Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glad to see you, sounds like you are heading in the right direction, if not there yet.... make sure to feed your

"biome", fermented foods, yogurt, pickles and such.... those antibiotics can really kick your immunities butt!

Hi ladies! Sorry I went MIA again...lots to cover here but here is my plea....

You all know we had lost our cat of almost 17 years 2 days after Christmas we had to put him down due to aggressive cancer. So we went and adopted a TINY BABY PUPPY this weekend. I think it was a "National Adopt a Pet" weekend so several pet stores were hosting adoptions. We all have been hating not having a pet. Well, this baby (she's a mutt, boxer/shepard/rottie mix) came to CO from TX and brought a whole host of problems with her. She has something called parvovirus and is currently battling for her life. OY VEY! So I don't even know if she will survive this. Of course, we didn't know all this when we adopted her on Sun, by tues she was SO SICK and now has been at the vets with IV fluids all day yesterday/today and sounds like she is still not better. :( :( :( Plus they lied about how old she was (said she was 10 weeks or 2 months) but found out she will be 8 weeks old tomorrow. UGH!

Anyway, not to bring you down, I'm getting spotty again about coming here because having such a tiny puppy was like having a newborn. Nothing was getting done because of trying to potty-train her. Now she's been at the vet the last 2 days and I'm hoping and praying she makes it through this.

If you are the praying type and have a moment to say a prayer for this little girl I would appreciate it!

Here's Piper!

post-108773-0-94177300-1392931631_thumb.jpg

Good to see you Dee - I hope you are feeling a lot better; I know pneumonia is a pain to get over - hand in there and take care of yourself - hugs x

Oh Sheila... how awful - Piper is soooo adorable. I am a pet lover too and they are such an important part our lives. I hope she makes a full recovery - hugs to you too my lovely x

Oh my gosh, I have heard of Parvo... so sad! I hope she pulls through soon. My nephews baby-mama works in a vet office, and there was a little Chaweenie there with a herniated bladder, the owners who brought her in asked that she be put down,and Kelsey said "no way" brought her home and is nursing her back to health. She is just a doll, so friendly, and seems to be doing pretty well. Bless you taking care of this little girl,she is lucky to have you on her side!

Oh no. Pavo is bad news...wishing for her recovery.

Makes me sad today! Dee sad you have been so sick. I am a doggy lover! That pup is precious! I've experienced parvovirus with a doggy. Not fun at all. I hope all is well! You sure don't need another grief for your kiddos. (And you)

So busy at work this week. Managed to fast Tiesday and all day today and then are 3 donuts while working overtime with computer issues!!!!!! :(

Oh well. Inside bounce but as Dee said, feeling all loosy goosy and OLD. lol. Ready now for Spring!!!

OD, take that laptop to the other room! :). He's got his Cpap on. Ha! Sounds like he wants a little babying from you. LOL

Yeah, I'm with Sheryl, the minute you started mentioning this constant companionship behavior of Bills, the first thing I thought of was, "hmm, this could explain the ex" - especially if he is the kind of guy who lavishes attention and gets you "hooked" on him, and then suddenly cold turkeys you, so you appear like some clingy psycho and he appears all reasonable and detached. effers.

I am going to fast today, yes I am!!!!!! 600 cals or therabouts. THIS WILL HAPPEN! RAWR!!!!!!

Okay, had to come back and edit: the fast will NOT be happening today but not because of weakening in the face of Snacks - at the difac tonight they had actual real roasted sweet potatoes and I simply could not pass up such nutrition!! I could hear every fibre of my body singing "nutrition!! nutrition!!" So, tomorrow will be 600 or less.

Edited by Globetrotter

Yeah, I'm with Sheryl, the minute you started mentioning this constant companionship behavior of Bills, the first thing I thought of was, "hmm, this could explain the ex" - especially if he is the kind of guy who lavishes attention and gets you "hooked" on him, and then suddenly cold turkeys you, so you appear like some clingy psycho and he appears all reasonable and detached. effers.

I am going to fast today, yes I am!!!!!! 600 cals or therabouts. THIS WILL HAPPEN! RAWR!!!!!!

Okay, had to come back and edit: the fast will NOT be happening today but not because of weakening in the face of Snacks - at the difac tonight they had actual real roasted sweet potatoes and I simply could not pass up such nutrition!! I could hear every fibre of my body singing "nutrition!! nutrition!!" So, tomorrow will be 600 or less.

Yum sweet potatoes! Good choice.

Sarah, question for you...the smaller I get, the more disproportionate I am. Roughly speaking I wear size 6 pants (2-4 of vanity size store white house black market) and yet need a 10 in a dress or jacket due to shoulders and rib/bust. You look proportional at the lower body fat percent. Do you have any insight? I am not sure that my upper body can get much smaller as I can see ribs on my back....and yes there is excess skin there too.

I can tell you the last time I had such nutritious fare as those roasted sweet potatoes - July, when I was home in CA on R&R. Today is the fast and I am doing great. For me, once I have experienced a positive outcome, any work that is necessary becomes easy in my mind, because I KNOW it works. So this, this is a piece of .... kale ;P because I KNOW it works, I've got the 25 lbs lost to prove it.

I'm currently riding a wave of awakening/awareness of my Self, "coming out" so to speak, on admitting my incredible strength and ability and what a fearsome woman I am.

