Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

INTRODUCTIONS-please introduce yourself here before going to another thread

Hi there everyone,

Well this is my first time in here. A friend told me about this site and thought I better join up and get involved. Well I am now 8 day post op. I had my lap band op done on the 8th March and doing well. I started drinking Optifast and eating veges only two weeks prior to the op and since then I have now lost 28.4 lbs. I am noticing it now in some of my clothes and in my face. I am just finished the liquid stage and now going on to the Pured food stage which I started today. Man, that was a nice change. I live in New Zealand and had a great surgeon here. I have a very supportive husband and 7 year old daughter who asks me every day, how your tummy mum, can I see it and when I show her - wow thats looking much better. What more can a woman ask for. So anyway really looking forward to chatting with everyone else and reading how others are finding things.

the coordinator seemed pretty convinced that my insurance would require such a list of diets. but i told her that when i called they did not say that was a requirement.

I went to see the surgeon on Feb 8. and i was all happy thinking that it was now in the hands of the insurance company. but i talked to my insurance about another matter on friday, which was 8 days after my appt, and they said nothing had been submitted yet. so i called the coordinator and she said that it sometimes takes her two weeks to transcribe the surgeons notes and submit it. so here i sit once again as anxious as all get out.

I just feel that maybe this is not meant to be.

The psychologist never submitted the $350 charge to my insurance. i went to see him on jan 17. now i have to start hounding him to submit it so i can get some of that money back. he made me pay him in advance.

then the dietician lost my paperwork

the coordinator is taking forever to submit it.

it just goes on and on. i am getting so dishearted.

i wanted to have this done by my birthday in april. i can forget that.

now i am beginning to think i should just forget about it and try to do it on my own. do i really want to do this? every time i am out driving i see all these restaraunts i want to try and then i think--I wont be able to go there after my surgery.

You can always get your records and try somewhere else.....there is no reason the psych claim should not be so far outstanding, but you can always take the report elsewhere.

Good Luck to you and DO NOT GIVE UP!!

;)

Debbie, let me first start off by asking which Dr. did you see, the one in Dublin at 766-6688? I think its Dr. Bob W? If you did he does not submit the paper work to your insurance, he left me a message today stating that, and that I needed to bring the $350.00 in cash or check. But I have a problem with that because he is "in network" Dr. for BCBS Okay fine ask for your money up front but dang:mad: .......... Can't he submit the paper work to the insurance after all he is getting paid $ 350.00 for an hour or so:omg: ?????? I can truly feel how it start to make you dis hearted, but don't let it discourage you, just pray on it and everything will work itself out. Don't let the obstacles discourage you, "Keep on keeping on" and before you know it you will be that healthy young lady that you once knew! You know I'm starting to add up every thing that Mt. Carmel wants to charge us that the insurance does not cover, and I'm thinking to my self now..... It is almost $1000.00 I can just go to the Bariatric Center in Groveport Ohio and just let them handle it. I went there before and found out that that my old insurance didn't cover O. surgery, but they were on top of things within two to three weeks they got back with me told me that my insurance didn't cover it and gave me other option. So What I'm thinking about doing is going back to them and just paying the difference between "out of Network" cost, shoot with Mt. Carmel I will already be paying $1000.00 that the insurance won't be billed for, and then after the surgery I will still if to pay my deductibles. I am going to think that over before calling the "psychologist" back and scheduling an appt. with him. Sorry about the Long response but these things tend to make me:angry angry! I needed a ;) after this!!!!

the coordinator seemed pretty convinced that my insurance would require such a list of diets. but i told her that when i called they did not say that was a requirement.

I went to see the surgeon on Feb 8. and i was all happy thinking that it was now in the hands of the insurance company. but i talked to my insurance about another matter on friday, which was 8 days after my appt, and they said nothing had been submitted yet. so i called the coordinator and she said that it sometimes takes her two weeks to transcribe the surgeons notes and submit it. so here i sit once again as anxious as all get out.

I just feel that maybe this is not meant to be.

The psychologist never submitted the $350 charge to my insurance. i went to see him on jan 17. now i have to start hounding him to submit it so i can get some of that money back. he made me pay him in advance.

then the dietician lost my paperwork

the coordinator is taking forever to submit it.

it just goes on and on. i am getting so dishearted.

i wanted to have this done by my birthday in april. i can forget that.

now i am beginning to think i should just forget about it and try to do it on my own. do i really want to do this? every time i am out driving i see all these restaraunts i want to try and then i think--I wont be able to go there after my surgery.

i went to fathman. he is in dublin.

well, that is great. i dont even know how to submit a claim to my insurance anymore. all the drs have been doing it for so long.

and i have no idea where my receipt is.

great. it looks like i might be out 350 dollars.

my only consolation is that since it was right at the beginning of the year there was probably a 250 dollar deductible. so maybe i am only out $100.

the people at barix told me once i could go to michigan and get it done there and that for some reason bc/bs would pay more. it didnt make much sense to me.

but like you i am beginning to think i should think about checking them out.

at this rate i am going to be hot and fat all summer!!!!

