Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers...! Come on in and chat!

My surgery was 9/13

How are you feeling?

i am scheduled on the 25th! thats just 2 days out and i'm staring to really freak out about it. like what i look deformed after i loose weight lol?? :wacko:

You will be just fine. I too am on the 25th with less than 48 hrs to go. You got this girl and you know you will feel better once you get through the bumps and bruises of this surgery. Just stay positive...

Hi sleevers and future sleevers ! Super excited again, surgery on this Wednesday and nobody can steal my joy! I'm all set, I only lost about 6lbs since on this 2 week pre op diet, but I still have two days so hopefully I get to 8 or 10. I worked out everyday this week for at least 45 mins and its getting easier. I'm so ready to get this done. I bet I will be the happiest person in the hospital Wednesday morning thats thrilled to have surgery . I will be sure to keep everyone updated before and after surgery. And everyone that's on the 25th also please update also. Have a good night.

Mine is this Wednesday as well. I have read your post so remember you are doing this for yourself and don't worry about the nay sayers. Good luck to you and a speedy recovery...

Hey guys, just a piece of advice: I don't know how it's been for everyone else, but I wish I had NOT stocked up on some things. I bought a TON of Jell-O and can't eat any of it now. Also, I bought lots of Protein and 4 days after surgery it didn't like being in my stomach anymore so I had to switch. I wish I'd just gotten a little bit or samples. Things taste different, go down different, and settle in your belly different after surgery.

How are you feeling?

I was 9/13 also! How's it going?

Hey guys' date=' just a piece of advice: I don't know how it's been for everyone else, but I wish I had NOT stocked up on some things. I bought a TON of Jell-O and can't eat any of it now. Also, I bought lots of Protein and 4 days after surgery it didn't like being in my stomach anymore so I had to switch. I wish I'd just gotten a little bit or samples. Things taste different, go down different, and settle in your belly different after surgery.[/quote']

Yes you are right. I'm still in the phase of trying Protein Shakes. I know I've seen people responding on what Protein Drinks they are using and everybody has a different answer. Keep trying different protein drinks until it fits your liking. This is what I'm doing for now. I wish you the best on your journey.

DB loving lyfe

I was 9/19 I wish I could have a Protein Shake lol I'm on clear liquids for 2 weeks GRRRR LOL How are you feeling since surgery?

I'm a day after you and my doctor have me drinking a Protein shake in between my liquid meals. I'm feeling okay. I just have gas and acid reflux feeling a lot. I walk and it feels better. I hope you are okay.

DB loving lyfe

I'm September 30 also!

One week to go! Next week at this time I'll be at the hospital recovering. Am nervously excited. Thinking about hospital bag wondering if I'm really gonna feel up to a shower day of/day after surgery?

I'm a day after you and my doctor have me drinking a Protein Shake in between my liquid meals. I'm feeling okay. I just have gas and acid reflux feeling a lot. I walk and it feels better. I hope you are okay. DB loving lyfe

Yea feeling fine but hating the clear liquid thing but my Doc is very strict about the 2 Weeks of each phase post op diet... I haven't craved anything just getting tired of the clear crap lol

Please, if you just had surgery... STAY OFF THE SCALE... you did not gain 100 - 150 lbs in 3 hours, you are NOT going to lose it in 3 hours just because you had a major surgery, your body has just gone thru a MAJOR JOLT... your body is going to SWELL, making you GAIN weight........ it is going to take you almost 3 weeks to start FEELING OK...NOT GOOD, but OK.. Give your body time to HEAL, ADJUST. Try to get in as much Water and Protein as you can... do NOT ask can I have this, knowing when you went into surgery you will NOT be able to have it... follow your Dr orders or someone that has BEEN WHERE you ARE... YOU will NOT be HUNGRY.. it is head hunger. so do not come here and say I AM HUNGRY.. you are not.... get serious as to why you did this surgery and you will succeed!!! Best of luck to all of you. I linger between 125-129 and I do NOT freak out that OMG I gained 4 pounds, get used to it NOW