Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lots o' gas, regurg, reflux, feeling like %#€£

i had my procedure on july 12th. the doc found lots of scar tissue. my spleen, pancreas, stomach were all stuck together. he cleaned it all up ( extra 1/2 hour in surgery) and told me to expect extra recovery time. here i am 11 days later and am having trouble tolerating almost everything i put in my mouth and yesterday had two episodes of regurging everything to the point i felt dehydrated cause nothing would stay down. finally fell asleep and woke to just mouthfuls of acid..... so horrible.

anyone else have severe GERD after surgery? anything help? my first dye contrast said the transit from stomach to intestines was very swollen. and my stomach was emptying very slowly. but that was 10 day ago.

waiting to hear back from the NP after she consults with the doc. but, wtf? was hoping for much quicker recovery time. didnt expect to be laying in bed sucking ice this far after surgery.

i had my procedure on july 12th. the doc found lots of scar tissue. my spleen' date=' pancreas, stomach were all stuck together. he cleaned it all up ( extra 1/2 hour in surgery) and told me to expect extra recovery time. here i am 11 days later and am having trouble tolerating almost everything i put in my mouth and yesterday had two episodes of regurging everything to the point i felt dehydrated cause nothing would stay down. finally fell asleep and woke to just mouthfuls of acid..... so horrible.

anyone else have severe GERD after surgery? anything help? my first dye contrast said the transit from stomach to intestines was very swollen. and my stomach was emptying very slowly. but that was 10 day ago.

waiting to hear back from the NP after she consults with the doc. but, wtf? was hoping for much quicker recovery time. didnt expect to be laying in bed sucking ice this far after surgery.[/quote']

Ask for compazine it is a suppository but it was ONLY thing that worked for me!

I'm only 7 days post op. Haven't had reflux once since my surgery. I took RX Prilosec, OTC Zantac and chewed Tums like they were candy. My dr put my on Pepcid for after surgery and it seems to be working like a charm. I never had heartburn before my band slipped last year. Never even knew what it felt like. Boy do I now!

Did your dr prescrive you a PPI (proton pump inhibitor)? Mine wants me to take the Pepcid for 3 mths then try going off it.

Good luck!

repeat upper GI today confirms same as the first one, with small improvment in transit from stomach to intestines. :(

repeat upper GI today confirms same as the first one' date=' with small improvment in transit from stomach to intestines. :([/quote']

Are you on a PPI?

Are you on a PPI?

yup. double strength.

surgeon called tonight. he can see a place on my xray where my stomach is "folded over" and not "squeezing." he saw it on my leak test. said its better now, but still there. will call me in the morning with recommendations after he gets the official report from the radiologist. :(

Yes I have severe reflux and foaming. Noticed it more past few days and even vomitted. 4 weeks post op. Just switched from pepcid to prilosec . I also have reglan which I can take as well. Can you ask for reglan?

see tomorrow what the surgeon thinks... meds to help the stomach squeeze and empty were the NPs recommendation, but the surgeon wants to see the offical reading of the xray first.