Hi Guys, im Nina.

I had the lap band surgery done about 2 years ago. End of Feb 2005.

Ive since lost 40 kgs, but need to lose another 10 to be the recomended weight for my height. Ive stopped losing weight a few months ago, even though im doing regular exercise and eating right.

Any sugestions?

Maybe if you call his office and explain that you had no idea they wouldn't be submitting the office visit fee to the ins. company they will send you a copy of your receipt: your going to need that to provide prove to the ins. co. that you have paid that much towards your out of pocket (I'm glad I couldn't answer the phone when he called so he had to leave all that info on my voice mail so I could replay it 2 times). I think I'm going to call barix. center and see if they can give me a rough est. of what out of pocket expense I will have to pay. But did it make sense that Dr. Fathman wouldn't submitt the paper work being how he is in our net work (BCBS) Maybe that's his way of not having to abide by the ins. contract fee? Maybe if I decide to go with him I will call BCBS and ask them about this pratice. I'm sorry I just had to vent on that issue!!!!!

Oh and about the Barix center maybe the Dr. in Michigan was/is a In Network Dr.?

It is still early you can still have the surgery done by April or May and start getting your Girlish figure back:biggrin1: Don't you give up, and I won't give up either:D

well, that is great. i dont even know how to submit a claim to my insurance anymore. all the drs have been doing it for so long.

my only consolation is that since it was right at the beginning of the year there was probably a 250 dollar deductible. so maybe i am only out $100.

the people at barix told me once i could go to michigan and get it done there and that for some reason bc/bs would pay more. it didnt make much sense to me.

Nina

maybe an adjustment would boost your weight loss again?

I know I seem to loose more right after an adjustment. A few days a little tight are good for me.

be well.

miss banster

Hi, I'm Sue, I'm 61 and have been dieting for about 30 years and getting bigger every year. I live in Perry County, OH and I was glad to find this Ohio forum. I have been reading these boards for a while now while trying to decide about lapband. I am attending one of the classes at Mount Carmel next month. I have had a lot of my questions answered here and and have decided that lapband is for me. Now I will start jumping through hoops for BC/BS and hope they will pay for most of it! ;) It's nice to know that I have someplace to come for support. Thanks to all of you!!

Welcome to LBt Sue! Glad that you have been able to have your questions answered. Makes things alot easier doesnt it? Good luck on your journey!

Hello Debbie!!!!How's every thing going with you? You haven't given up have you??? I will be calling and setting up an appt. with a psychologist today, I called Mt. Carmel and they said the list they give is just a suggestion not mandatory to use them, I spoke with Dr. Fathman today and said they were having problems getting paid thru the ins. companies and thats why they now require payment up front. I also will be attending the support group in April, hopefully I can get things roling so I can get a date soon.

Hello Everyone

My name is Megan. I live in columbus, ohio. I am currently married to the love of my life. We have been married for 2 years now. I found out last week that i was approved to get the lap banding done. Just waiting on the return call to tell me when its going to be done. I have been heavy all my life and have tried multiple diets.

Hello Debbie!!!!How's every thing going with you? You haven't given up have you??? I will be calling and setting up an appt. with a psychologist today, I called Mt. Carmel and they said the list they give is just a suggestion not mandatory to use them, I spoke with Dr. Fathman today and said they were having problems getting paid thru the ins. companies and thats why they now require payment up front. I also will be attending the support group in April, hopefully I can get things roling so I can get a date soon.

i am waiting----and waiting----and waiting.

since going to see the surgeon on mar 8. i have kind of gotten disheartened since 10 days after my visit the surgeon still hadnt forwarded the request to my insurance. so i am starting to lose the "eye of the tiger" i cant stay that focused or it will drive me crazy.

right now i am busy spending all the money i have left. i figure if i get totally broke then i will get a call saying i am approved.

another thing that has me sort of depressed is that people are now saying BC/BS FEd is requiring a 6 month diet. when i called in novemeber they didnt say that. if i had known that then i could have started then and been 5 months into it while i was waiting.

of course, i know i have no excuse--i should be dieting but.....

i just feel like such a loser right now. unlike a lot of people i cant keep a secret and my life is an open book. and i have told everyone at work and everyone else i know that i am getting this done and now it just looks like it is never going to happen.

sorry for being so down.

Hello Everyone

My name is Megan. I live in columbus, ohio. I am currently married to the love of my life. We have been married for 2 years now. I found out last week that i was approved to get the lap banding done. Just waiting on the return call to tell me when its going to be done. I have been heavy all my life and have tried multiple diets.

congratulations--Megan!!!!

you are so lucky!!!!

where are you having it done?