Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sarsar, hurray for skinny jeans!

CWJane, I married someone 12 years younger, and his last GF was 8 years older than him... sometimes its just right! Especially if you have the energy for it. I dated a guy 14 years older than me, he was very hip and cool... good dresser and stylish... but once in a while people would say "why are you dating your father!" (yuck, did not see him that way at all!) But you get along with who you get along with.

CGJ, I have a really good friend in Seattle that is around your age.  She loves horses. I think you two should meet!

I have had a very lonely day. I hope my DD does not go into early labor so my trip to Portland does not get postponed. I need to get out of this town.

Yeah, I am putting that house Allen's brother rents on the market this spring. I may have to tell him he has to move out then.

I am afraid my 135 is not going to stick. I haven't been to the gym this week but I am going tomorrow for sure. I'm so bored not going. It's better for my mental health not just physical health.

Just looked this up. We all do most of this stuff. Thats why we are ALL successful. Even if we are at different stages of our success...we have beat the odds, and as this study says, after 2-5 years it gets easier for most. Nice to know!

'It’s a depressing statistic: Most people who lose weight don’t keep it off long-term. But instead, let’s focus on the people who do succeed at maintaining their weight loss over the long haul. According to Brown Medical School research that analyzed data from the National Weight Control Registry, a group that was established to follow the habits and behaviors of successful weight loss maintainers, weight loss maintenance may get easier over time. And those who keep the weight off for two to five years greatly increase the likelihood that they will to continue to do so.'

Read more: http://www.rd.com/slideshows/8-habits-of-successful-losers/#ixzz2mCK8diqT

http://www.rd.com/slideshows/8-habits-of-successful-losers/#slideshow=slide1

The man I have been seeing for around 6 months is 16 years older then me. The age difference is an issue - I am a "young" 49 and he is contemplating retirement. For casual dating or FWB I am okay with the big age difference, but for anything with a long term potential I want to stay within around 7 years plus or minus... for practical reasons.

The man I have been seeing is very athletic - he mountain bikes, skies - everything. He played college football - the kind of guy that would have never dated me when I was fat to be honest. Anyway, because of that lifetime of fitness he looks and acts young - would be younger if he didn't abuse his body with cigarettes and stress.

My new booties. I usually wear stacked heels, or low heels if skinny. so, I need to practice wearing them. If I still look like a newborn calf I WON'T be wearing them to the speed dating..haha.

post-122684-0-66911100-1385877627_thumb.jpg

yaHOOO Jane, those booties are IT! Can I take some credit, having sent you the pic of the booties? ^_^ I'm living vicariously through your clothes since I live in nothing but Goodwill finds.

Today my dear sisters I am $h!tt!ng my brains out, I'm sure you all wanted to know that! Today is Sunday, I hadn't had a BM since Thanksgiving so this is welcome, but I don't know what instigated it, IBS? drastic change in diet? Anyway, it was so dramatic I actually went to my room and weighed myself, lol. No joy there, but I can tell by the rumbly of my tumbly that this ain't over ... :P

Hey did anyone catch the Auburn game? That was insane. Also, Paul Walker died (actor). Talk about a lesson in not judging a book by its cover - he was the fantasy SoCal surfer god, so SO pretty, and his most famous roles weren't exactly Cannes Film Festival stuff (Fast & Furious, Pleasantville) but guess what? This exquisitely hot man was extremely dedicated to charity, had his own foundation, worked in Haiti after the earthquake, and was the father of a 15 yr old daughter named Meadow. This was no mere pretty face and it reminds me, everyone has a story.

I really don't know how to go about getting on disability, the process apparently takes forever, when it works at all. I don't have the money to hire a lawyer.

OD I think you need to tap into some aggression! I think you need to go take a Krav Magah or kung fu class - you know Bruce Lee grew up in Oregon and opened his first studio there!

Okay, I'm gonna go poop now.

CGJ: OMG HOT!!! You look soooo good, woman.

CGJ, yea, I go to the boxing gym to train... I don't fight mind...lol!  My son inspired me to start there, he has been going since he was about 9  - he's 13 now.  He does fight though; 4 in total - two losses and two wins.  He wants to go for the welsh school boy competition in the new year.  I started years ago, in an attempt to break my first stall - I didn't lose weight but  I did change shape and lost a dress size. The work out is amazing; the sense of achievement at the end is such an adrenaline rush.  We do the same training as the men, but with shorter reps.  I love it!  I don't go as regularly as I used to but when I do go I thoroughly have a great time.  My daughter has started to come with  me now too - I want her to be able to throw a punch without hurting herself!

Well, it is the morning after the night before..lol!  Had a great night last night - lots of drinking and dancing and boy I actually have a hangover!  I never get hangovers, but this morning I've got a banging headache!  

Hi ladies. CGJ the booties are a keeper. Works well with the jacket you look great. Globe, I was shocked to hear about Paul Walker, how ironic one of the stars of fast and furious dying in a car crash. So sad.. he was young and so good looking. All the weight loss numbers gives me encouragement as well as some envy!!. But I'm not a hater.. so I'll stick with the YEAH!! way to go ladies!. Thought I've not lost but a few pounds on 5:2 I'm sticking with it. I do get other benefits, the restriction and control. Feed I know I am all over the place with why I'm not losing. I know you've all suggested exercise is the missing ingredient and I'm trying. I've decided to stop hunting for the right place and time to go for exercise. I've started using the on demand fitness channel to work out in the early morning and a follow up on the bike in the evening. Discipline is the key, and clearly I have little discipline. When you have to be focused all the time at work and in other areas, its so easy to give up on yourself.. Not sure why that is. If I had will power and discipline I wouldn't weigh 252 pounds right now. WHA!! WHA!! (baby crying).. Suck it up, step away from the chocolate and get moving. Have a great day ladies. Don't give up on me, I've not given up on myself.

