Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so wanted to also share the regularly scheduled speech from my surgeon. That the surgery is the easy part, the real work is the dietarychanges, the behavior changs, the emotional impact. He says what WE already know, that our disease of obesity is under control, but can so easily rear it's head. We need very little food, we need mostly "good" food and if we wander back to eating normally, we will be fat again.

I am officially at the end of their program, but he encouraged me to come back in 6 months or a year or whenever I feel I need the support, medical advice or encouragement. I told him it was probably 5 years before weight can really be considered "stable" and he was like... "well, wouldn't bank on it even then".

I also discussed my mood swings with himand he told me that i am doing great - he is regularly faced by patients crying their eyes out because they cant eat like they used to.... his point being that while I have struggles, my emotional health is good, and a little crazy is to be expected considering the huge changes in mylife.

Not sure why, but his opinion is very reassuring to me. SherylJane against world, and holding up okay. :)

Sheryl you have done amazingly well with your plastics and losing weight after wl. Weight gain is probably something we will always have to be on top of our gain. :(

Thanks for the bday wishes for my girl. She had an awesome day at school, lots of friends gave her little homemade cards and decorated her locker. We are having a family only party for her Sat. am as she didn't want a real bday party. Made ME sad but also happy to only have to serve breakfast to a handful of family guests. :)

I'm doing terribly with eating and the scale is showing it. Almost 2lbs out of my bounce range (my weight in Nov determined by me as "if I see this weight within 2 lbs I will be happy" and I've been seeing it all along except today I was up 2lbs over my range. UGH !!! Gotta rein this snacking in. I AM GOING TO FAST TODAY IF IT KILLS ME. GOTTA DO IT!!!

Congrats on your daughters 13 th birthday! As far as eating terribly, I've also been in that same boat! I just want to munch. My son's girlfriend brought home donuts and I had no cravings or thoughts of eating doughnuts until then. I ate 2 of them throughout the day. Some of it was emotional eating I know. But what the heck....

Here is a visual piece from a while back - Interpreting the myth of Pandora - archival pigment ink on paper 32" x 24" edition of three - all sold, and this one won an award from Sony, and another from the curator of prints and drawings from the Brooklyn Museum of Art - was in a digitally theme museum show in San Diego.< /p>

This is absolutely beautiful...... :P

Btw, peeps. If you have shopped at Target in the last three-4 weeks check your checking accounts and credit card accounts. Target was compromised nationwide at checkout card swipe machines from week of Thanskgiving til now. My bank account was cleaned out yesterday morning. My husband called to check balance and only $48. Should have been a lot more. I got online. There was an $811, and two $303 transactions all using MY DEBIT CARD ( an actual card but not the one I have in my wallet) AND my pin! We called bank, they searched. All transactions originated in Houston Tx. ATM withdrawals and used at Kroger! $1500 in a matter of minutes! We immediately went to bank, they blocked my card, disputed charges and are reissuing my debit card. I just checked and they have already credited back my funds!!!! Thank you Jesus! SOOO. Check you accounts if you shop Target for the next few weeks. It is ongoing and was on national news this morning. This is not from online transactions, it's check out lines!!!!

My DH shopped at target and we got a telephone call from our Southwest Airlines card and they were inquiring about a recent purchase for a trip to the Cayman Islands......We didn't schedule it so the credit card company canceled it and issued us another card. Checked my bank account and nothing is taken. I had applied for the red card at target but put down some miss information bc I didn't want them to have that info. Best thing I ever did for myself. :P I do miss the 5% discount though.

Georgia sorry you had to deal with the extra stressors and the pork butt smoked sounds delicious. :P

I have been very busy with stuff.....Last 2 days we have been making tamales. We haven't done this for years but I was getting tired of tasting other family members so we jumped right in. We made a batch of meat that was delicious and for some reason, it spoiled and we had to throw it out......So frustrating......So we made more.....Now it's done and they are so delicious.

