Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here from South Florida

Hi everyone I thought I should probably introduce my self as I have been following your journeys for the last month.

I finally realized that if I want to continue keeping up with my three kids, 16,13 & 8 and an extremely fitness orientated husband I needed to get a grip. I have always struggled with my weight and I view my life as one big diet plan, I have been pushing my body for years and finally it's decided to push back, I just can't handle getting injured snowboarding, hiking ect... anymore. I brought up the topic to my husband expecting him to not be supportive, big surprise !! after explaining the sleeve process his question to me was " if this was what I wanted and would make me happy he would be there all the way" . So my journey began, Cleveland Clinic Florida requires you to attend a information session before they will even schedule you a consultation. I have to say they were very thorough and let you know all your options. That took place in morning of 06/30 and my consult was the same day. The scheduling has been fantastic and I have been able to have multiple test scheduled the same day to save time. My surgery was scheduled for the 12th July but I got a nice surprise on Wednesday when they moved my date forward to the 9th. My doctor requires a 2 week liquid diet so I was surprised by this but was told that as long as I had done 10 days it would be fine. I have to say I'm am getting more nervous as my surgery date approaches , but reading everyone's post has help a lot. I will keep you update as to how everything goes.

Congrats on taking the steps to a better, healthier life!! I am also in FL, I an in Tampa and was sleeved on 6/26. I am recovering very well, no real problems...look forward to watching your progress on all of these threads!!

Hi there! I was just sleeved a week ago at JFK hospital. How are you doing? Did you have your surgery?

I am in Florida also, in the Tampa Bay area. I received an email later in the day today to contact the surgery coordinator to schedule my surgery date, woo-hoo! So Anxious and scared at the same time, but I am so ready for this!!! Good luck to everyone, I am honored to be on this journey with all of you!

I am in Florida also' date=' in the Tampa Bay area. I received an email later in the day today to contact the surgery coordinator to schedule my surgery date, woo-hoo! So Anxious and scared at the same time, but I am so ready for this!!! Good luck to everyone, I am honored to be on this journey with all of you![/quote']

Welcome! I am in Tampa also. I was sleeved on 6/26 at TGH by Dr Murr and I am doing great, loving my sleeve and new life!!!

Congrats on your decision and pursuit of a better, healthier you!! Where are you having yours done?? Feel free to friend and private message me if I don't respond within a day or so.

Thank you Brenda!!!! Congrats to you! How are you feeling/doing so far?

I am having my Surgery at the Palms of Passenda in St Pete by Dr Tiffany Jessee.

I am so excited for this but I a super nervous as well. Any advice and support you can give me, I would so appreciate.

Hope you are feeling well and rocking your sleeve! ❤