Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT BUT DO TO MY FILL AND BEING ON liquids THE scale MOVED A LITTLE .

I KNOW IT HARD BUT WE NEED TO NOT ONLY FOCUS ON THE SCALE WE ALSO NEED TO FOCUS THAT OUR CLOTHES BIT BETTER THAT OUT CHIN IS SMALLER THINGS LIKE THAT . WE CANT GET OBSESED WITH THE NUMBERS IN THE SCALE THEY WILL MOVE . MY PATIENT CORDNATOR HAS HAD THE LAPBAND FOR 6 YEARS AND SHE SAID THAT YOUR BODY IS JUST ADJUSTING AND THAT THE SCALE WILL MOVE EVEN IF ITS 4 POUNDS A MONTH ITS GOOD THE MAIN POINT IS FOR NOT TO GAIN THEM . IT MAKES SENSE. WE CAN ALL HELP EACH OTHER SO GO INTO YOUR CLOSET AND SEE IF DOES PANTS FIT YOU KNOW THAT DIDNT FIT YOU BUT ALMOST :clap2: FIT YOU 3 WEEKS AGO . AND TO YOUR SURPISE THEY MAY FIT ALREADY .

TAKE CARE GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US !!

CLAU

BK -KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WE WILL DO IT TOGETHER YAY!!!

I BE GOING TO CHICAGO IN APRIL i AM SO EXCITED YAY NEED A NEW LOOK !!:clap2:

Hey ladies

I am feeling like such a freaking loosers these days and not in a good way.... :)

NO weight loss since my fill 4 weeks ago....grrrrr.. but yet I have to buy smaller clothes? What??? Ugh...

I am feeling rather b*tchy. Aunt Flo must be coming early...lol..

How are all of you?

Boo....I'm with you!!! I started exercising and my scale hasn't budged!! Doesn't exactly motivate me to continue, ya know??

I probably need a small fill....but can't go until the beginning of May b/c my month of April is so booked up! Grrr....so I'm going to have to struggle through....I hope we're all just hitting a pleateau b/c we've done so well and that this won't last too long!!

Well, I finally got my act together and with the help of my bodybugg I was able to lose 7 lbs this week. It took me 3 months to realize the weight doesn't just fall off, I have to do my part too. I always knew it of course, but I didn't get motivated until I got my toy. So far, it's totally worth the price.

Now I have to decide if I really need my fill next week. I'm thinking I'll just cancel and continue doing what I'm doing. Then, I'll get a fill when I slow down or stop losing.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It's Spring Break for me. Whee!

Kirsten, if you just started exercising again your muscles are likely holding onto a touch more Water so I wouldn't be worried, assuming you're eating well & drinking your water! I was "stuck" for a week on the scale and did nothing different to get stuck, and nothing different to get unstuck - sometimes our bodies need a rest to readjust. Down a touch over 4 lbs in the past week, and I changed nothing... IF you're doing everything right, which it sounds like you're doing pretty good, weight should come off - if not, get a fill!

Thanks Annie!! I think I had pleateaued BEFORE I started the exercise, but hopefully it'll help! I do know I need to be more careful about the 'empty' caloric intake....so I'm going to go back to journaling. I am scheduled to get Fill #3 on May 4th.

Kirsten I think you need a fill - you should try to find someone closer to you. I know my dr takes in 'new' patients, I just met one who had her surgery in NY and has moved to PA.

I know I need another fill - asap! The evil one (scale) has finally started moving, I'm down a whopping 2 pounds this month! UGH! But I just don't feel like its working. I try to keep my calories around 1200 and still doing 30 minutes a day 5-6 days a week so I think it should be more like 2 lbs a week at that!

I went shopping yesterday - me and the girls- we couldn't find anything! We wanted Easter outfits and theres nothing springy out there. It was all reds and blues. But I did try on a few tops that I probably should have bought. My youngest got 1 top and my oldest got a pair of white pants - that was it! DH was shocked we came home after being out for 6 hours with nothing.

I bought two new pair of pants today. NSV!

Size 14... and there was plenty of room in them.

I can shop in the "normal" size section now... I dont think I could even do that in high school... haha

It's crazy how your brain still sees you "bigger" --- I looked at those pants in the dressing room and thought...

"there is no way these things are going to even go on...."

Sure enough... my brain was wrong. They slid right on. Now I guess I have to admit that I really cant see the changes.