My friend Mary said that i ws limiting myself to tall guys with these heels and I told her "thats the plan". I do need to google how to walk in stilletto heels though.

Just to show that photos ARE everything in the online dating world....I cropped the boys out of the thanksgiving picture and added it to my POF account. Activity increased times 4-5and actually some are from men I find interesting.

What do you think of the tamed hair in the bootie picture? The way I wore it for Thanksgiving is more my daily hairstyle - down and naturally curly.

Globe - our family just won an epic battle getting our brother D on disability. He has been type 1 diabetic since 19, but now at 60 it has become "brittle" and his sugar was out of control even though he managed it properly. He had huge highs and lows... 911 visited 2-3x a week to revive him with an IV of glucose, nightmare situation but it is under better control due to improved medical care now AND he is on disability. It was some effort, but people with a real issue CAN qualify. The attorney INTENTIONALLY tried to delay getting the coverage to start so he could make more money (they get paid a portion of the amount in arrears) but my sister A kicked their asses and he was approved fast and the attorney only took around 2,000. They get paid out of your disability money... its a scam in my view but an important part of the process. I helped my sis L get on disability ... but stage 4 breast cancer and you don't even need an attorney.

So, I think you should find a good onine MS support board and start asking around about disability. And perhaps a name of a CA attorney. They usually do a free consult and I wonder if you could do one over the phone? I do not know, but think that MS is common enough that there is somewhat a standard expectation of at what point it is a disability.

So, other than the sucky war situation, have you found Afganistan to be an interesting place? Did you ever get to sample local cuisine or visit markets and stuff?

Girls, I'm not sure what is going on but I'm down almost another pound to 141.4. That's after a pound loss two days ago. I'm not really being that good so I guess the switch up is playing into it. Well, I'll take it. 1.4 to final goal of 140. Happy Sunday/whatever to all!

Brown, I think the key is to keep trying like you are doing. 5:2 is worth sticking with and I hope you dont drop out. Georgia mentioned how switching it up really makes a difference (congrats on the losses Georgia!!!!!!). I find the same,changing something can help.

I believe in the power of thought... the mind. When I have a goal, I do things like imbed the goal in passwords so I type it everyday. Like if I was working toward a goal I would write it down on my bathroom mirror with a dry erase pen so I see it several times a day. I also weigh daily. I feel this makes me keep my goals in both the front and back of mymind. I think it helps me stay focusedand make a few healthier food/activity choices since that GOAL is everywhere. I have done this both with my goal weight and with mini goals along the way.

Ok, we are home from our trip, but faced with another day of "eating" and drinking (ouch Coops, I *never* get hangovers, and hoping to not feel one tomorrow either) but today is a couples bridal shower for one of our friends who is getting married (again...had 2 boys with first wife, then she decided to run around on him, so they divorced about 5 years ago, then this spring the gal he was dating had his baby...a girl...so they are finally getting around to the married part...will get married on new years eve...fun...but today is the shower, and it's been so long since I went to a bridal shower...the new thing is to have couples showers so we *both* get to go and to make things interesting, they are having it a bar while watching the Broncos game!) Sorry about that horribly long run-on sentence.

Loving all the photos, CGJ and LV...woo hoo! FYE that ride sounds totally crazy and fun! OD sorry about your turkey day disaster and Allen's brother thinking he can insert himself in there with "advice". GT, I agree a lawyer would hopefully be able to find a loophole or get you some type of benefits! Sarsar...sorry your DD has to leave...at least you had fun while you were together. Brown...don't give up...I'm not giving up and you can't either! Georgia and Coops...OMG you are rocking this thing...I'm sooooooooooo happy/proud/excited for you (OD too!)

As for me I'm not getting on the scale yet..we DID manage to go for a run on Thanksgiving day to combat the food, and wouldn't you know it I ate a wonderful meal and felt fully 100% SATISFIED without feeling stuffed. Even said NO to ice cream on Friday AND funny but true story, those honeyed nuts that my mom made were sticky as all get out but I KEPT ON EATING THEM. Well on Thanksgiving day, I was trying to "stir" them in a glass bowl and they were so sticky the entire bowl fell off the counter and shattered. Problem solved as all the nuts went into the trash. (I did feel bad about the bowl breaking but my mom said it wasn't her favorite bowl anyway...lol) Funny how I could NOT stop eating those stupid things and then once they had glass shards all over them it was such a wake up call for me.

Anyway, GOTTA get through today and then GOTTA get back on track!!!

Anyway, GOTTA get through today and then GOTTA get back on track!!!

Yep! me too. I have had a fun few days of excess... mostly types of food rather than how much food... I have put on a little over a pound, but feel confident that it will come off sooner or later! The plan is to get it off, make it through December and new years in the same bounce range, then hit the deck running at New Years. I have many parties, a short vacation with eating out, and Christmas to contend with... I think if I keep up the 5:2 in the short down times, it will minimize any damage. Hey, you girls all sound great! Fun reading this morning.

Globe, my bro is on Disability, he didn't use a lawyer, I think the key for him was having Drs that would back him up. He resisted it at first, then after he had is for a while, is soooo grateful to have it... a little security in a difficult situation. He is bi-polar... ups and downs. At last, after years of fighting the meds, he has started to see how important they are for keeping his relationships in place. Do you have any Drs that might go to bat for you?

CGJane, the booties are bootielicious!

Good morning the rest of you ladies, love my coffee klatch here!

Georgia you are really rockin that sleeve! I need to get off my lazy duff and get serious.....I so want to see the 130's.......Good job everyone... :P