Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well done Coops, that is not much of a gain from a holiday and I will presume that you did partake of much wine and delicious food - well apart from rest that is what holidays are for! I really like our new upbeat attitude towards your goal and weight loss in general, its very healthy.

To anyone having relationship problems I cannot offer any advice but I do hope and pray that you get them resolved.

Anyone heard from Sheila? I know she had a lot on with a new job, puppy and kitten but I just wondered how she was getting on as she was very supportive of everyone on here and I thought she might need a little support now. I might PM her.

I cant get my head around food at the moment as the house is in such chaos (excuse!), however I have picked up my exercise a bit and at the moment I am into kettlebell exercises. I am following a video made especially for women and Im just doing the express routine (30min) at the moment as that is what they recommend for anyone new. I'm enjoying it which is a bonus because exercise does not come naturally to me, I have to force myself to do it but must admit that I do feel better afterwards. scales are still up but Im hoping that with the exercise it will start to come down which in turn should encourage me with the eating. Here's hoping.

Cathy - did I ever say thank you for your kind words and birthday wishes? If not, thank you :)

It's a small victory but, this morning I successfully drove past both the gas station AND the two coffee huts. I did not stop and buy a caloric coffee concoction or a baked good. The next hurdle, more difficult, is the drive home and not stopping at a gas station for dirty awful Snacks like chips and candy bars :/

9 days until I return to the PNW. Then I get to deal with bills, an ex-boyfriend, the audit, unemployment, health insurance, getting a WA state driver's license, unpacking, finding a neurologist, getting my new car's tags, license etc.

and, oh yeah, my diet.

Spent most of the day yesterday with bettys sister and dad. The rest of her family is migrating in now.

Funny about the warning regarding sex..ha...I'd like to be in that kind of relationship but I am not quite there yet.

Theo is a highly organized, neatfreak. scientific type....I am trying to decide if my less organized more free spirited ways will be a point of contention over the long haul. Last Friday we had a minor misunderstanding, I was the offended party so to speak but I was over it in like 3 minutes...he was not. I am like that...if I get a little upset and then generally quick to forgive and forget. Flip side he has been very supportive(phone calls) over the Betty stuff - very caring man considering we only met a month or so ago.

Summer has been amazing but mornings are cool ...a reminder it will be over soon.

Florinda, you are missing "find Tango" from your Pacific northwest list of things to do. Century ballroom is quite the dance spot in Seattle.

Well Monday I saw 147 on the scale. 145 today, I would like to get back to 140# but it's not that big of a priority given everything hhappening. Coops you did awesome with your weight during vacation!!!

OMFG I MIGHT HAVE BEDBUGS!!!

I woke up with a bunch of bites on my lower back, a drunken trail of bites from there to another bunch of bites between my shoulder blades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take me Jesus, I'm ready.

Hi guys, Just wanted to pop in and say hello! That is a great post on the other forum Sheryl - some great wisdom there - did I see that right she hasn't even had her surgery yet as well as having a very low starting weight/BMI. I am sure she must be very punishing to herself if she feels the need to ask about the 'high' bmi goals. Hell back in the day I could probably lose the entire amount she needs to lose by doing Atkins induction for two weeks lol. We all have very different experiences - I love what you said about the shame those of us who have been super morbidly obese go through - people who have never lived in our society have little idea of what a burden it can be on a daily basis - one of the biggest changes for me since losing enough weight to be in more of a overweight/lvl 1 obese category is that I actually make eye contact with people in stores, or on the street now. It was often painful to do so before - the look we all know so well. It feels good to be both visible, and yet relief at becoming more invisible in a way :) Happy belated birthday Florinda, so many good friends have had birthdays this weekend. I am sorry about your dumb bf - he doesn't deserve you. The fall has got to get better! All these health woes and man troubles - its mainly money troubles round these parts - have an interview this week for a new teaching gig that will hopefully turn out to be something great - I will keep you guys posted.

Chimera, I had a good laugh about the low weight person comment. I SOOO related. I used to think that when somebody smaller would cry or rant about having to lose 10-15 pounds. I would always think, "I could lose that in my sleep!" Ha!

I really have to learn to be happy with ME. I really want to be healthy most of all and satisfied like Coops said she has been working on. So what if I have to relose the same 5-10 pounds every year or so? It's waaaayyyy different from 100 and multiple meds!

Hi guys, Just wanted to pop in and say hello! That is a great post on the other forum Sheryl - some great wisdom there - did I see that right she hasn't even had her surgery yet as well as having a very low starting weight/BMI. I am sure she must be very punishing to herself if she feels the need to ask about the 'high' bmi goals. Hell back in the day I could probably lose the entire amount she needs to lose by doing Atkins induction for two weeks lol. We all have very different experiences - I love what you said about the shame those of us who have been super morbidly obese go through - people who have never lived in our society have little idea of what a burden it can be on a daily basis - one of the biggest changes for me since losing enough weight to be in more of a overweight/lvl 1 obese category is that I actually make eye contact with people in stores, or on the street now. It was often painful to do so before - the look we all know so well. It feels good to be both visible, and yet relief at becoming more invisible in a way :) Happy belated birthday Florinda, so many good friends have had birthdays this weekend. I am sorry about your dumb bf - he doesn't deserve you. The fall has got to get better! All these health woes and man troubles - its mainly money troubles round these parts - have an interview this week for a new teaching gig that will hopefully turn out to be something great - I will keep you guys posted.

Chimera, I had a good laugh about the low weight person comment. I SOOO related. I used to think that when somebody smaller would cry or rant about having to lose 10-15 pounds. I would always think, "I could lose that in my sleep!" Ha!

I really have to learn to be happy with ME. I really want to be healthy most of all and satisfied like Coops said she has been working on. So what if I have to relose the same 5-10 pounds every year or so? It's waaaayyyy different from 100 and multiple meds!