Bman did you mean you CAN see the change? WTG! I bet it felt great to slide into that smaller size!

Nope. I couldnt see it at all. I didnt think there was anyway that I could fit into them.

To me, I still look the same size I did 3 months ago. :-) stupid brain.

It was nice. Made me smile... i was suprised.

Nope. I couldnt see it at all. I didnt think there was anyway that I could fit into them.

To me, I still look the same size I did 3 months ago. :-) stupid brain.

It was nice. Made me smile... i was suprised.

YAY!! I do the same thing too! I wonder if we will always have the fit chick mentality??

Speaking of which my mom really upset me today.........grrrr....:)

I spent the day cleaning out the closets and such. Getting rid of the big girl clothes. Just seconds after telling my mom I was so excited to be getting rid of size freaking 30 clothes, she says "Don't you think it is too soon? What happens if you backslide? I don't think you should get rid of them." She crushed me. This is the woman who just had and RenY last month. She knows how it feels to be fat, and she had to do that???

I got so upset I yelled at her. She is the one person that I expect to support me because she IS there, but no I can't even get that. What a freaking brat....she has been in competition with me my whole damn life. I hate her sometimes. She had really better hope that I do not do a chapter on her, which I could....

I can't stop crying tears of anger and bitter pain, all from mommy dearest....

Hi girls havent really been around lately, been busy and depressed about this plateau- It seems to be going around here--the plateau that is. Congrats to all of you that are losing though! And even bigger congrats to those exercising. I did finally lose 1 pound this weekend! Maybe I will get off the plateau of 4 weeks now! No way I am gonna make March goal! =(

Jill....Hang in there...I'm with you!!! I am not going to make my March goal either, but....I have to realize that I'm not going to always lose 10 pounds a month....as long as I lose, I should be happy.

Steph...you're probably right that I need a fill, but....I was thinking about this last night...my Question of the Day:

How do you know the difference b/w needing a fill and having stretched your pouch??

I have been able to eat more lately and although sometimes I regret it (I PBd on a chicken wing last night...ugh!)....I seem to just have the wrong mentality lately, and I need to get my head straight!! This head hunger thing really sucks!!

BOO....sorry to hear your mom was not being supportive!! But she is probably just voicing her own fears about her RNY not working for her!!! Still doesn't make it right that she said that....but know that we are here cheering you on as you stuff all those old 'fat clothes' into bags and get rid of them once and for all!!!

VA--That is a great question, I would love to know the answer to that one as well! What makes you think you stretched the pouch? Does it get smaller again once we get a fill??

Jill--I am right there with you girl, I agree it is something in the water!

Kirsten I don't think you stretched the pouch. You've only had 2 fills, right? I lost alot of both of my first 2 fills. Dr said it fills the knooks and crannies and doesnt stay in the band part so I think this is probably what happened to you. When I went in for my 3rd fill I took a drink of the barium and it went right through. I think it takes alot of big eating to stretch out the pouch AND if you pb'd on the chicken I don't think its stretched. Are you following the band rules like not drinking before, during and after? If I drink anything during that time it makes the food pass through the band alot faster and its not sitting in there making me stay full.

All that said - I'm calling today to get a fill. I'm hoping he can just give me a couple cc's in the office. I've been tracking and my calories are between 1200 -1500 this past week. I still feel like I'm snacking too much.

Boo- hon I'm sorry your mom hurt your feelings. Sometimes we say things - as mothers - that we regret. I think you should have said geesh mom, that hurt and was real encouraging. I know I sometimes cross the line with my girls and they have to tell me. Just happened a couple weeks ago with my youngest, it was about her bf and I didn't think anything of it but she was hurt - when she finally told me I had hurt her I apoligized. My older girl - she'll say something right away. I say something right away. When my mom came out to visit - we were in the airport and everyone was saying how good I looked, her included. Then she says now you just need to learn good posture. Which she says to me ALL the time - I have the curved back - my butt sticks out and my belly sticks out because thats where my fat is. I said mom you said it now I don't want to hear it again while you are here. I can't do anything about it and I get it from her! My great neice said gramma is so mean to you - we just get here and she starts critizing you. I said I know thats why I have to set her straight right away. She never said a word about my posture the rest of the visit, infact she just kept praising me on how good I looked.

My biggest irk is the people who think this is bypass and that we'll lose weight really fast.