Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 Roll Call

Put a countdown timer on my phone. I am so emotional' date=' surgery is August 19, and I have days where I'm super excited and others where I'm scared. I worked really hard at getting my approval, tried 10 years ago but got denied and I was beat up by the appeal process, so I let it go. I got married again to wonderful man and lived my life but always felt like I wasn't living a quality life. So I tried again this year and finally got my approval. Start my liquid pre-op diet next Monday along with my pre-op testing, then 2 weeks till my surgery. I'm praying for no complications and for this next few weeks to fly by! Anyone else feeling emotional, and all over the place?[/quote']

I am so emotional and all over the place!! I was a mess all morning yesterday even just thinking about the idea of what I am doing to myself....but like u I then have days where I am extremely excited and can't wait to start my journey! Back and forth daily! I think this is normal for us to feel this way! And I will pray for us all to have a smooth recovery! Please post regularly to keep us updated!!!

ya know your right!!! No one gets this but us!!! Someone who has never struggled will never understand!!! Thanks! It does help to vent here....we are all in this together!!!

Exactly, no one gets it but us!! This was not an overnight decision. This took research and planning and it's a forever process!! Some just DONT get it. That's why I chose not to tell anyone!! Just my daughter!! I don't have time to listen to negativity from anyone. I've done a good job of the negative talk to myself. And I too am thankful we have this amazing forum to vent and encourage one another

Don't pay any attention to anyone but YOURSELF!! NO ONE KNOWS YOU BETTER THAN YOU AND ALL THAT YOU'VE GONE THROUGH. This, I'm sure hasn't been an easy decision but we know its the right one!! We have a few days to start again!! No looking back!!

I am so emotional and all over the place!! I was a mess all morning yesterday even just thinking about the idea of what I am doing to myself....but like u I then have days where I am extremely excited and can't wait to start my journey! Back and forth daily! I think this is normal for us to feel this way! And I will pray for us all to have a smooth recovery! Please post regularly to keep us updated!!!

OMG ME TOO!! I was expressing to my daughter that I felt I was torturing myself by doing this when in reality it will save my life. I know I can try dieting again and lose a few pounds but guess what? It's just gonna come back on and then some. So I know this is the right decision. And like you I get excited at the prospect of how healthy and good I'm gonna feel and I know it will all be worth it!!

It is normal!! I don't think anyone here has ever not double guessed themselves on this type of decision and felt nervous especially as the date approaches. PRAYERS FOR YOU ALL!!

Exactly' date=' no one gets it but us!! This was not an overnight decision. This took research and planning and it's a forever process!! Some just DONT get it. That's why I chose not to tell anyone!! Just my daughter!! I don't have time to listen to negativity from anyone. I've done a good job of the negative talk to myself. And I too am thankful we have this amazing forum to vent and encourage one another

Don't pay any attention to anyone but YOURSELF!! NO ONE KNOWS YOU BETTER THAN YOU AND ALL THAT YOU'VE GONE THROUGH. This, I'm sure hasn't been an easy decision but we know its the right one!! We have a few days to start again!! No looking back!![/quote']

omg well said I'm with u 1000 percent

Thanks for the prayers and responses, I don't feel like a freak anymore! Lol! I was worried I was losing my mind or something. I did do a lot of research, and put in time and effort to get my approval. I knew this is something I wanted and needed. I also know it's not an easy fix, I still have to put work in, wls is a tool and it won't magically fix anything if I'm not willing to make several life changes and the way I think and feel about food, which I have. Good luck to event and I will definitely keep you guys posted!

This is my second post and I have to say that I have been reading the conversation as it goes and you all are so inspiring and positive! My date is August 8th and I am scared out of my mind. Am I doing the right thing? I know everyone feels this way at some time or another, and right now I am just trying to figure out what it is that I'm most scared of. I do need a buddy to go through this with and I would love to find a support group near my home but I just can;t seem to find one. Is anyone from the Jersey shore area?

So I just had a lady who hardly knows me stop me and say.....you should really reconsider surgery....this is a big deal....a big change....and you look great the way you are.....WHAT DO YOU EVEN SAY TO THAT??? for that 4 minutes I really thought about what she said.....what if shes right?!?!?! Im venting of course....cause no one else understands but my sleeve buddies

See, I'm very honest, and blunt, I probably wouldn't have been to nice to her, I appreciate the concern but she don't know me, and sure the hell shouldn't have felt to express her opinion of what I need to do, without knowing anything about me, my life, or struggles. So yeah, I would have put her in her place very quickly and walked away. I don't have time for people like that or their unsolicited opinions.

Hi just joined the group... I'm on for August 27th! Transformation here I come.

I thought I would kick off the fun for August Sleevers! So here we go!!

I am scheduled for Monday August 19th! Let the countdown begin!!

Me too!

Last night I wanted to curl up in a ball..

One of my best friends who knows about the surgery and all the struggles I have had with weight.. Anyway I was in the break room at work eating a small pile of Doritos (which I allotted for in my calorie intake) and he says to me.. What are you eating those for? Like your not allowed to eat those.. I guess I have to get used to people's criticism and thinking they know best for me..