I know I can do this, not in some granola I'm okay you're okay sort of way, but in an actual, realized, self aware way. I KNOW I can do this and I have the final say in what goes on.

I will probably clock in at just shy of 600 cals, depending on what veggies they have at the salad bar tonight.

Florinda, it is good to hear you so positive and upbeat, you are right YOU have really got this.

Holiday finishes this morning-just going to pack. We have seen lots of rain and the occasional burst of sunshine but it has been good. The poor dog is knackered with the beach walks.

5:2 has not been on the radar this week and I only did 6:1 last week. I have to go home get on the scales, accept the verdict and get back down to it. I feel I have been struggling to get focused again since the Christmas holiday. It's those carbs, the cupboard at home should be empty of them so I will have to be strong and not take any in.

Sheila hope the puppy recovered, parvovirus I believe is a nasty things for dogs - in the UK it is one of the things that all puppies should be inoculated for before they leave their mums.

Wanda how is it going with curves?

I haven't been on much this week as internet connection was sparse and I have only read back a couple of pages, hope I haven't missed anything too urgent ( please point it out if I have).

Sue, big {hugs} as I know you had the funeral to attend, half term for you next week so have a good break and treat yourself to some peace and quiet.

Packing calls ....

Hi ladies, thanks for the good thoughts about Piper. Parvo is and can be deadly for dogs. Treatment is expensive and we have already put over $1200 into her treatment. We transferred her to a 24 hour care animal hospital because our vet office is not staffed 24/7...they basically have office hours. So we moved her yesterday. Her care for the next 3 days could climb as high as $3500. We applied for CareCredit. Ugh.

So yes here in the states we vaccinate for Parvovirus as well. Ideally pups should NOT be weaned until 8 weeks, and then start their first of 3 rounds of vaccines. This poor pup was pulled from mom just shy of 6 weeks, taken to a clinic and spayed (that is REALLY YOUNG to spay a dog) AND given her first round of vaccines. (Prob. too early for that as well.) Then she was packed up, and driven from Texas to Colorado where we adopted her at 7 weeks old. She had her 8 week old birthday yesterday.

She is still alive and trying to beat this thing. Poor baby is just exhausted. We transferred her to a 24 hour animal hospital and she will be getting the best possible care available. It won't come cheap. So this dog that we adopted from Texas for $165 could end up costing us $5000 and we haven't even been her pet owners for a week yet. Sigh.

Sorry to just come and vent and be sad...but thank you all for the thoughts and prayers...my current prayers is that she can come home on Sunday for good. We shall see...

Edited by M2G

Sarah, question for you...the smaller I get, the more disproportionate I am. Roughly speaking I wear size 6 pants (2-4 of vanity size store white house black market) and yet need a 10 in a dress or jacket due to shoulders and rib/bust. You look proportional at the lower body fat percent. Do you have any insight? I am not sure that my upper body can get much smaller as I can see ribs on my back....and yes there is excess skin there too.

Sheryl, I am with you on ^^^. I found a bunch of bargain Spring clothes at the BX. First time I've found quality stuff in a while there and ON sale! But like you, bottom 4-6. And if it's a top 10-12 or dress 10 usually. I'm pretty thin now at 139-143 and 5'8". My shoulders are wider I think even though they are somewhat bony ( wow! Did I really say that?) so like you I don't really think there is much of a way to "rearrange".

I can tell you the last time I had such nutritious fare as those roasted sweet potatoes - July, when I was home in CA on R&R. Today is the fast and I am doing great. For me, once I have experienced a positive outcome, any work that is necessary becomes easy in my mind, because I KNOW it works. So this, this is a piece of .... kale ;P because I KNOW it works, I've got the 25 lbs lost to prove it. I'm currently riding a wave of awakening/awareness of my Self, "coming out" so to speak, on admitting my incredible strength and ability and what a fearsome woman I am. I know I can do this, not in some granola I'm okay you're okay sort of way, but in an actual, realized, self aware way. I KNOW I can do this and I have the final say in what goes on. I will probably clock in at just shy of 600 cals, depending on what veggies they have at the salad bar tonight.

Florinda, you are sounding so STRONG! I love it! And again, 26 pounds! Isn't it great?

Florinda, it is good to hear you so positive and upbeat, you are right YOU have really got this. Holiday finishes this morning-just going to pack. We have seen lots of rain and the occasional burst of sunshine but it has been good. The poor dog is knackered with the beach walks. 5:2 has not been on the radar this week and I only did 6:1 last week. I have to go home get on the scales, accept the verdict and get back down to it. I feel I have been struggling to get focused again since the Christmas holiday. It's those carbs, the cupboard at home should be empty of them so I will have to be strong and not take any in. Sheila hope the puppy recovered, parvovirus I believe is a nasty things for dogs - in the UK it is one of the things that all puppies should be inoculated for before they leave their mums. Wanda how is it going with curves? I haven't been on much this week as internet connection was sparse and I have only read back a couple of pages, hope I haven't missed anything too urgent ( please point it out if I have). Sue, big {hugs} as I know you had the funeral to attend, half term for you next week so have a good break and treat yourself to some peace and quiet. Packing calls ....

Girl, I just love to read your posts because of the word phrases I don't get to hear! Like "knackered!" LOL. I feel knackered today too. Hard week! Glad you got a deserved rest. I'm booking a week at the beach last of April/first of May for just me and the Hubs!!!