Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

Thanks Reno' date=' I will definitely try that...my pain meds really don't help with the gas pains though....what about gas ex....I can't really complain because this seems to be my only issue GAS....[/quote']

Yes! Gas-x strips are what have been saving me since I've been home from the hospital!

An update. So its been 10 1/2 hours since surgery. The only pain i have is the incision where the stomach came out from. Pain meds arent really helping, im taken heavy stuff to. Had the wife bring a heating pad and it works a little on the stomach pain. Kudos to those who have posted it here, i woukdnt even have thougbt about it. Excuse my spelling im just so tired and cant fall asleep in my back. Have t slept all day. A few things i will post.

After surgery the Dr said it took longer because of all the fatty tissue in my stomach and liver. He said he almost stopped but he got it done. Tomorrow 8am i do the leak test and hope i can drink im so thirsty. I think all the fatty tissue was from me not doing the pre op like I was supposed to. I had ribs one night, sushi, Pasta, shrimp parm like it was the last dinner. But i did do Clear Liquids the night before lol.

The nurses are great i have to stay in the recovery room till tomorrow because i wont be downgraded till after the leak test but their is so much noise in here its ridiculous. Patients keep coming and going but not me. So the cool nurse said their is a private room that we keep for unruly patients "" VIPs" so she put me in it and i am now alone how great. Door closed and about to go to bed. So i had my wife buy a dozen dunkin donuts and I handed over to the nurse and i told her this is the hardest thing i ever done they all laughed and i told them to save me one lol. Now im getting real VIP treatment.

I dis walk around but my incision hurts. Not much gas pains and they dont give gAs meds here so my wife is going to target tomorrow to get gas x, the magic bullet blender , and low fat mayo and tuna. I have 2 cases of Protein Drinks from costco Premier Protein. I did not buy any bars, i dont think i need any do i? Also is pureed cream of mushroom Soup good on the liquid diet.< /p>

I wont cough it hurts, no throw up at all. Nauseous went away quickly. And i hate peeing in this Carton. Update again tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my day!! @ hospital @515 am!!!!

Good luck!!

Good luck to those in recovery and those soon to be! This site has made a huge difference for me. I look forward to bring able to pay it forward, but I'm a rookie just 7 days postop. I can't thank everyone enough for sharing. It's truly made all the difference.

Well, had my surgery on the 19th. Not much pain at all except for gas. I could inflate a blimp right now...lol I had to stay 2 nights and got home this morning. I slept great last night, about 10 hours. So far so good on getting Water and shakes down. How are all my other 8/19 mates doing? Great I hope.

I only had to stay one night but I am feeling much better today. Having a hard time getting enough liquids down but today was better than yesterday. I think I took my protonix too late. Once I took it I had no issue getting the liquids down. Good luck to all the other 8/19 folks.

I am half way into my 10 day pre op diet! I am back and forth in my struggle to get through it. It is all mental, I am rarely hungry. I haven't "cheated" per se. I have followed my diet in I get in my three Protein Shakes a day and two small meals, however I am not eating the carbs that were on the list (one slice of whole grain bread with lunch and 1/2C of brown rice with dinner) I am eating meat and veggies on the other two meals and chugging the Water. I feel energetic, but if I am late for a Protein Shake or my small meal I get quite testy! The real test will be Friday and Saturday, my son and I are working two 7 hour shifts out at a music festival, food trucks like crazy.... I will be prepared! I will not be closed up without surgery on Tuesday because my liver is too big! 4 more days of this diet and one day of liquids and surgery!!!

I am scheduled to have weight loss surgery next week August 28th and I have been placed on a clear liquid diet. Today i messed up.. I wanted some meat so bad so i ate some ground beef in my Soup. Ok the past 3 days I have been putting meat in my soup.. I know my liver have to shrink. But I was hungry for meat.. What should I do? Do I have to push my surgery out for another week?

Tomorrow is my day!! @ hospital @515 am!!!!

How do I get a surgery count down ticker?

I am scheduled to have weight loss surgery next week August 28th and I have been placed on a clear liquid diet. Today i messed up.. I wanted some meat so bad so i ate some ground beef in my Soup. Ok the past 3 days I have been putting meat in my soup.. I know my liver have to shrink. But I was hungry for meat.. What should I do? Do I have to push my surgery out for another week?

I'm here and checked in!!!! See you guys after I'm well enough to post something in my morphine haze!!!! :)

I'm here and checked in!!!! See you guys after I'm well enough to post something in my morphine haze!!!! :)

I was in your spot yesterday. Its not as bad as i thought it would be. Dont worry..