Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can eat a little again!

I'm very excited that after not eating for 10 weeks I am slowly starting to tolerate some food. My stent was removed on Monday 7/1 and I'm praying my stomach fully cooperates! Hopefully when I see my surgeon on Tuesday he will remove this annoying PICC line from my arm! I still feel a little pressure in my chest, but I'm hoping it's from swelling from the stent removal.

Hope it's all uphill from here!! (in a good way) :D

slowly starting to tolerate some food.

JennyBeth

hi there :)

you had a leak????

so sorry you have had hard times, stent et al :(

hope that nasty PICC line is gone sooner than later

sounds like you are handling things like a trooper - good for you!!!!

take care bud

wishing you improved health and happiness as you finally are able to really start the "good life" with the sleeve

i'm sure the worst is over

smooth sailing ahead

from my lips to Gods ears!! :)

good luck hun

kathy

So, I'm understanding that you had a leak? Thats my biggest fear. My biggest fear going into the lapband almost 4 yrs ago was a slip. Well, my fears were realized.

Do they know what caused the leak? How far in were you before realizing that something was wrong? What were your symptoms? I know, alot of questions. I'm truly interested and truly wanting to avoid it at all costs. When I had my lapband in 2009, I was sposed to be on liquids only for 4 weeks. I cheated during the beginning of my 3rd week and started eating mashed potatoes. I could've bought stock in KFC. While it didn't cause any harm, this time I'm determined to stay on the recommended diet, especially the first couple months, when my staple line is healing. If I deter from the recommended foods, I could start a leak that could cause catastrophic events. No thank you.

Just curious how it all happened for you. How long were you in the hospital?

Glad you're doing much better and are able to eat a little real food. Thats progress

(((JennyBeth)))

Glad your finally finding some relief!!!

I think if I remember correctly you had a stricture?

But not any ole stricture... A pretty bad one.

I hope that you can enjoy the rest of your summer and leave the pain and frustration behind :)

I hope your troubles are behind you

I'm hoping that everything is going much better for you. I know you are going to do just fine. The weight will fall off in no time flat and you will be back to normal......what ever the new norm will be. :P

So' date=' I'm understanding that you had a leak? Thats my biggest fear. My biggest fear going into the lapband almost 4 yrs ago was a slip. Well, my fears were realized.

Do they know what caused the leak? How far in were you before realizing that something was wrong? What were your symptoms? I know, alot of questions. I'm truly interested and truly wanting to avoid it at all costs. When I had my lapband in 2009, I was sposed to be on liquids only for 4 weeks. I cheated during the beginning of my 3rd week and started eating mashed potatoes. I could've bought stock in KFC. While it didn't cause any harm, this time I'm determined to stay on the recommended diet, especially the first couple months, when my staple line is healing. If I deter from the recommended foods, I could start a leak that could cause catastrophic events. No thank you.

Just curious how it all happened for you. How long were you in the hospital?

Glad you're doing much better and are able to eat a little real food. Thats progress[/quote']

I actually had a stricture that I started showing symptoms of around 5 weeks post-op. I went to the doctor at 6 weeks and told him my Fluid intake and food consumption seemed to be decreasing rather than increasing. I thought it was reflux because I constantly felt something stuck in my throat. Then it got to the point I started vomiting and could no longer swallow my pills. He got me in for another upper endoscopy and he dilated my esophagus but it closed back up 2 days later. The following week he put a metal stent in place which was extremely uncomfortable. I was still continuing to vomit pretty much anytime I ate anything so they put a PICC line in my arm so I could do PTN nutrition for 12 hours every night to get nutrients. In total I had 2 one week hospital stays due to severe dehydration and malnutrition. After 7 LONG weeks I finally had the stent removed and although I still have some pressure in my chest (I'm sure everything is still swollen) I am able to eat very small quantities without vomiting! This has been a very long and unexpected road. I prepared myself as much as possible, but this really threw me for a loop! Thank you for the positive feedback! I can't wait to eat more regularly and feel normal again!!