Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

Great stories! Thanks everyone, I have surgery 8/27/13 in Ga. Pre-Op is tuff but I am gonna do this! :D

Hey everyone' date=' I am glad to hear everyone is doing good. 8/19 was a great day for me. So now 3 days post op, drinking my 8oz shakes (3 a day) and my 6 8oz glasses of Water a day. So far no issues, no nausea, no vomiting. The first 24 hours was pretty tough but after that it has been a breeze. Lot's of gas, but doing a lot of walking is helping that. Even went to the store with my wife this morning and walked around holding onto my own cart while she shopped. Felt good but definitely tires you out. I hope everyone else from 8/19 is feeling as great as I am. I have even already been taken off of my metphormin diabetes meds. I just have to monitor my sugar 3 times a day to make sure my levels stay good. Stay strong everyone, get your liquids down and walk...even if just down the driveway and back a few times...walk often.[/quote']

I am doing much better. It's gloomy weather in NYC so I am staying in doors. I wish you continued success. August 19th was here and now it's a distant memory. I did we'll during pre-surgery, staff was phenomenal, but the 2x a day self injections scared me. I am doing them with help but I know I can survive this.

Next Thursday' date=' August 29th is my date.[/quote']

That's my date also. Can't wait

Next Thursday' date=' August 29th is my date.[/quote']

Mine too! Can't believe it's so close now...doesn't seem real lol

5'10"

SW 242 (Aug7th)

CW 223

GW 170

Preop started on Aug 7th. Surgery on Aug 14th. :)

Best advice......

Stay at least 2 nights at hospital

Get your liquids in (dont worry about your Protein for 5 days)

Walk Walk Walk

It gets better every day :)

Sorry to hear this doll. Hope you enjoyed your bday! Join the August Sleevers FB page :)

I added myself but I don't see anything?

Today is my day! I'm at the hospital waiting to be admitted. My surgery is scheduled for 11:30 & I got here at 5 am because my surgeon's office said "no matter what time they tell you' date=' check in at 5." But the hospital has free wi-fi & I have my MacBook Air to keep me entertained.[/quote']

Good luck Peggy D

Going home. Dr prescribed omeprazole , tylenol liquid and sulfate something to keep the stomach staples lubricated or something like that

I have a question for the sleevers who are 3 weeks out or more. I really want to go to a football game but its only 3 weeks after my sleeve date. Do you guys think I'll be ok to go? How did you feel at 3 weeks?

I have a question for the sleevers who are 3 weeks out or more. I really want to go to a football game but its only 3 weeks after my sleeve date. Do you guys think I'll be ok to go? How did you feel at 3 weeks?

I think the question is, how do you feel 3 weeks out? If your not up for it don't go. I was walking on the beach two days after my surgery in Mexico. I'm 8 days out now and wanna go to work because I'm going crazy just sitting around the house. I don't feel any restrictions myself.

[quote name="holidayexpressions]

I think the question is' date=' how do you feel 3 weeks out? If your not up for it don't go. I was walking on the beach two days after my surgery in Mexico. I'm 8 days out now and wanna go to work because I'm going crazy just sitting around the house. I don't feel any restrictions myself.[/quote']

Thank you! I kinda figured it varies from person to person. Just wanted to know generally how people feel at 3 weeks. I hope I'm as lucky as you!

Day 5 post op, no nausea or acid, walked to the drs today for my bloodtests and when I got home one of my incisions has started bleeding, its slowed down now, I think it was when I coughed, my incisions were glued, my surgeon days it will stop and its nothing to worry about, any1 else had any bleeding from thier incisions?

Day 5 post op' date=' no nausea or acid, walked to the drs today for my bloodtests and when I got home one of my incisions has started bleeding, its slowed down now, I think it was when I coughed, my incisions were glued, my surgeon days it will stop and its nothing to worry about, any1 else had any bleeding from thier incisions?[/quote']

I did....they said because it was the bigger incision that might happen....especially with the blood thinners...the other night I laid a hot compress on my stomach trying to help circulate that gas and when I looked again the blood had started to flow...but of course eventually it stopped....I can say each day gets better and better....can't wait to start seeing the differences....