Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

August 26th!! I'm halfway through my pre-op liquid diet and I have stuck to it. I never thought I could do this but I'm proving that I can!

I go in on the 26th as well! Nervous but ready! Good luck to you!

I am scheduled to have weight loss surgery next week August 28th and I have been placed on a clear liquid diet. Today i messed up.. I wanted some meat so bad so i ate some ground beef in my Soup. Ok the past 3 days I have been putting meat in my soup.. I know my liver have to shrink. But I was hungry for meat.. What should I do? Do I have to push my surgery out for another week?

It's a mind over matter situation. When you mess up 1 time, you have to accept that and keep moving. Speak to your NUT and let them know your progress and situation. Maybe they can change your diet. Good luck!!!

Surgery day for me today. My surgery is not till noon so I have a few hours to freak myself out. Just really worried about the pain afterwards because I am a wimp. Say a prayer for me.

Surgery day for me today. My surgery is not till noon so I have a few hours to freak myself out. Just really worried about the pain afterwards because I am a wimp. Say a prayer for me.

Good luck! It will be over before you know it. We will see you on the losers bench!

Today is my day! I'm at the hospital waiting to be admitted. My surgery is scheduled for 11:30 & I got here at 5 am because my surgeon's office said "no matter what time they tell you, check in at 5." But the hospital has free wi-fi & I have my MacBook Air to keep me entertained.

Today is my day! I'm at the hospital waiting to be admitted. My surgery is scheduled for 11:30 & I got here at 5 am because my surgeon's office said "no matter what time they tell you' date=' check in at 5." But the hospital has free wi-fi & I have my MacBook Air to keep me entertained.[/quote']

Relax, a little candy Crush will help! Good luck!

Sleeved 8/19 no shoulder/gas pain. No major issues except I wanna sleep on my side. I did have a slight fever 8/20 & headache. Blood pressure acted up too.

Right now it's all about staying hydrated. Gettin my 4oz in. Protein shakes are tolerable...lol I am overall happy.

Does anyone else have to give themselves a shot 2x a day of a blood thinner? I prolly would have reconsidered on that tidbit alone. Terrified of needles BUT I PUT ON MY BIG GIRL PANTIES, INHALED, AND PRICKED MYSELF LIKE A PRO.

SO GLAD TO BE HOME.

Good luck to everyone going in this week. I had my band to sleeve revision on Monday the 19. It sounds like the band was encapsulated in tissue. Took a while to get it out. They did some heavy stitching in my upper right side, I think that means on my stomach where the band was. Still having pain at different areas around my stomach. I was having lots of diareaha on days 2 and 3, seems to be stopping now. Also so much rumbling in my stomach and intestines. It felt and sounded like an earthquake in there. I'm walking and drinking, I can finally get up with out my husband lifting me today. Feeling a little more anxious and jittery today. I sat out in the sun for a while and that helped, I feel a bit better.

One day at a time! Every day is a bit better than the day before.

Good Morning and Hello to all' date=' Congrats to all my fellow sleevers and sleevers to be , I just got sleeved yesterday August 19th, surgery was a success and I am feeling much better than yesterday. So excited about this new journey : )[/quote']

We are sleeve sisters for sure. I couldn't get to my phone or iPad until yesterday. I was weak and just wanted to get home. Now I am home and can't believe I did this. Stay hydrated please.

HW: 285

SW: 270.6

GW:160

Well' date=' it's official. I'm sleeved. I just passed my swallow test and have moved up to Clear liquids. It sure is hard to sleep in the hospital. Hope I get to go home today.

Praying for all my August sleeve buddies. Wishing you all smooth recoveries.

To my August 19th buddies, hope all went well. One day at a time for recover.[/quote']

I do not remember a swallow test. When do they do that? My SIL said I had everyone cracking up as I came out of recovery...anyway I must have passed or I wouldn't be home. Keep hydrated.

Wishing the best to all of our newly and soon to be sleeved siblings!!! May your surgeries go well and hope you have a quick recovery!

SlimSistah, I had to do the blood thinner shots too......and I HATE needles.....thankfully that part is done, and it wasn't so bad.

Tuesday I met the 2 week mark, and like Mich said, each day brings positive new changes....so happy for the sleeve, and have no regrets.....stomach still gurgles away, but it's getting quieter, on pureed foods, and eating is getting a little easier each day....wishing you all the same! The preop diet and Clear Liquids phase are a quickly fading memory.....good luck!

Hi ladies! Got my sleeve yesterday! Doing pretty good. Minimal pain. Just tightness. And' date=' some pain if I drink too fast. Trying to remember to sip, sip, sip! Hoping to go home today! :-)

Hope everyone else is doing well![/quote']

Congrats Jules. I was sleeved 8/19 and home relaxing. Enjoy your new self...

Just got out of surgery. Right side pain but ok. Didnt speak yo Dr yet. Dr told my wife my liver was real fatty and had to move it whatever

That means. My fault for eating shrimp parmagiana and cake on the pre op i guess.

Good job and don't worry it's done.

Hey everyone, I am glad to hear everyone is doing good. 8/19 was a great day for me. So now 3 days post op, drinking my 8oz shakes (3 a day) and my 6 8oz glasses of Water a day. So far no issues, no nausea, no vomiting. The first 24 hours was pretty tough but after that it has been a breeze. Lot's of gas, but doing a lot of walking is helping that. Even went to the store with my wife this morning and walked around holding onto my own cart while she shopped. Felt good but definitely tires you out. I hope everyone else from 8/19 is feeling as great as I am. I have even already been taken off of my metphormin diabetes meds. I just have to monitor my sugar 3 times a day to make sure my levels stay good. Stay strong everyone, get your liquids down and walk...even if just down the driveway and back a few times...walk often.

It's a mind over matter situation. When you mess up 1 time' date=' you have to accept that and keep moving. Speak to your NUT and let them know your progress and situation. Maybe they can change your diet. Good luck!!![/quote']

Thank You!