Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

I am scheduled for 8/8 in Cincinnati Kennedy. Yes pre-op diet is terrible!

I'm in Cincinnati too, who is your Dr. I was scheduled 8/5 at Christ but had to cancel due to EKG issues. Dr. Wadkins is my Dr. However he is with UC in West Chester.

Good luck with your surgery.

Thank you for all the answers about a hospital stay. I guess I should just trust my Dr. that I will be okay at home. I will be alone the day after the surgery' date=' hubby has to work. Will I be okay or should I have a family member come over?[/quote']

I would suggest having someone over. While this surgery seems minimally invasive it's a major surgery. Here's a good read. http://debrastangfreelancewriter.typepad.com/my_gastric_sleeve/2011/04/5-things-i-wish-id-known-before-my-gastric-sleeve.html

I would suggest having someone over. While this surgery seems minimally invasive it's a major surgery. Here's a good read. http://debrastangfre...ric-sleeve.html

I'm hoping my recovery goes well and quickly because I'm only out of work 13 days before I'm due back. And I pretty much don't have any options since I'm the breadwinner and that 13 days off is maxing my sick leave and annual leave and have no choice but to go back on time. I had my gallbladder removed in 1990 in the old fashioned open surgery method and was supposed to be off 6 weeks for recovery but was back at work in a week, so I'm hoping an extra week will suffice to make up for my being 13 years older. I'm a social worker like the woman in the link above except I work with homeless veterans. I'm going to be good and kind to myself and take it easy when I get back and I'm hoping I'll be fine. :unsure:

Hey everybody! August 15th here! I was just wondering why we are duplicating groups? Isn't there already an August group made by the site? Just curious.

Hey everybody! August 15th here! I was just wondering why we are duplicating groups? Isn't there already an August group made by the site? Just curious.

Yes, I think you're correct... but I think the other group is under the Mexican forum and on this one, its a mixture....not sure :-)

I'm in Cincinnati too, who is your Dr. I was scheduled 8/5 at Christ but had to cancel due to EKG issues. Dr. Wadkins is my Dr. However he is with UC in West Chester.

Good luck with your surgery.

Hi Cincy sister! I have Dr Trace Curry. Mine is being done at Journeylite. Good luck to you too :)

Yes, I think you're correct... but I think the other group is under the Mexican forum and on this one, its a mixture....not sure :-)

Thanks, I think there is one there too, but the one I'm part of is under Monthly Support Groups and then you choose your year (2013) then month. It really doesn't matter, I just know that it gets really overwhelming for a newbie trying to navigate this site for the first week or so and having multiple support groups for the same things adds to that. I will be part of as many groups as possible for the most support and ideas as possible, but it would be nice if we could all be part of one so we can all get each other's advice and knowledge.

Good read

Thank you for your advice :)

I agree I've been getting up as much as possible to walk and that seems to really help!

Yes I was sleeved on aug 1 and it was not bad at all!! I didn't have to use the pain meds once and still haven't!! It's just the gas pain that are the worst. Walking does help A LOT!! Also I've out hit compress on my right shoulder which is where I feel it constant!!

HOPE AND PRAY EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING GREAT!!

I'm so glad you guys don't have pain. I'm getting really nervous. Having it done on Monday 8/5. Long Island. Are you still in the hospital? Any last min advice?

Just make sure you have some Chapstick and WALK WALK WALK WALK!! You will be fine!!

Yes I was sleeved on aug 1 and it was not bad at all!! I didn't have to use the pain meds once and still haven't!! It's just the gas pain that are the worst. Walking does help A LOT!! Also I've out hit compress on my right shoulder which is where I feel it constant!!

HOPE AND PRAY EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING GREAT!!

SORRY MEANT TO SAY: I'VE PUT HOT COMPRESS ON MY RIGHT SHOULDER WHICH IS WHERE I FEEL IT CONSTANTLY!! That helped some!!

Thank you for all the answers about a hospital stay. I guess I should just trust my Dr. that I will be okay at home. I will be alone the day after the surgery' date=' hubby has to work. Will I be okay or should I have a family member come over?[/quote']

Today is my first day post-op and really I am totally ready to leave. Wish we could have been back in our own comfy home and bed. But since I'm barely able to drink Water without it feeling "weird" it's probably good to be here and be allowed to ease into things.

I too wondered if we'd need care taking, but really we don't. We are up and about, walking, getting things for ourselves etc. I've been in much worse shape with just a fever than I am now with respect to taking care of myself. If you want to have someone come visit for a few hours just for the company, go for it, but you won't really need anything you can't get for yourself.

Just make sure you have some Chapstick and WALK WALK WALK WALK!! You will be fine!!

Ok stupid question but why ChapStick?

Ok stupid question but why ChapStick?

You're not allowed anything to drink for the first day and your lips do get a but dry. I found myself rinsing out my mouth with Water to wet it, and then applying Chapstick to keep from feeling so dry (well EOS in my case since Chapstick with its menthol is really not good dr you, but you get the point).