Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coops! New low???!!!! I hope so! Exciting! What does cwtch mean? I guess I can google it to find out. lol

Kim, it's a quick bread. I saw a recipe for it on Pinterest. My oven isn't working right so I hope it turned out ok.

Georgia, yes, happy not to have a double chin anymore!

Denise, I can't even imagine what you have been through. Losing a spouse at such a young age. Hugs to you.

Thanks to all of you for being here for me. It's so nice to be able to get on here and say what I need to say, feel what I need to feel, and just be me.

Coops!! A loss at Christmas??? It is a true Christmas miracle!!

Sarsar, and the others hang in there. After this winter hump I'm sure we will be right as rain again.. I'm just telling myself it's the season of the blahs and somehow it's helping keep my head above Water a bit knowing its just the perfect storm swirling about.

Skiing Jane? Yay! I've always been terrified of it. somehow the thought of my body momentum hurling me downhill on two slick thin sticks attached to my legs just never sat well with me :P

I do like cross country skiing though :)

Ok fast yesterday was HARD!

I drank tea non stop all day and it just didn't help very much (damn carbs) I "ended" the day at 465 only to cave and have some yogurt and blueberries late last night, so yeah..

Yes, It was really hard when I lost my husband. My kids were only 3 and 6 yr old. My son does not remember him at all.

What's even worse, I eventually did meet someone and we got engaged after dating for several years. Then he got stomach cancer and died with in 3 months. That was hard. My husband's accident was sudden. With Larry, I had to watch him get sicker every day.

I hope I can keep away from food today. It's been hard with having my son and his family here. They are leaving tomorrow so I can be rid of all the extra stuff that's normally not here. I am still at goal but I was 135.8 and I want it closer to 135 or under to be comfortable in all the clothes I could not wear for a year.

Denise my mum was widowed young like you, she was only 36 and had 5 children age between 3 and 13, my youngest brother was born 2 months after my dad died and so she was left with 6 of us. My father was hit by a hit and run driver. Mum never bothered looking for new love as she said no one would want 6 kids, she did meet a nice companion, at church, in her 70s though and they used to go out for the occasional dinner and theatre treat, she used to get angry if we described him as her 'boyfriend, he was older than her and he died last year aged 93 (mum is now 82 1/2).

I did want to fast today but it hasn't happened but I did exercise and that is the first workout I have done in 8 days. I am still within my 2lb bounce and for that I am grateful. I have a games night to go to tomorrow and a party on New Years Eve so I will have to fast around those 2.

Sarsar enjoy your time with your family, your right they seem to grow up and move on too fast, we want them to do that to step out and start their own lives but at the same time we want to keep them local.

Coops we will have to hope and pray that the EEC never brings in weight on the driving license, but I suppose we wouldn't mind it too much now.

Denise my mum was widowed young like you, she was only 36 and had 5 children age between 3 and 13, my youngest brother was born 2 months after my dad died and so she was left with 6 of us. My father was hit by a hit and run driver. Mum never bothered looking for new love as she said no one would want 6 kids, she did meet a nice companion, at church, in her 70s though and they used to go out for the occasional dinner and theatre treat, she used to get angry if we described him as her 'boyfriend, he was older than her and he died last year aged 93 (mum is now 82 1/2).

I did want to fast today but it hasn't happened but I did exercise and that is the first workout I have done in 8 days. I am still within my 2lb bounce and for that I am grateful. I have a games night to go to tomorrow and a party on New Years Eve so I will have to fast around those 2.

Sarsar enjoy your time with your family, your right they seem to grow up and move on too fast, we want them to do that to step out and start their own lives but at the same time we want to keep them local.

Coops we will have to hope and pray that the EEC never brings in weight on the driving license, but I suppose we wouldn't mind it too much now.

Cathy, I just realized we started at almost at the same weight, have lost the same amount of weight and almost weigh the same now! Sisters!

I wonder what this means...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

--------------------------

2 guests?

Whoever the guests are, say Hi! so we know who we are hosting! :)

Edited by feedyoureye

I wonder what this means... 3 user(s) are reading this topic 1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users feedyoureye -------------------------- 2 guests? Whoever the guests are, say Hi! so we know who we are hosting! :)

Umm, yes, I would like to know that also. Hosts maybe?

Cathy, got tickled at the weight comment for drivers license!

I see Ms Skinniness "Liking" a lot of posts. How are you?

Swizzly, Globe and Brown and Chimera, are y'all okay???

Denise, sorry I missed the post; didn't realise that you had lost your husband - that is proper sh*tty. Not sure how you ever deal with that, then to have a partner die of cancer, wow - does it get any harder?

A friend of mine died 18mths ago, just turned 40 and he left a wife and two teenagers.... I don't know how they cope. I think of him often and he was a just a friend.... so sad.

Sarsar, a cwtch is a hug - cuddle in welsh - not sure if it proper welsh but it is what us welshies say!

