Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Pocatello bandsters out there?

Banded 6 weeks ago by Dr. Avila and wondering if there are others in the Pocatello area out there?

Hi ,

I was banded in mid August by Dr. Avila. I just noticed that you said that you were banded 6 weeks ago. Just wondering if we had met. I attended the support meeting they had a couple of weeks ago there at the hospital. Have you been to any of the support meetings yet? I have just been to the one. Have you had your first fill and how are you doing?

I think I am ready for my next fill. I will see Dr. Avila again in a week or so as I haven't seen him since Oct. 30th. I have continued to lose, but it has slowed down. I look forward to hearing from you!

Paige

Yes, we did meet at the get together. It was my first one as well. I had my first fill last week and then went in for my second fill this morning. I called them because I still was not feeling restriction. I am feeling a bit more restriction tonight but I am going back in 2 weeks in case I need more. I have not really lost much yet so I am hoping the restriction will kick in soon. Hope all is well you. You will have to let me know how your next fill goes. How many have you had so far?

Do you get your fills locally? I understand that the Womens service and weight program has a fill suite. The person to contact is Cynthia Rice 239-9355. I haven't gone to her but my daughter who is a nurse has talked to her for me. Good luck

Do you get your fills locally? I understand that the Womens service and weight program has a fill suite. The person to contact is Cynthia Rice 239-9355. I haven't gone to her but my daughter who is a nurse has talked to her for me. Good luck

I get my fills from my surgeon he is in Blackfoot. I really like him and have 2 pain free fills. I do know a few people that have been filled by Cyndi Rice. My fills are covered by my surgoen for a year and he is only 20 minutes away so I am pretty lucky.

If you self pay Dr Avila will do your fills for one year for free. So I have been continuing my journey with him. After that year the fills are 100.00.

Hi, I have had a lap band for 11 months and have had a fabulous result. I am a NP in Pocatello and do lap band fills at Health & Wellness sleep Institute. I have done over 200 fills and am so happy to see the success patients are having. I am hoping to help form a support group soon. Time limitations and a busy life is making it slow to get set up. Cyndi

I have a band and live in Pocatello. I am also a licensed Nurse Practitioner doing LAP band adjustments since 2005. There have been several banded who want to get a support group going so I think we are going to get one going. Call my office and leave your name and phone number, and possibly email and we will contact you to join the group. 208-233-9355 I am located in at 1553 E. Center Pocatello Idaho. Cyndi:smile:

where is dr. avila located? Can anyone tell me how much lapbanding costed with insurance and without? I'm very interested in getting this done. Any info would be appreciated.

where is dr. avila located? Can anyone tell me how much lapbanding costed with insurance and without? I'm very interested in getting this done. Any info would be appreciated.

I think Bingham charges about $15-18 thousand. It depends on your personal insurance plan contract with that hospital. Than you have the co-pay according to your policy. I would contact Bingham program co-ordinator directly to have them help you in the process. That part does not cost you. Cyndi Rice in Pocatello

Pistol - Dr. Avila is no longer at Blackfoot. They have a new guy - don't know much about him.

I was banded yesterday by Dr. O'Byrne at EIRMC in Idaho Falls. I'm still pretty sore, but am up and around. Everyone there was very nice. I did a self-pay (blasted Blue Cross!), and the total cost was about $13,500. The clinic up there is called the "New U Program." The cost includes free adjustments for the first year, and a support group as well.

Dr. Anthony Davis is a bariatric trained fellow from back east. He is now licensed in Idaho to do laproscopic surgeries including Lap banding. He follows the NIH guideline for candidates for LAP banding. He is working to get Blackfoots program Excellence standardized. As for costs, you can contact the hospital directly and they should have the answers.

Dr. Avila is now in Olympia Washington.

Cyndi Rice NP Aftercare fill provider in Pocatello

I was banded by Dr. Avila in Aug. of 2006. I had great results to start with and then after a year I wasn't losing anymore after my 85 pound loss. I probably should have gone back for a fill as it has been a year and a half now without a fill and I have gained back 15 or more pounds. I have been faithfully going on the treadmill 4 days a week since December for an hour and going for 3 miles at a time with no weight loss. I do have some restriction as it kicks in when I eat a piece of meat that is stringy or rice. But it seems like I can eat quite a bit of salad before feeling full. I need to get into a support group as I did attend one in Blackfoot where I had my initial surgery, but found it to be difficult to get there on a regular basis.

So I have requested my records be sent to Cyndi Rice at our Pocatello fill center and am hoping to get back on track and lose my weight I have gained back and then some. I guess I am feeling like I have lost track of how I was able to lose the weight to begin with as it didn't seem all that difficult and for the last year or better it has been a struggle. I am hoping Cyndi can be of help to me. I have an appointment for April 10th and am looking forward to it.

Good luck getting back on track.

My weight loss has recently slowed almost to a stop. I have faith that if I keep trying with the food and going to the gym, that I'll lose the last 30 I want to lose. Somehow.

Hope the change in support helps you.

I am Cyndi Rice and want you to know there is a sdupport group meeting the third Thursday of every month at my office 1553 E. Center in Pocatello. I am sure with an adjustment and support you will do great. Cyndi