Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im addicted to weighing "/

I don't think daily weighing is bad at all; it's the emotional attachment to the number that can be a problem. It's just data, not a judgment (ideally).

I go in streaks; sometimes weigh daily and then skip to weekly and back again. I agree it helps to troubleshoot the process and keep one accountable.

Does anyone actually lose weight from morning to evening? I try not to weigh in the evening bc I usually weigh 3 to 5 lbs more than in the morning. When I was losing all of the Water weight from the hospital from the IV fluids my weight actually did go down during the day for a short time--which was freaky!

Lol

I'd never be able to get back to sleep after waking up to do something that requires any more thought than sitting in the dark and emptying my bladder. Fuzzy teeth it is ;)

I have a bit of OCD. I can't lay down and fall asleep without brushing. This includes naps.

Does anyone actually lose weight from morning to evening? I try not to weigh in the evening bc I usually weigh 3 to 5 lbs more than in the morning. When I was losing all of the Water weight from the hospital from the IV fluids my weight actually did go down during the day for a short time--which was freaky!

I do from time to time but only if I've spent a long day in the sun. It has to be dehydration. I still can't get in a long satisfying drink of Water and sipping is starting to piss me off.

Ok here's one for you Amy..... I'm going on a week long vacation with NO SCALE!!!!

OMG a little panic here but when the husband said I could bring it if I really wanted it....

I thought ok I'll just be a big girl and deal for a week.

Oh and when I step on the scale I always take a very deep breath and exhale all the way when stepping on. Is that weird? :P

I have a bit of OCD. I can't lay down and fall asleep without brushing. This includes naps.

So, it's not do bad that you have CDO.

I weigh twice daily-minimum. I'm fascinated with the loss. Surgeon says as long as I don't freak out when I gain, I can weigh daily. It is frustrating to see a few pound gain, and knowing I have to lose it all over again.

I cannot bring myself to weigh in daily. It would become an obsession for me. A bad one. I try and weigh in every two weeks. Occasional every week.

I'm only 6 days post op and I haven't yet figured out how to do the weighing thing. Throughout years of dieting, the weighing in moment was the single biggest cause of frustration and the catalyst to making me think "#%@^&$#% it! I GIVE UP!!" so now I'm kind of afraid to start that pattern again.

Now at least there is more chance of success than failure but doing it every day seems like when I don't see a loss it will be a frustrating/emotional day.

I wouldnt do it if it caused negative emotions.

I weigh everyday, but I only record once week. So if its not record day, and i am up .5, then I think about what I did the day before that I could have done differently. More Water, less carbs, more walking, etc. its a tool. But the number doesn't define me.

Ok here's one for you Amy..... I'm going on a week long vacation with NO SCALE!!!!

OMG a little panic here but when the husband said I could bring it if I really wanted it....

Oh and when I step on the scale I always take a very deep breath and exhale all the way when stepping on. Is that weird? :P

You don't take your scale on vacations!?!?!?!?!?!

FREAK!!

:ph34r:

Ftr, today's weigh in was a happy one. ;)

For me as well - 2lbs lost overnight. Not realistic but I'll take it

I suppose next you're gonna tell us you don't have a picture of your scale in your purse. If this is the case, just unfriend me now.

:P

I weigh every day but only record it officially on Wednesdays. even though sometimes it's higher than a previous day. some people do an average for the week.

try to become "addicted" to tracking instead. I know I am doing well if I am eating right stuff and quantity according to myfitnesspal. I use that to judge if I am "doing the right thing" the scale is just a measurement and can't measure behavior only results of behavior. if it goes up but myfitnesspal tracking of everything i eat is good (grams of Protein, carb, sugar) then I know scale will eventually show that. I also know when I've indulged I see it on MFP and will see it on scale at some point if I don't get back on track. same with exercise.