So far so good on my fast day - just made cauliflower base pizza and it was delish! Managed to stay away from food until 6pm, which is a miracle in itself with all the goodies hanging around! Got a few cals left, the rest of the fam are gonna have some ice cream later and I bought a packet of weight watchers dessert things that are only 75 cals Not sure if they are gonna taste as good as they look but at least I can sit with the rest of the family and eat dessert. We don't normally have dessert so gonna enjoy!

Hi, still here. Was at friends' for xmas and just got home -- or back to temp accommodation. Have eaten and drunk any/everything available. God only knows what my weight is like. I'm just barely coping with the stress. I need to somehow CHILL THE EFF OUT. :-(

Got on my friends' scale and it was three digits and I nearly passed out, then realised it was in lbs. I have no idea what I weigh in lbs so I just didn't convert it. I will try again next week.

<3 to all

FYE, I'm only little though, 5' 3, but I'm real happy to be your sister.

FYE, I'm only little though, 5' 3, but I'm real happy to be your sister.

Sorta like the movie "twins" with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito!!! Ha!

Okay, it's 6:35 and I'm at 505 and forcing myself to say it's done!!! Hoping I can stick to it. :).

I want to eat carbs/sugar!!!! Did good all day. Was hungry but made it but when I got home, well... I did give in and eat a no bake oatmeal cookie made with Truvia. ONE.

Yes, It was really hard when I lost my husband. My kids were only 3 and 6 yr old. My son does not remember him at all.

What's even worse, I eventually did meet someone and we got engaged after dating for several years. Then he got stomach cancer and died with in 3 months. That was hard. My husband's accident was sudden. With Larry, I had to watch him get sicker every day.

I hope I can keep away from food today. It's been hard with having my son and his family here. They are leaving tomorrow so I can be rid of all the extra stuff that's normally not here. I am still at goal but I was 135.8 and I want it closer to 135 or under to be comfortable in all the clothes I could not wear for a year.

That is really sad.

my mother was widowed with 5 little kids - it was a nightmare. This was 1960 I believe and in that time, a "single" woman with kids was treated like a person not worthy of basic rights. She was evicted from the house they lived in, for example, as the landlord didn't think it was "seemly" for a woman to live there without a husband. sigh. totally set her up for being controlled by my dad, a man who's wife abandonned him and his 6 kids. Yep, that's 11. Then I was born...12. Then my little sister Linda (died in 2007) made 13.

I was also thinking about not only how hard it is to lose your life partner that way, but then to lose the man you were engaged to due to an early death. I know this isnt the same - but my exhusband and my sig other EX are not alike at all except for ONE thing. They are both high potential, high intelligence, college educated white guys who really were not financially successful... so I have been the breadwinner my whole life. So, I realize that I have deep down a belief system that I somehow ruined their lives. I realize that it is quite likely that I just picked poorly and got two guys who for different reasons had the same net result as far as their careers/earning is concerned. So, having two men you loved die young - obviously has nothing to do with you, just bad bad luck... but i wonder if you didn't at times feel like I did. That somehow, I must have contributed to it.

Anyway, it is great that you are putting yourself out there to find that last love of your life. I like being with a man, for several reasons but right now my biggest fear is getting sucked into something with someone and once again. Of course, it was alot easier for me to think of a guy's potential when I was in my 20s/early 30s then now. At this point, a guy is who he is... and will likely get worse not better...haha!!

swizz - the holidays are almost over - hand in there! According to your siggy your current weight in pounds is 150.

I commend all of you that have fasted this week. You are better women than me - I could not do it. What I have done instead is gone ultra low carb several days. I am still hanging out in the 149-151 range... but, I want to see 148 again dammit. January.

Coops - congrats on the loss! Wow - you must feel great!

I had a compliment today - I stopped by to look at some hay (need to buy some for my horses) on the way back from my second ski lesson. Some of the hay was in a hayloft accessible by a steel skinny ladder. The hayman had been talking me up about skiing, horses and whatever else but then said "I normally ask people if they are comfortable with the ladder, but you are so athletic, you'll be fine" Being called athletic - wow - isn't that amazing?!?

Ski lesson #2 today about killed me.

The Good: Only 3 in our class, older very experienced instructor - did ALOT

The bad: I fell alot. I fell getting off the chairlift - well, so did my 2 classmates..haha... it was rough. And then the trek down was steeper then I was comfortable with, but i did really learn how to stop.

The badder: The skiing triggered my anxiety - it started while we were on the ski lift.... watchng that big long hill..LOL. The anxiety basically caused me to tense up if I felt like I was going too fast or worried about hitting somebody or anticipating a steep section - and I would lose my form which of course just makes things worse. The instructor recognized it though and i have an action plan how to work through it.

The best: I had a rough rough physical day and I am okay. I think I am finally pretty much healed from plastics... sometimes a bit of swelling but not bad.