Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 10th! So excited!

glad you are home tagster! I felt the same way, like I did crunches. It is weird to feel the liquid hit the sleeve.

How are you doing today, Fitzright? I started on full liquids this morning. It took me over an hour to finish a small Protein drink! I'm not having to concentrate on the super small sips now. I still sip, but they are more of my 'normal' size sips. Now I want to get more into a regular eating pattern of 3 meals with a snack or two and Water in between. I was kind of a grazer before, so it will be a challenge for me to be more mindful.

I'm still a bit sore when I get up or shift positions and it takes me a few seconds to be fully upright when I stand. And, my scale hasn't budged yet, but I'm still a bit swollen so I'm not going to worry about it much.

I am back to work tomorrow. Have a great day,

wow back to work tomorrow. Good luck. I am still sore but luckily off for the summer. I hope the work load is light and you are able to keep your energy up.

Hi. Everyone I thought I would says congrats to you fellow sleeves, I also had my sleeve on July 10 th in New York I wrote a post before regarding my experience to date but anyways nice to see other people sleeved around the same time. Well 5 days out sipping my Protein Shakes and liquids the sipping is getting easier but I also noticed my bigger sips fill me up fast it just sneaks up on me. Sometimes feeling hungry like when I see my family eating their meal or those damm late night food commercials ...lol nice to meet you all and best of luck!

I had my one week post op check up today. I'm still a bit swollen and I'd been a bit concerned about that. Doc said to drink 64 oz Water a day and get between 60-80 grams of Protein. The pains in the incisions have almost gone away and I'm getting a bit more energy. I will admit I'm not walking as much as I should be though....old habits die hard!

Next checkup in a month.

I also had my 1 week checkup last weight was one week before surgery and weighed today in 2 weeks lost 16 lbs not bad i will take it check up went well everything looks great feeling better every day like I have more energy! Doc said I can go to a very thin purée food anything I can mash through a mesh strainer next week anything that can go through a colander a little nervous to try I might stay on mostly full liquids for a couple days.... But at any rate I will keep my eye on the prize! Next checkup 3 weeks.

i too had my check up. I am down 12 pounds. I am doing okay on the shakes but thechewable Vitamins are disgusting. I have been dissolving them in a cup of hot Water and taking them that way. My incisions look good and they are healing nicely. I now need to incorporate a little more activity. I am able to go to the puree stage on Wednesday.

Hey taster

I had mine on the 10th at Puget Sound Surgical Center in Seattle. Hope all goes well for you!!!

i too had my check up. I am down 12 pounds. I am doing okay on the shakes but thechewable Vitamins are disgusting. I have been dissolving them in a cup of hot Water and taking them that way. My incisions look good and they are healing nicely. I now need to incorporate a little more activity. I am able to go to the puree stage on Wednesday.

I had my first and only nausea moment yesterday when I took my chewable vitamins on an empty stomach. I thought I would still have some of the Protein shake in my stomach, but apparently it moved through me quickly! I seriously thought I was going to throw up...scary. The weird thing is that it passed after about 5 minutes. I tried again this morning and chewed it between sips and was fine. Lesson learned!

Anyone else go to PSSC in Seattle?? I had Dr. Landerholm.. Mine was done on July 10.

Hi Doz. I was at NWWLS in Everett. How has your recovery been?

Taster

My recovery has actually been quite good. I get to start pureed food tomorrow so I am excited about that. How was. Your experience in Everett??

My experience in Everett was great. The doctors and staff are really friendly and caring. I don't start on soft foods until Weds, so looking forward to that, how was the transition for you? Did you find any foods easier than others? I'm kinda looking forward to a soft boiled egg, of all things!