Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning everyone. Glad to hear everyone had a good Christmas. We had a very busy day. I got up early with my son and started preparing the turkey, ham and cooking tamales..... I noticed that I am not in the Christmas spirit this year and I see the changes on the walls now. My children are all grown up and next year everyone will be living in his/her own space. Most of us will be in Oregon and my son doesn't want to leave California. There will be big changes that I am looking forward too.

we will still come together as a family on holidays but I and my hubby will enjoy them more.... Hopefully we will have a grand child here....

Typically on holidays we put the turkey in the oven and go to the show. This year there were 7 of us and it was quite expensive. So for now on, we will have better plans and play games and just have some plain old fun.

It has been horrible eating. I gained like 3 lbs and so today it's back to eating Protein and cutting out the sugar......yep that sugar just crept back in. I made fudge and it was delicious. My DH stopped and bought some pies from Marie Calendar's and they were very good..... Cheers to the holiday festivities....... :P

Yep, from reading a lot of the updates there are quite a few of us at the same place in life. Kids growing up or grown with their own kids and lives and changes to old traditions. As they say, the only thing PERMANENT is CHANGE! LOL.

So, all the talk about families changing... that is part of my story why so many things just seem.. different.. haven't found a new normal.

If I look back not that many years ago, the center of my world were my two sons, my partner, my little sister and my Mom.

Passed away - My little sister (2007) and Mom (2004)

Moved out/have their own lives - both sons over the last few years

Lost interest in life with me - My partner, happened over about the last 6 years or so, kind of a slow splitting up

So, while I have so many blessings in my life, it is very unsettling to have your whole boat rocked. Trying to figure out what my new life even looks like... full of opportunities but also uncomfortable at times. No wonder people have midlife crisis.

I am very empathetic to all of us going through these kind of transitions. The underlying details may differ, but i guess some of the feeling is the same. Sometimes when I have felt a little blue, a little saying comes into my mind... everybody leaves. They don't always want to leave (like my little sister), sometimes it is just time for it to happen (like kids growing up) and sometimes it is somewhat inexplicable (like my ex) but, everybody leaves....

I had an awesome Christmas. I had a nice mellow evening with Steven on the 23rd before he headed to the north east to spend Christmas with his extended family. We have seen so little of each other last few months that it took us a while to reconnect but the nice thing about both of us is that we knew exactly what was going on (slightly stressed, a little irritated) that we got past it quickly.

Christmas eve I did a fairly simple dinner with my sons and my older son's girlfriend. Then she and i baked some sweets - let her pick the recipes and I taught her to do a few simple things. We had a nice time. We went super lowkey on gifts which pleased me a great deal. I hate the mad dash of useless gifts.

Then, Christmas morning my youngest son and i hit the slopes (other son was at girlfriends family). My youngest is an avid snowboarder and since snow is late this year, it was his first time up for the season. I took my beginner lesson for 2 hours and then practiced another 60-90 minutes after a rest. Not only was it super fun, but I felt so good that my body held up! I am a little sore, but not bad and I didn't "poop out" from an energy level perspective. I wasn't strong enough to get up after falling (had to take my skis off) but then again most of the other students couldn't either. There were a couple of students in that class that were absolutely awful... not like I was a natural, but I managed to avoid skiing into the snowfence or running over the instructor... repeatedly...lol

My son cracked me up, he said "Mom, I noticed alot of guys that look about your age out there skiing alone. This is going to be a great way for you to meet someone once you are confident enough to get on the intermediate runs".... is that funny or what?

Anyway, fun!!

Edited by CowgirlJane

Just caught up with the overnight posts :)

Yes here we are!

I'm glad you all found moments of joy in the last couple of days...

Wow life doesn't stand still does it?

Ok I'm fasting today and holy shit it's hard!!

but I must.. I blew Tuesdays fast and I just found out I have one more holiday thing on Saturday.

10:25 am and my stomach is growling for food carbs in particular..

Jane, that sounds like fun. I have always feared getting a broken leg on the slopes, so never went there for more than an inner tube run or two... Husband had a dastardly skying accident years ago... his friends called me to come up, he was in the Lake Tahoe hospital with a broken leg for a week, he was avoiding a beginner show boarder and he hit some ice and bam. He now has a plate with 17 screws holding his femur together, and a pin used to reattach his ball joint. Luckily there was a great surgeon that specialized in sports injuries there to patch him up. I know so many people that just love skying... I will stay in the lodge and read thank you! I did rock climb for a while, that was fun, and mostly way above my strength level, but I did mentally difficult climbs, It helped me get over a fear of heights. My gym is a rock climbing gym... I love to watch the climbers, there are also people who practice tight rope walking there too... cool. I take dance classes there and occasionally hit the weights. There are 4 floor high rock climbing walls to use/watch.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=rec&w=all&q=touchstoneclimbing+pipeworks&m=tags

Laura, I am fasting today... came to work with a Protein drink... the Cookies and candy came out in the office and BAM!!! My had grabed one and stuffed it in my mouth without my permission! It had a life of its own! I will not give up, I may be over a little, but will try to stay close to fast rules the rest of the day!

I've got pie and kids stockings laying around!!

Ok but my husband was just looking at old pictures and my resolve just kicked in after seeing this one...

Remember my kayaking trip last year? The one that I couldn't get out afterwards??

post-167126-0-14535200-1388083749_thumb.jpg

I've got pie and kids stockings laying around!! Ok but my husband was just looking at old pictures and my resolve just kicked in after seeing this one... Remember my kayaking trip last year? The one that I couldn't get out afterwards??

Nothing like an old pic to spur you on, is there!? LOL

SherylJane, I've always wanted to ski just never had opportunity and not sure I would have the nerve to jump off the ski lift! ha!

Now, Kim, I do think I would tackle a rock wall and intend to as well as a zip line adventure. Sounds so fun to me!

LV you are so skinny now! Here's our proof!! Hahaha

I've got pie and kids stockings laying around!!

Ok but my husband was just looking at old pictures and my resolve just kicked in after seeing this one...

Remember my kayaking trip last year? The one that I couldn't get out afterwards??

attachicon.gif:

Those life vests are not very flattering either! I think its great that you were kayaking though, and we will hook up and kayak sometime... maybe this spring? I still flop out of the kayak! some things never change!

Those life vests are not very flattering either! I think its great that you were kayaking though, and we will hook up and kayak sometime... maybe this spring? I still flop out of the kayak! some things never change!

Yes you need to come to the elkhorn! We can flop on the dock together :D

Okay, THIS is a first! Huge NSV. I LIKE my Drivers license picture. First time EVER! lol

post-108291-0-34300800-1388089773_thumb.jpg

Okay, THIS is a first! Huge NSV. I LIKE my Drivers license picture. First time EVER! lol

Beautiful!!!

That is definitely a worthy NSV! :)

Georgia! You look darling! That is a NSV.... Perhaps when I get my next license I can have my REAL weight on it for a change!

Georgia! You look darling! That is a NSV.... Perhaps when I get my next license I can have my REAL weight on it for a change!

Yes! She has finished the process and never asked me any thing and it dawned on me about weight etc. I made SURE to get my 140 on there! LOL