Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

I posted this else where to but I thought I would let you all know too in case you dont read all posts on here!

***WARNING** HORRIBLE STORY***Tuesday I pick up my little ones from the sitter and I was talking with the sitter, when I was ready to go I told them "lets go" They ran out to my car to get in the carseats (2 & 4 years old) and I walking out the door behind them with all the "baby gear" when my 4 year old got in he reach up by the dash to get something and his head hit the gear shift, knocked it out of gear and the my minivan ran over my 2 year old! The keys were not in the car and it of coarse was not even running. I had NO IDEA some cars could come out of gear with out the brake being pressed down!!!!!!!!!! I was freaking out and crying and trying to assess her to see how bad it was! My sitters family called 911 and we took her into the hospital I work at. It was horrible! Thank the Lord, He spared her life. Her name is "Samara" which is Hebrew for "Protected by God" and He did protect her. She only had a broken leg and some abrasions. Our whole family is turned upside down by this. I cant stop crying and I cant get the imagine of my 2 year daughter being throw out the front of that car! It is haunting me-- I can't eat- sleep or anything.

It has kicked me off my plateau (so much for that starvation mode theory) but ya know what I could care less. When I stepped on the scale and saw I lost another 3 lbs it didnt make me smile, didnt make me happy I just simply didnt care. Kiss your babies everyone! Love Jill

Jill! My heart goes out to you and your family - I hope your daughter recovers soon! What a horrible and sad story! Love to you.... :):D

Jill....I'm so sorry to hear about the trauma your family has been though, but count your blessings that your daughter is still with you and only has a broken leg!! Make sure you also focus on your son too so he can be reassured that it was just an accident....

Hang in there!! Congrats on the weight loss, although I know it's not how you wanted it to happen.....

OMgoodness - Jill sweetie - how horrible! So glad God spared her life! You named her right :) - I'll put her on our church prayer list. Is she home now? Just the broken leg? How's the little guy doing? I bet it scared him too. I know its not how you wanted to break the plateau but I'm glad you're back on your way down.

I really enjoyed reading all of your responses to "feel sexy" - who was it that said they feel sexier now then they did when they weighed this same weight before? Claudia? Well I can agree with that - not so much feeling sexier but I feel like I look better in my clothes now at 197 then I did when I was 192 (my lowest ww weight a few years back). It must be the self confidence I'm gaining.

I'm loving my fill - but really have to make sure I don't go too long like last night. The track meet went on until 8pm and I had eaten between 12:30 -1:00 so I was STARVED and ate too fast - and too much - I had KFC - 2 chicken strips and the mashed potatoes - I was really wanting to throw some of it up. But I didn't pb and I didn't even get a golf ball, just felt stuffed. I was so mad at myself for eating like that. If I had eaten around 6:00 I probably would have eaten 1 strip and the potatoes and felt ok. KFC btw has a great nutrional site - think I may have shared it before - what I ate was 380 calories. so even tho I felt like I had pigged out my intake was still below 1000 yesterday.

Did I tell you I talked to Nate (reminder he's my phys.assist) about me tracking and eating 1200 - 1500 claories a day (before this fill)? He said even at that I should still lose a pound a week as long as I'm exercising. I said yeah but I want to lose 2 lbs a week. :D Then my sexy dr joined in and said remember 1.5 lbs a week is 75 lbs a year! Don't get impatient - we are doing this right my lovelies. Keep reminding yourself you picked this band bc its healthier and safer and we love ourselves.

Brandi - hope you're feeling much better - forgot to tell you that yesterday.

Oh Jill, How horrible! I am so glad that she had not been more critically hurt. I did not know that either, that the shift can disengage while turned off and move like that.

Thanks for the warning, and good luck with your baby!

If any of you are in front of a TV....they're going to be talking to a Teen who had the Lap Band and lost 200 pounds shortly on the TODAY SHOW!!! I'll be Tuning in to hear what they ave to say!

Jill - i am so glad she was ok. That is something that could happen to any of us. You have my prayers for her as well.

vaband - give us a synposis of the show. I wasnt able to watch it and would love to know what they had to say.

I still think we could all get a spot on one of these shows to tell our stories!