No idea why posts are doubling! Sorry! Wishing everyone a good or Better Wednesday! I am completely exhausted after two plus weeks of 3 grand girls 4, 9 and 11! Non stop traveling back and forth to NOLA and AR but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Kim, the pics of your Moms celebration gathering were awesome. The jewelry was so sweet. She was a beauty.

Florinda, be glad when you can get back to PNW and maybe sort out some stuff. Your comment "Take me Jesus" gave me a good laugh. :)

Sheryl, so sorry for your loss. Hard to see someone pass that early.

All of my other peeps, love to you.

I'm thinking of all of you. So many of you are struggling and going through hard times right now. I don't know the words to say so I have just been sitting back and quietly reading. Please know all of you are in my thoughts.

I feel bad coming on here and posting pics about my successes because I do not want any of you to feel bad.

Hugs to all of you.

With fall quickly coming upon us I am feeling a little overwhelmed. It may sound minor in the midst of what many of you are going through right now, I do realize this, although it is still an intense feeling inside of me and I'm trying to figure out how do deal with these things. Last winter I went through a terrible depression because of winter. I seriously feel like I cannot handle living in this winter climate anymore. The cold and snow depresses me terribly. I am feeling anxiety that it's coming again soon and I don't want to feel the depression I went through last year.

We are not, at the moment, in a position to move south but this will happen in our future I just don't know when. My husband is in the financial business and most of the money he makes is commission and he has built a large client base in this area over the many years he has been doing this and he has been quite successful in his business. So moving, when we decide to do it, will be somewhat of a challenge although he is good at what he does so I have no doubt he will continue to be successful wherever we go.

Also, my boys, ages 14 and 11, do not want to move. They are happy here and they are nervous about moving and having to make new friends.

I seriously just want to get out of Wisconsin and move a little further south. I want to be closer to my daughter, I miss her!

I'm just rambling but I wanted to write out my feelings and get them off my chest.

I decided to share a couple pictures of the family. We were all together last week because my daughter came home for a visit. Whenever she leaves I go through a few days I missing her intensely.

attachicon.gif:

This is all of us when we went out to dinner one night.

attachicon.gif:

This is my daughter and I.

Love these family photos, you guys look great!

Hi guys,

Kim I was thinking about  you when I was away...

Thanks so much Coop... one day at a time! Did a good fast yesterday, lost 2 pounds (of Water Im sure!) so only 1 1/2 pounds over the bounce. I REALLY don't want to go higher than that.... eating out a lot, cake and candy around.... I just ordered a pile of the veggie Protein source I like, and have cooked some up so I have on hand... that helps so much. I still have problems getting in enough protein. So the memorial was Sat and it was great, new news? Dad has asked a lady out on a date! Can you imagine getting into the dating scene at 87 years? He's a good looking guy, and in pretty good health as well... He was happy for so many years, I think the idea of being alone is just not in his makeup at this point. 

OMFG I MIGHT HAVE BEDBUGS!!!

I woke up with a bunch of bites on my lower back, a drunken trail of bites from there to another bunch of bites between my shoulder blades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take me Jesus, I'm ready.

Those bites are so itchy! I got them in India years ago... they were the plague to me. In the Tibetan community, killing them was not happening... so the ladies would strip the beds, and drag them out into the sun for the day with the hopes of getting the bugs to leave. They lived in the wooden beds. I finally put slippery plastic sheeting over the whole bed, taped it down and that kept the bugs from crawling up on me to bite during the night. I hear orange oil or cedar oil helps too to repel them.... Happy Birthday to you Florinda. Sounds like a busy month ahead. Keep your chin up... make room for something wonderful to happen to you every day!

I kind of crashed today. Hiding from the world. Problem with being outgoing is that the world notices when you aren't. Damn phone,email and text has just blown up today while I watched Netflix and slept. My holed up thing hasn't happened in ages...a sign I am not doing great but I think its a one day thing.

I got a pm from someone preop today wanting to know if she will need plastics. This by the way is not the first message i have received from preops wanting detailed info on plastics. I think I am overtired because I just want to scream "how do I know and why is that more important than getting your life back??? I think I have had too many encounters with people who are getting sleeved for looks reasons and I don't relate too well. Save your damn life and worry about looks crap later. Grump

Warning - proud mother alert!

Just gotta share - totally unrelated to 5:2 and our sleeves... my daughter had her GCSE exam results today and she totally smashed it... she has blown my mind with her hard work, determination and now success! I am soooooo proud!She has had me and Steve in tears, more than once today and I am sure there'll be more to come. She really is turning into a wonderful young lady.

Coops of course you are allowed to be a proud mummy here! Tell her many congratulations. Now you can enjoy the rest of your break because before too long it will be over. When do you go back? I return on 1 Sept.

I don't know what that is...college entry exams? Awesome though!

Warning - proud mother alert!

Just gotta share - totally unrelated to 5:2 and our sleeves... my daughter had her GCSE exam results today and she totally smashed it... she has blown my mind with her hard work, determination and now success! I am soooooo proud!She has had me and Steve in tears, more than once today and I am sure there'll be more to come. She really is turning into a wonderful young lady.

I got a pm from someone preop today wanting to know if she will need plastics. This by the way is not the first message i have received from preops wanting detailed info on plastics. I think I am overtired because I just want to scream "how do I know and why is that more important than getting your life back??? I think I have had too many encounters with people who are getting sleeved for looks reasons and I don't relate too well. Save your damn life and worry about looks crap later. Grump

Last PM i got was from someone getting ready to get surgery that was going on about how happy she was that she would never have to worry about dieting again.   I told her how it is. She never wrote back.

I thought I was feeling better but I am not. Damn