Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Garcia self pay Mexico

I'm about 6 months into research for a sleeve. My insurance will not cover it at all. No way, no how. How much did Dr. Garcia cost? Do you go to a hotel? Is that covered in the cost? Thanks very much for all your posts - this is a tough decision to make, but I certainly can't afford to self-pay in the States.

call alma with Ready4Achange she handles all dr. garcia's scheduling and gives you a quote. if you bmi is less than 50 it is cheaper. i think it runs between 4500-4700 for bmi less than 50 for bmi greater than 50 i think it jumps to 5200 but dr garcia and his team are great. the price includes everything including meals, transportation from airport, hotel, shuttle to hospital for surgery, 2night 3 day hospital stay, 2 night 3 day hotel stay, and transportation from hospital to hotel and also transporation back to airport. It coves all lab, xray, anesthesia, medical drs, surgery, and follow up in hotel following surgery. there was 4 of us that went and had it done, all did good following surgery, are home now and still doing good, very good dr. and very good choice, his name is dr. Fernando Garcia, but like i said alma at ready for a change handles everything. its safe and if you don't have anyone to go with you, you will be okay, everyone is really nice.

Dr. Garcia charges $4700. if you have a bmi under 50. It goes up from there but not a crazy amount. It includes 3 nights at the Marriott ( I night pre op and 2 nights post op) It also includes ground transportation from the San Diego Airport. You can also bring a guest, because you get a private room at the hospital which you share with your guest. You will stay 2 nights at Florence Hospital. I am scheduled for 8/30/13, the Friday before Labor Day. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of Dr. Garcia's patients and I am so confident in my decision. I am so ready!!!

you will do great. had mine with dr. garcia on the 19th and would do it again in the blink of the eye. just make sure you take something with you to do for the couple of days you have to wait before you fly home, sitting around hotel gets boring. they do give you free internet if you ask for a password at checkin. let me know if you have any questions will answer them the best i can. Walmart 2 blocks in a little shoping mall. taxi cab ride 5 dollars american.

Thanks rnursewillis. Did you have your surgery on August 19th? How is it going? The only thing that stresses me a little is that I am going back to work after 4 days. I work in a law office and I didn't think it would be so bad. I have been realizing lately how heavy the files are the a I work with I will be real careful because I don't want to do any damage to my new sleeve. I am staying positive. Just taking it all one day at a time. :)

I am going to Dr. F Garcia in Mexico! I have only heard exceptional things about him and his staff!

My mother had VSG surgery done by Garcia and she has only said the best things about him also! My surgery is September 9, so I'll keep you updated! ;)

good luck Ladyomnom. I will be sure to post my experience here!!

I am going to Dr. F Garcia in Mexico! I have only heard exceptional things about him and his staff!

My mother had VSG surgery done by Garcia and she has only said the best things about him also! My surgery is September 9' date=' so I'll keep you updated! ;)[/quote']

Dr. Garcia was absolutely awesome! He did a fantastic job with my surgery. I had no pain and minimal gas pain. I was up and about an hour after surgery! Great experience!

Dr. Garcia was absolutely awesome! He did a fantastic job with my surgery. I had no pain and minimal gas pain. I was up and about an hour after surgery! Great experience!

When did u have yours with Garcia ?? Mine was 4/26 ..

Waiting at Hampton inn San Diego for Samuel to pick me up. When I called before to set up the time it was going to be 8 then they switched it to 9. Called Samuel at 8:45 he called me back at nine saying he was at the boarder do give him 25 minutes and he should be here. Just hope at the hospital it's not a bunch of waiting..

Update from eariler. Samuel picked us up at 9:30 from the hampton inn. Fromthere we had a quick 15 minute delay because he thought he was picking up another guy from the airport then back on the road to mexico.

10:30 we got to oasis

10:45 got in our room

11:00 xray

11:30 iv put into arm for nausea and stuff

11:45 ekg

11:50 ekg cleared

12:15 dr belas qul answered questions.

There was only supposed to be me and another person scheduled for today but now i think there is 4

Hello ladyomnom, I too will be in Mexico with Dr Fernando Garcia surgery scheduled for Sept 9 as well... Doing Pre opt diet already lost 15lbs and getting excited ... I guess I'll see you there probably where are you from ? I'm from Florida .

Good luck

Hello ladyomnom, I too will be in Mexico with Dr Fernando Garcia surgery scheduled for Sept 9 as well... Doing Pre opt diet already lost 15lbs and getting excited ... I guess I'll see you there probably where are you from ? I'm from Florida .

Good luck

Rock and roll man! I live in Oregon! I have only lost a couple pounds. I am only supposed to be on a seven day pre-op diet so I started yesterday! Soon more weight will shed away! :)

When my mom was there she said she met some individuals getting the surgery done and some walked in groups! I am sure I will see you there!

-Mariah :)

my only issue with going to mexico was I wish i'd done it sooner , I researched checked this and that , I wasted a lot of time , i'd be skinny by now, but overall i'm 50 lbs lighter less than a month out from surgery 8/5/2013, I would use ready4change with Dr Garcia again . OH in less than 4 weeks in off all my meds .

Beautiful! I am so excited!

Hello Everyone!! I am 2 months post op today and I am down 45 pounds. I had Dr. Garcia as my surgeon and can't imagine being any happier with my results. I was 277 at the tme of my surgery and I am 232 as of this morning. The journey has been difficult at times, always struggle with getting enough fluids and Protein, but all in all I am happy with where I am.

Hello Everyone!! I am 2 months post op today and I am down 45 pounds. I had Dr. Garcia as my surgeon and can't imagine being any happier with my results. I was 277 at the tme of my surgery and I am 232 as of this morning. The journey has been difficult at times, always struggle with getting enough fluids and Protein, but all in all I am happy with where I am.

hello anybody going October 8,2013?

I just booked my plane ticket for Oct 8 with Dr Fernando Garcia for my gastric sleeve and I am scared like there is no tomorrow I Am from Canada and will be going by myself cant tell anybody any body went or going?