Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

God, I'm so glad I'm not the only one fighting the nighttime snack thing. I do so well all day then sometimes I feel like it goes to hell after dinner. I've tried buying better snack foods and I got rid of my weaknesses (string cheese, etc.).

I'm on solids now so I'm hoping it will make a difference.

oOO Brandi-I love FitDay.

I actually bought the downloadable version a few years ago and I loved it even more. I just spent an hr going through all my cd's to try to find the hard copy since it was installed on another computer...to no avail. ugh.

I use it a lot to help me track and I LOVE checking if I make my nutritional requirements and seeing the weightloss graphs. Too cool.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Sometimes Moms do those things. I sure hope I never do, but I did catch myself telling my daughter that eating shovelfulls of popcorn instead of taking a piece or 2 at a time was piggy-like. I don't remember the exact words I used but it was enough that my stomach flipped remembering being talked to that way. I immediately apologized and told her I shouldn't have said it like that, but that she should not be shoveling popcorn into her face..bad table manners/bad habit. She was fine and didn't seem concerned at what I said. She has amazing self esteem-I wish I had been as confident as she is when I was her age. That being said, I don't want to continue the cycle and make her feel bad because I know that pre-teen girls are at a very fragile time! Luckily at this point, there are no weight issues and my kids are very healthy...I hope it stays that way. At any rate, I don't want to have them take the course I did with my weight.

Steph-can you believe that Ellen wasn't on at the gym? Ugh. But there were some good music videos on. I started a running program today and now everytime I go to the bathroom I actually groan because my muscles hurt! haha. It is just from the act of sitting down and getting up but anyone outside the bathroom may be concerned. hahahahaha

Maurdan-string cheese was always a big trigger for me too! I would eat one, then go back and eat 4 more sometimes. (they are full of Calcium, right?haha) UGH! You are DEFINITELY not alone.

BTW-you and Brandi have some CUTE puppies!

New Recipe:

1/3c Light Ricotta cheese

1 scoop chocolate Protein Powder

1 pkg splenda

=150 calories

Beat the hell out of it in the food processor.

Tastes like a light, delicious protein-infused mousse.

More later. My had has been a WHIRLWIND! I was in the office at 6am today and have been running ever since. Major changes at my company today. I have no idea what they means in terms of long term job security, so I plan on busting my hump so that I don't get laid off/downsized.

Hey Gang..just a real quick check in....

I use myfooddiary.com instead of fitday. Not sure why but I changed about a year ago and have just stuck w/it, but I think they're both good!

I posted on the Dec. thread...but I'm having a hard time w/the Slow eating thing. I tend to go from 0 to 100 when it comes to my hunger. I won't be hungry for hours, but then I'm STARVING and have a hard time eating slowly! Anyone else have this problem?

Steph...I'm not sure how I'm doing on protein.. I haven't journaled in a few days but I think I need to get back to it b/c the scale isn't moving, despite my fill!! Ugh..I'm hoping I am just bloated b/c Auntie flo is due to visit tomorrow, but I konw the journal will help too....

Gotta run and get the kiddos fed....have a good night everyone!

I'm up to 52 minutes on the treadmill in a day. (on level 2)

I did 25 minutes this morning and 25+ tonight...

Plus I did arm/shoulder work (lifting weights) 20 minutes

Also did 20 minutes of "the biggest loser" DVD workout. That thing will kill ya.

:faint: uugghhhh, time to sleep

I'm so freakin impatient... i want this weight GONE!

Bev, you are doing sooo good in you exercise program! Have you had a fill yet?... I bet if you haven't, that when you do the weight is gonna just melt off! I get to go to the YMCA for my consultation today!...I hope they'll let me at least get on the treadmill. The weather here is finally turning cold and it's to messy to walk outside...

B-man & Kay - you're doing great exercising. I really need to step it up. I need to start the pilate toning stuff again. I'm having a hard time making myself walk for 20 minutes a day.

I had great news yesterday - the insurance co. wants to settle with me over my accident. I'm so excited.

I'm suppossed to have my first fill on Thursday... but it seems a bit early to me. Everyone else's Dr.'s are waiting longer. That will be my 4 weeks mark.

I guess he knows what he is doing... he claims to never have had ANY patients "slip" before. So, I guess Thursday it is.

I was going to the YMCA yesterday to join too, but it was pouring down rain here. So, I opted to work my ass off at home and I have 1/2 day off work tomorrow... I think I will go sign up then.