However in the past few days I have put one a couple of lbs to my bounce and it is such a reminder that I can not be eating cr**! I am so dishearten. Cognitively I knew this could happen, but emotionally, I wasn't expecting to gain I guess. Today is back to he drawing board for me. I will be going shopping with a friend bc I have done no shopping what's so ever so it will be impossible to keep my calorie intake at 500. So Instead I will be focusing on Proteins.< /p>

:P

Ms Skinniness. I have been very busy with stuff.....Last 2 days we have been making tamales. We haven't done this for years but I was getting tired of tasting other family members so we jumped right in. We made a batch of meat that was delicious and for some reason, it spoiled and we had to throw it out......So frustrating......So we made more.....Now it's done and they are so delicious.

TAMALES! Oh, I love thee!! We have someone whose Mom makes homemade and we buy by the dozen. Yum! Yep, easy to just EAT crap this time of year. So far, so good. Was surprised when I was at the low end of my 2 pound bounce this morning. Had to MAKE myself weigh because I thought I would be over! Isn't that dumb? But it also made me happier. Ha!!

Edited by Georgia

Tis the season for tamales, I like to dig out the centers and leave the masa.

Denise - congratulations on the baby and congratulations to your daughter for going natural!

SherylJane - don't discount easy to talk to (Bruce) that is not as common a quality as we might think and is really important.

Experienced a cruelty of the scale this morning - got on and it showed a 5 lb jump down, I stepped off, let it recalibrate, stepped on again, and nope back to the weight I've stayed at! @##%^**(!!!!@#! So cruel.

Love the time differences here. I am a night owl though. I know it's tomorrow where you are , Globe!

Globe I don't get why you're upset if the scale went down 5 lbs. That's what your post says . It showed 5 lbs down.

I have to get used to calling you Sheryl/Jane. , especially is we are going to meet in Portland some time.

You have to pay to hide your profile. Then it will not come up in searches. Then you have to do all the searches. But at least you'll be writing to people who interest YOU. I found someone in Eugene that I wrote to . Only 2 hours away rather than 4.

I'll be glad when Bill's free again. I really enjoy his company, There are so few intelligent men in this town.

My grand daughter is amazing! She is so precious that I I want to do is stare at her all day. She's a good distraction from thinking about men.

Ha Denise, I wouldn't be mad if the scale was down 5 pounds - I was peeved because I got off the scale, got back on and it was at the "original" weight, the one I have been stuck at since I started Insanity. It was a cruel joke on the part of my scale, "here you go, victory! HAHA just kidding sucker!!" I am so glad I got to fast yesterday and today (non-Insanity days) because I am sick and tired of eating!

Hi Globe. I do the same thing. I step on the scale sEe a number (loss or increase) step off then back on. I know the cruel scale joke. I guess we want to confirm. Sometimes I get on three times to be sure I get the same number twice

Aw Denise, congrats on your grand daughter! You are right they are so precious! What an awesome chribo pressie x

Good morning and evening ladies.

I was down for the count yesterday! I had my father in laws 80th birthday Friday afternoon it was at a Mexican restaurant which is funny because he doesn't care for Mexican food! But I do... It actually wasn't a issue going out to eat I had chicken molè and within a few bites got very full and just visited and had fun..

Afterwards the immediate family went back to the in laws for an early Christmas..

food everywhere but that not what got me. It was my evil sisters in laws and tequila.

We drank two bottles of partón between us then aparently started drinking whisky!! No bueno!

By the end of the evening I had one sister in law losing everything she ate everywhere.. And the other who quite honestly I adore, crying because she said she didn't want to see me because she had heard I lost a lot of weight :(

I was so sad that I caused her stress and anguish. I want to help her and for the first time I felt like I did take the easy way out...

Yesterday I was sicker than a dog all day!

Two lessons I learned

1) don't drink tequila shots with sisters in laws

2) don't try and learn to twerk with said sisters in laws when my evil daughter has a recording device :P

Us after the first bottle!

post-167126-0-40903200-1387725245_thumb.jpg

Good morning and evening ladies.

I was down for the count yesterday! I had my father in laws 80th birthday Friday afternoon it was at a Mexican restaurant which is funny because he doesn't care for Mexican food! But I do... It actually wasn't a issue going out to eat I had chicken molè and within a few bites got very full and just visited and had fun..

