't think I can do this. I need some pep talk if I am going to do this' date=' otherwise I am going home tomorrow. I didn't even let them do the per surgery tests.....[/quote']

Stephanie, please take some deep breaths and think about this. It is normal to be scared before major surgery! I was alone in Mexico for my surgery and I was really scared too, but I knew it was my chance for a better life! At my age, my LAST chance pretty much. Is that the case for you?

Ultimately it is your decision, but please consider the pros and cons carefully. Will you regret it later if you DON'T or if you DO?

My best to you! Please message me or post if you want to talk more, ok?

I had surgery with Dr. Aceves in March. My experience was excellent. A great team and great care.

Well, I am wiggling out. Am not going to do it. Just don't feel good about the whole thing. Getting pulled over for a drug search, being handed a cup to pee in while a cleaning lady would not leave the bathroom etcetc did nothing to alleviate my fears. Dr aceves seems like a good man,and brutally honest (kudos to him). The complications some of his patients have experienced that he described also put the fear of the living daylights in me. I never knew.....

Well' date=' I am wiggling out. Am not going to do it. Just don't feel good about the whole thing. Getting pulled over for a drug search, being handed a cup to pee in while a cleaning lady would not leave the bathroom etcetc did nothing to alleviate my fears. Dr aceves seems like a good man,and brutally honest (kudos to him). The complications some of his patients have experienced that he described also put the fear of the living daylights in me. I never knew.....[/quote']

Stephanie,

I have extremely high anxiety about this as well. I'm absolutely terrified. What kind of complications did he say that some have experienced? I have yet to even decide on my surgeon. Some days I'm all in then other days I want to back out of it, so I know how you feel. I'm also afraid of freaking out once I arrive and want to back out.

What? A drug search?

Good for you for making a tough decision. It can't be easy to have gone that far and then turn around the other way, but you are your own best advocate. I wish you the best!