Smithkr -- im so jealous of your 220! I'm fighting like a woman possessed to get there. You've done such a good job girl :-)

Question to ALL:

Does anyone here have a "magic" number of carbs that they stay below? I know that for Atkins it is less than 25. I really am not wanting to go that low if I dont have to... if I have to, I will. BUT is it still effective to just drop below 50?

I think I need at least a few to help with all the exercise. I am just trying to find the right formula to maximize weight loss. Anyone have any info?

Brandi-I am not sure about the carb thing. I don't eat a lot of them anyway and the ones I do are mostly veggies and occasionally wheat thins. Sorry I cannot help you there. Way to go on the exercise! You are a machine!

By the way, I just heard of sparkpeopl.com. It is a more comprehensive version of fitday. Check it out and let me know what you think. I just signed up and I plan to play around a bit, but as of right now I am crunched for time.

SmithK-have fun at your YMCA consultation today. Let us all know how you like it.

Steph-yay on the insurance settlement. I am glad that worked out for you. Girl, dust off that pilates set. You will feel like a million bucks (and look like it too! haha). I have never tried it but I would like to. My sister loves it. Is it hard? I will try to borrow my sisters set...she is pregnant so this would be a good time to try it.

I am off ot my weigh in. I think I am down another 1.5lbs or so. We'll see. I am definitely eating more now than I was on liquids, duh...but still under 1000 calories. hmm.I never thought I could eat this little since before on WW I averaged about 1600 cals and was losing about the same as I am now. Of course on WW, I always lose steam at the 12 weeks mark and gain all the weight back...and here I am week 14 or 15 and still going strong! Can I just share an odd NSV, I noticed yesterday that when I rub my neck, I can feel my collar bones sticking out. I still can't quite see them without scrunching my shoulders, but man those babies have been covered by fat for YEARS!!!! I know it seems like a weird thing to be excited about but it is really cool!

Have a good morning all...I will be back later.

BEV- I DOING ABOUT 50 CARBS A DAY WENT DOWN AND THEN UP AGAIN AND I GUESS IT SHOCKED MY BODY BECAUSE i STARTED LOSSING AGAIN ALGO i HAD A SMALL BITE OF chocolate LOL MAYBE THE SUGAR DID IT .

PLUS i STARTED TO DRINK HOT HOT TEA IN THE MORNING .

Hey Brandi - My first fill is on Thursday also, do you feel like you can eat alot more now since it has been a few weeks? I am so afraid of stretching my stomach, that I'm sote sure exactly how much to be eating. I'm looking forward to getting my fill so I am not so hungry again.

thininde - Yes, until today, i definitely felt like I could eat way more than a cup of food. I was not hungry anymore after eating about a cup, BUT I wasn't full either. (if you know what i mean)

Today, it been funny... i think that I had something go down a bit "hard" for the first time. I think I must be bloated or something. I've never noticed any restriction, and then today... I could tell that there was a band there. Not a big deal, but a difference. (strange, Huh?!)

I too cant wait to start have this thing working like it is supposed to. But I was banded on the 22nd... so it seems like things are moving awful fast (with the fill) it has me nervous. i dont want a slip, or eroding problem. :)

Claud -- Ive been ranging from 25 to 50. I just am trying to find that Carb sweet spot. I dont want to cut them out, but I sure have cut down on them, and I want to make sure it is acutally helping and not hurting becuase this is a pain in the butt.

I agree sometimes the 1 cup fills me up and sometimes it is just enough. The carb thing is killing me, I am a carb whore, I love Pasta, bread, anything with white flour, it is hard staying away from it, but if I can get over my caffeine addiction, I'm sure I can break this one also.

Good luck Brandi and Thinde with your fills. Brandi, I am sure your doctor knows what is best for you. DO you feel that you need a fill or that you can get by without one?

I am not due to get a fill until Feb 15th. That is 8 weeks post op for me. My MD said if I feel that I am starving or stop losing before that, that I should call him to come in sooner. And if at that appt I am still satiated and losing, I don't need a fill. It is interesting how it all works. At this point, I feel fine without the fill. I don't know what kind of restriction I have but I don't very often feel hungry and I stop eating way before I am full so I just am not sure yet if I need one.

That being said, I lost 2.6lbs again this week. I am thrilled. Sure I would love to lose 5lbs a week but I know that is not in the cards for me and the 2.6 is great. A loss is a loss!