Hail sleeve!

Afterwards the immediate family went back to the in laws for an early Christmas..

food everywhere but that not what got me. It was my evil sisters in laws and tequila.

We drank two bottles of partón between us then aparently started drinking whisky!! No bueno!

Sometimes the evil drink seems like such a good idea!

By the end of the evening I had one sister in law losing everything she ate everywhere.. And the other who quite honestly I adore, crying because she said she didn't want to see me because she had heard I lost a lot of weight :(

I was so sad that I caused her stress and anguish. I want to help her and for the first time I felt like I did take the easy way out...

Awww! I know I have cousins that might feel that way a bit.... I am there to support them in whatever they want to do... I hope she came away with the idea that you represent hope! Its not really "easy" but does make weight loss possible rather than impossible! Don't feel guilty.

Yesterday I was sicker than a dog all day!

Two lessons I learned

1) don't drink tequila shots with sisters in laws

2) don't try and learn to twerk with said sisters in laws when my evil daughter has a recording device :P

Us after the first bottle!

attachicon.gif:

Love the pic. My sis in laws all live in another country... If I'm off my face, I can't blame them! :P

:) Kim.

I did talk to my sister in law about the surgery a bit.. She was so cute (and drunk) at one point she came to me holding her insurance card and asked "this is what I have, do you think they will cover it?"

Laura I think getting drunk off your ass can be a fun bonding experience every once in a long while. This WLS is NOT the easy way out, for me it was the only way out. Don't feel guilty. Looking at that photos and 're-playing the words from my bariatric surgeon I judge your SIL to be like me.... advanced metabolic disease and will never be able to lose/maintain without a surgical"tool" It is sad but also"free-ing" to know that I lost the war and my ongoing battles (diets) were accomplishing nothing EXCEPT demonstrating my will to keep up the fight.

Unfortunately I drank too much last night and am mad at myself. I went on another date with Mark the world traveler. We went to live music, multiple hotspots nightlife etc... very fun. I had 4 drinks over a 7-8 hour period but got way too intoxicated. I didn't have sex but did way more than I wanted to do so early on and I am not happy with myself. I also feel like crap this morning... what a damn light weight I have become. Anyway not going to make any decisions while my head is pounding but thinking about not seeing him again....as fun as it was this isn't the life I want....

Jane I know the to many drinks and living in the moment thing all to well..

But yes just take care today and don't think about making any decisions on a hangover.

And yes when we get blotto the whole next day is recovering and shameless flashbacks of the night before!

My sister in law and I have been up and down I'm our weight every time we see each other.

I think this surgery would be a great tool for her and I'm really hoping her insurance covers it so it can be an option.

:) Kim. I did talk to my sister in law about the surgery a bit.. She was so cute (and drunk) at one point she came to me holding her insurance card and asked "this is what I have, do you think they will cover it?"

I am laughing out loud at the images rolling through my head!!! Laura, Laura, Laura!!!! ????????

Almost noon and I feel okay. Did myself a favor and stayed off the scale. My tummy is swollen which is happening now that I am exercising and I don't need the scale being mean to me too.

Bought ski pants so ready to take lessons. I am excited about it! Apparently every dude on POF can teach me. Mark says he will . Bruce who I haven't even met yet says he used to teach. Steven is actually a ski instructor but won't because he says I will hate him. He mostly teaches advanced and racing ( of course) but said we will go after I learn basics. Not sure I want to do that... but my instinct that skiing is a great way to meet fit and active guys is right

Unfortunately I drank too much last night and am mad at myself.  I went on another date with Mark the world traveler.  We went to live music, multiple hotspots nightlife etc... very fun.  I had 4 drinks over a 7-8 hour period but got way too intoxicated.  I didn't have sex but did way more than I wanted to do so early on and I am not happy with myself.  I also feel like crap this morning... what a damn light weight I have become.  Anyway not going to make any decisions while my head is pounding but thinking about not seeing him again....as fun as it was this isn't the life I want....

I agree, don't make any decisions on an early date where you drink and jet set.... I doubt you could characterize your future by this alone....