Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

This pre-op diet is so hard ! These medifast meals are so bland!

I am scheduled for August 13th! And I am soooo ready for this new life :D I am new to this site and look forward to meeting people on this same journey as mine!

August 27th in Tijuana Mx with Dr Garcia... Anyone else going to be there??

at least u can have a meal

I guess your right .

Very disappointed. Today I had my EKG and apparently there was a change from the one in March. I am worried about my heart. Don't know what happened to cause the change. I'm not showing any signs or symptoms for what ever the doctor saw. But to top it all off, my surgery has been canceled for Monday 8/5 till some time in mid September (hopefully). I have to take a stress test. Yes I'm upset about the surgery but more concerned about my heart. So I am officially no longer a August sleever :'(

Very disappointed. Today I had my EKG and apparently there was a change from the one in March. I am worried about my heart. Don't know what happened to cause the change. I'm not showing any signs or symptoms for what ever the doctor saw. But to top it all off' date=' my surgery has been canceled for Monday 8/5 till some time in mid September (hopefully). I have to take a stress test. Yes I'm upset about the surgery but more concerned about my heart. So I am officially no longer a August sleever :'([/quote']

It's ok and don't be discouraged, the same thing happen to me and I did the stress test and everything was fine! It's just another loop hole but you will be through it soon. I am 2days in pre op diet and just starting to have a hard time mentally, trying to stay positive and focused on my end result. You will do fine!

Very disappointed. Today I had my EKG and apparently there was a change from the one in March. I am worried about my heart. Don't know what happened to cause the change. I'm not showing any signs or symptoms for what ever the doctor saw. But to top it all off' date=' my surgery has been canceled for Monday 8/5 till some time in mid September (hopefully). I have to take a stress test. Yes I'm upset about the surgery but more concerned about my heart. So I am officially no longer a August sleever :'([/quote']

I'm so sorry! Everything happens for a reason. Stay positive! Complete the required tests and pray. Your health is more important than a surgery date. Check out the September sleevers thread and continue to keep in touch with us. ;-) Good luck!!!

Very disappointed. Today I had my EKG and apparently there was a change from the one in March. I am worried about my heart. Don't know what happened to cause the change. I'm not showing any signs or symptoms for what ever the doctor saw. But to top it all off, my surgery has been canceled for Monday 8/5 till some time in mid September (hopefully). I have to take a stress test. Yes I'm upset about the surgery but more concerned about my heart. So I am officially no longer a August sleever :'(

Sorry to hear this determined. Keep your chin up, it's better to be safe than sorry. Let the Dr's do what's best for you. I'm sure it will happen, they just have to check out your stress test. Stay positive and I hope you still hang out with us :)

Had my last pre-op hoop to jump through today...hope to get my surgery date when I meet with the surgeon's PA on Tuesday. I think it would be unusual not to swing to polar opposites emotionally as we approach our respective dates.

This is a pretty radical choice we've made afterall, isn't it? :)

We can do this...we see success stories on this wonderful forum everyday. We also see the hardships we are about to encounter, and we see people rise above and keep moving forward. These are the things that empower us, and give us the inspiration and the courage to do something so very radical. I think this is the reason most of us are on this site in the first place...folks reaching out to one another in support and friendship.

We can do this. <3

How are all the aug 1st folks doing????a little discomfort but not nearly as bad as I thought!!!praying for speedy recovery for you ladies!!

my surgery is Aug 8

August 8 after one year of trying to get approved

Im on the 8th too!!! Bright and early.. 7:30 am.

Im scheduled for the 8th... How long does everyone have to go on their pre-op liquid diet for?

Im supposed to do 2 weeks, Clear Liquids only. ITS HARD!!!

Is anyone allowed food? If so, what are you allowed to have?