Well, I have to say I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't really explain what LapBand is...they just had a teen boy who had weighed over 500 pounds on the show and he had gotten the LB and had lost 180 pounds so far and looked FANTASTIC! he said his goal was to lose 100 more, but he looked good to me! But they did mention LapBand as opposed to Gastric BP, so its juts good to hear it getting 'out there'!

MISS you guys!

Things are settling down and I'm feeling better. My company is getting bought out and everyone here is in panic mode because they think lay offs are coming down soon. I am kind of worried, but I can't focus on "I'm getting laid off." I totally believe in the power of positive thought.

Anyhow, my fill has worked. Oh man has it. Yesterday as I was coming home from an out of town trip I ate dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in O'Hare. I had a cup of Soup and grilled salmon. After about 4 bites I had the boulder in my chest and my mouth started watering really bad. I had to get up and run to the bathroom (with my purse and laptop in tow) and ended up throwing up in my mouth on the way there. I stood in the stall puking for a good 6 or 7 minutes. I didn't eat anymore until I got home, and then it was cottage cheese with salsa. I'm on liquids today.

I am trying not to weigh myself until next week Friday. I'm trying to do well eating only fish and vegetables for now, and drinking Water, Water, water. The weather is nice and I'm walking outside more w/the baby. I'm also looking into buying a bicycle and a baby trailer to pull him - I think that will be a great thing to do this spring/summer/fall. Plus I love to ride the bike.

NSV (as I haven't been on the scale since last 3/26) - a guy on my team asked if I have been working out. I said, "Yeah, I have." And he said, "I can tell, you look good." Then 2 more people chimed in and said, "Yeah, you do look good! I noticed too but didn't want to say anything cuz I know it can be a touchy subject." I said, "Why would it be a touchy subject? I know I'm fat." haaha Seriously though, I have been beaming since.

And I fit into the seat on the airplane comfortably. Nothing was jammed in my hip or cutting off my air supply. I'm down to a 14/16 top and an 18/20 bottom. My goal for the week is to exercise every day - outside if at all possible. No more wine (after tonight HA!) and focus on eating well (protein and veggies).

As for the hair LOSS issue, I went to the dermatologist, and HE said that they think the hair lost post WLS is due to Iron deficiencies. So he put me on an Iron pill (which I forget to take most days). I am losing hair, too - but I think mine is change-of-season shedding.

Anyhow, I'm heading out. When I put the baby in bed tonight (or tomorrow) I'll check in and read everything I've missed these past few weeks. I also have a DK update. And a few other amusing tales.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am happy to report that I can see the silver lining!

Love you guys more and more - thanks for supporting me even when I'm not around. I can feel the love, ladies, and I truly do love and appreciate you for it.

Nathalie

NAT! Welcome back girl!!! Good to see you posting and coming out of your funk!

Can't wait to hear your stories!! :)

Thanks for the tip about Iron...guess I gotta go buy some more vitamins!

Nat- Welcome Back . Things Will Work Out !!! I Will Be Praying For You :) .

Bev- Yes I Am Excited Lol Hopefully I Can Get A Story Like Yours Lol By The Way What Has Happend Any Trips Soon :)

Bk- Ms Star:) How Are You Doing .

Boo- Any Updated On Your Book ?

Hope You All Have A Great Weekend :)

19 More Days For My Adventure In Chicago Lol Yay!!!

Clau!

Clau - it's so neat to see you so excited about your trip!

NAT - WELCOME BACK GIRL! We miss ya & luv ya, so keep your chin up and know that we're here for you, through the thick & thin (ha ha!). Good job on getting your head back in the bandster game.

Brandi - are you feeling better yet?

Hi-I just had my surgery 2 weeks ago in Monterrey Mexico. The Dr and nurses were excellant! I am almost recovered-back to work and even a little gardening. But I am afraid I am eating too much.. I dont have any problem with anything. It all stays down. Maybe it is just old bad habits. Will I have to wait for my first fill to any restricitons? Has anyone had this problem right out of the box?

Caseye, right now you don't have any restriction. You will start to gain restriction slowly after your first fill. It took me 5 fills to find my sweet spot. Don't be surprised if it takes you a few. Good luck.